Posted October 22, 2014
This school is great!!! Awesome teachers and staff. They made my daughters' feel welcomed as new students. Love the small class sizes and the personal attention.

Posted September 02, 2014
My children attended SOC and now are in a prestigious high school... They had an awesome education and the teachers are very qualifified, I just can't understand why anyone would think differently. This little school that is now completely remodeled is one of the best kept secrets in ft laud. Still has under 15 students per classroom. And the safest environment also.

Posted August 20, 2014
My daughter attended school here from preschool up and we couldn't be happier with the education she received. She is now attending a great high school with all honors courses. There was a transition phase with administration but they've kept the family atmosphere here. We got the chance to interact with the principal everyday at drop off and pick up and he is very involved with the students. We couldn't have asked for a better Christian environment for our daughter.

Posted August 20, 2014
SOC was a blessing to our family. Our daughter is very shy and intelligent. Because of the small size classes our daughter grew in her confidence and soared in all aspects of her schooling. She was able to participate in sports and join in groups and school activities. She is now attending one of the top Christian H.S. and we are very pleased with her academic outcome. We miss SOC everyday, it has become our second family. I highly recommend SOC to anyone looking for a great education as well as social growth. If you are looking for a very big school with extremely competitive sports this may not be the school for you. SOC is competitive in their own right and allows all children to have the opportunity to compete both academically as well as in sports. We cannot say enough about SOC the teachers are available at any time. It is truly a loving beautiful school.

Shepherd Of The Coast 2

Posted June 25, 2014
The school is beautiful, but it's standards are very low. The children are combined in classes, but they share a curriculum, for instance a 6th grader may be using 5th grade books one year because they alternate text books each year. The teachers are not qualified, 1 teacher's previous experience was just homeschooling her children. Some teachers didn't even have their teaching certificates. I'm surprised this school is still open, and it's a shame that the administration doesn't try to improve the school since it has been renovated recently. My child was only there one year, and only learned how to spell, and Bible stories.

Shepherd Of The Coast 1

Posted May 19, 2014
Horrible! My child learned hardly anything at this school. The administration doesn't care to hear about any concerns you may have as a parent and the curriculum is not teaching the children. The tuition is low compared to other private schools...but I guess you get what you pay for because the children are not learning at grade level and the administration just doesn't want to be bothered if you express concerns about your child academically.

Posted January 04, 2014
Without a doubt, Shepherd of the Coast is a great secret within Ft Lauderdale. The early childhood education center is phenomenal. The teachers are wonderful, loving and the focus is on education. The children learn so much more than abc's and 123s, rather they focus on the whole child. My daughter now attends kindergarten with Mrs Gorwood and I could not be more happy. The class is very small which means a great deal of one on one time. Spanish, music, library, PE, computer class, etc keeps my girl busy and challenged throughout the day. She wakes up excited about school. She tells me everyday how much she loves her teachers. She has made amazing progress thus far in her first year. She even comes home so excited to sing new songs to me in English, Spanish and in sign language. Not only are the teachers dedicated, the new principle is wonderful. Firm yet very loving. He cares so much for the school that I see him working outside helping with the development projects. The school is small enough so that even the 8th graders and other teachers know my daughter personally. The school is truly a community focused on the development of our children.

Posted May 27, 2013
Shepherd of the Coast is a wonderful place! My two sons attend school here (1st grade and pre-K3) and I have never been happier with what they are learning and the care they are getting. I have never heard a complaint from either one and I know they both love the school and teachers. The teachers and staff are fantastic; they listen to concerns and ideas, are extremely helpful in any way, and most importantly to me, are just so caring with my sons. The curriculum is very well put together and I am looking forward to the new blended learning system with chrome books. I have been so impressed with this school that we (my family) became church members here and have tried to be involved as much as we can with school events. I can't express how happy I am everyday knowing that my boys are here at this school. It is peace of mind and so much more!

Posted January 15, 2013
I once heard Shepherd of the Coast referred to as a hidden gem and I honestly don't believe that there is a better description for the school or it's staff. I have two children who attend Shepherd of the Coast (one in the pre-school and one in grade school) and I am amazed everyday at the new and exciting things that they are learning. More important than just the structured curriculum is the feeling of being with your family while you are there. It is a small school with small class sizes but it is full of big hearts and knowledgeable staff who put their heart and soul into their children. If you are looking for a school with a strong curriculum, positive environment, and will properly prepare your child for a higher education then Shepherd of the Coast is your place. I would never give up this wonderful school; do yourself a favor and check it out for yourself!

Posted December 09, 2012
We love this school. I have two children there and they are very happy. They get the attention that they need with the small class sizes. They get extra curricular activities that they would not get at other schools. It is also not over priced like some private schools. We have a new gymnasium and the school has been totally remodeled.

Shepherd Of The Coast