Posted October 22, 2014
Impressed with the STEM program...teaching in a way to make our kids marketable in the future.

Posted September 30, 2014
Our family has been at St. Mark's for over 6 years and have had a great experience. Our family likes being a part of a school that has a strong sense of community and helps build a strong foundation for our child. We know SMES has a fine curriculum that will prepare our child for the high school of his choice. The school is constantly improving and school spirit is at an all time high. If you are looking for an education for a well-rounded, happy child- check SMES out. You won't be disappointed.

St. Mark's Episcopal School 1

Posted September 17, 2014
Check the enrollment numbers...consistently down each year for the past eight years ...this should tell you a lot! This was once a wonderful school with enrollment over 600 and that did not include the day care they are running now...Teachers do what they are told so as not to lose any more students...Check other schools before making a dreadful mistake and settling on this one!

Posted June 22, 2014
Great fun feeling on campus, lots of extra curricular and sports, but inconsistent and confusing communication from administration; some concerns about staff turnover, but overall a good well rounded education

St. Mark's Episcopal School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
I have been going to Saint Marks for 9 years and I currently go there now. I loved it here until about seventh grade, but I don't blame the school. Most kids my age hate their own school and want to switch. SMES used to be a loving, learning environment that accepted people from all over. The teacher were fabulous and I never had problems with any of them, but now I dislike almost 90% of my current teachers. The only classes I have learned anything in this year are geometry and Spanish. Many of the newer teachers are incompetent and unable to handle the kids. Some of the reviews say things like we experiment with each other and drink. Well some of us do, but I think that reflects more on the supervision at home than at school. I think it truly is sad that this school isn't as good as it used to be, but it isn't bad and with the right kids and maybe some new staff it would be an excellent place to send your kid or kids for their grade school experience.

Posted September 09, 2013
St. Mark's is the best place I've ever had the pleasure to work. Our students are amazing. They truly love learning and love their school. They are hard-working and kind to others. Our parents give countless hours of their time to support the school so we can provide the very best education for their children. They are involved in the education of their children and show it through their efforts. The administration support the teachers so they can do their primary job which is educating the children. No school is perfect, but St. Mark's strives to do the very best for the students. Above all,, St. Mark's is a community. Parents, teachers, and administrators work together to instill Christian values while also providing a rock-solid educational foundation. Students go on to the top high schools in Ft. Lauderdale, and then the top colleges in the country. High schools consistently tell parents, teachers, and administrators how well-rounded and prepared for high school St. Mark's students are. St. Mark's is a great place to work, and a great place to send your child.

Posted September 05, 2013
St. Mark's sure seems to ignite passion. For my child, it's a joy and love of learning. We transferred from another local preschool and it's a completely different experience at St. Mark's. She wakes up and is eager to go to school and comes home happy. For us, that's what it's about--a happy child, engaged and learning.

St. Mark's Episcopal School 1

Posted August 27, 2013
I would NOT recommend this school. There is no leadership, supervision or adequate education. What takes place during the school day will absolutely shock you. During pick-up children are punching, kicking or slapping each other on the head. The language is so inappropriate. Kids in the middle school are already drinking alcohol and experimenting. When a new family visits, the teachers yell at the children to shut up. Detentions are handed out like it is Halloween. It is obvious that the only positive reviews for this school are written by parents who teach at the school or the administrative personnel themselves. I have read all the reviews 1 and below and agree with what these families have written. After 5 years and $130,000.00 later our children are in an appropriate school environment with several other families who have left this disorganized, unstable environment with no supervision. It is the worst example of a micro management system I have ever seen where no one takes responsibility. Don't think you are entering a true Episcopal school with Christian values because you are not.

Posted August 16, 2013
I have two very different children attending this school and they both thrive there. The small class size allows for differentiated learning. It is very loving environment and has a wonderful sense of community. I feel grateful for all of the staff and administrators and quality of teachers. My children have so many opportunities at the school from sports to volunteerism. It is a wonderful Christian environment.

Posted August 12, 2013
St. Mark s is a great school and so are the students and families. They have very involved parents and many are also involved in the community organizations in Fort Lauderdale. The students are polite, smart and very talented. I would venture to say that if you are thinking of St. Mark s for your school of choice you are making the right decision. They offer an outstanding academic program, a wide variety of sports and have always been well known for their music and theater programs. Students are involved in community service and receive a strong religious foundation. They excel in high school and college. I am proud to say that I know many St. Mark s graduates in Fort Lauderdale and they are outstanding people of high integrity and good moral fiber.

St. Mark's Episcopal School
1750 East Oakland Park Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33334
Last modified St. Mark's Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Mark's Episcopal School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top