636 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Posted June 17, 2015
I attended Oriole Elementary between 2002-2008 and I had the most wonderful time there. The teachers really cared about their students and were very active with parent communications. I am now a high school graduate about to attend one of the best universities in Florida and I can honestly say that the characters I possess; my work ethics , my drive to succeed stems from my experience as a child at this school . Some of the teachers I had still teach there and I know that they have kept the same standards from when I was there . The janitors were even friendly and the staff loved to interact with the students . I actually graduated from its neighboring high school , Boyd Anderson and during school I would watch the little kids playing in the field , they seemed very content . By far the best elementary school I have ever been and visited .

Oriole Elementary School 1

Posted April 28, 2015
I regret taking removing my kids from Private school because I thought they were not getting the extra resources Public schools offer. My son has had a very hard year this year. His teach never responds to my notes, or calls until weeks after. She is inconsistent in the things she tells me about my son. I am very disappointed. And my kids WILL NOT BE ENROLLED there next year. I expected differently even though I knew it was an F school I was mislead by word of mouth. Live and Learn. Something needs to be done at this school but I am not sure what it is. Something is lacking!

Oriole Elementary School 1

Posted March 10, 2015
This school is filthy. My child has complained about being hurt three times, the campus is filthy and the office looks really unorganized. The staff is polite. That does not get results. The condition of the school..."in terms of what they CAN control" such as the cleanliness is horrible even after considering that it is an old building. Compared to other schools that I have toured this school is the worst. They scored an F academically last year. The lack of concern in their systems of organization is clearly the reason. The kids are dismissed in a dangerous fashion. I.e. They play in the street during dismissal. There is a group of about 50 kids that push each other around right near the street....right in front of the school. This is a clear indicator that the staff sees this rough horseplay. I believe the african American demographic suffers because of their lack of concern. This is sad when a school of African American children is filled with African-American leaders that show absolutely no concern for their well-being and safety. This school should be closed. It's a waste of tax dollars. I pray for GOD to liberate my child from this mockery of the U.S. educational system.

Posted May 13, 2009
The school is great! Dr. Reardon and Ms. Peeples are professional in all that they do. It is with great sadness that we say goodbye to Ms. Peeples as she has been promoted. I can only hope that Dr. Reardon does not leave this school. He has helped my son more then he will ver realize! I hope he takes over as the principal. - 4th Grade Parent

Posted April 10, 2009
Awesome School! The principal along with the teachers are great. They are working very hard to ensure students learn and reach their mark. With the help of parents this school could be even greater.

Posted March 26, 2008
I am a concerned parent of Oriole elementary, and I am so disappointed that my son had to be subjected to a terrible start in his elementary schooling. They have no sense of leadership or taking on challenges to better themselves. Parents who leave their children at this school have no idea of their childrens future. If I were in charge of the broward school district, I would shut it down and re-open with a new concept to lead these children in a posirtive manner.

Posted November 15, 2007
I am a parent and this is the first year my children has attended Oriole Elementary. I will be moving them to another school, next year. Oriole does not communicate well with the parents, the teachers do not have adequate materials to properly educate their students. The school is very unorganized. Eveytime I had a concern and questioned it I would get a response of ' I will get back to you' they never do. This school is a C school and I do not see anyone trying to change that. They also discourage the schools PTO. I get the feeling they do not want parents involved with the school . As I said before this is my childrens first year there and it will be the last. I have two straight A's students and I want them to continue to get a proper education.

Posted January 10, 2004
This school is the best school I had in my life. I thank you the teachers that did everything to teach me. Those teachers are Ms.Medina, Ms.Reid,and Ms. Watts.

3081 Northwest 39th Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33309
Last modified Oriole Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.