Fort Lauderdale Christian School

Private | PK-12

Living in Fort Lauderdale

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $69,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,110.

Sweep tile

Posted July 18, 2012

On August 2011, Fort Lauderdale Christian School merged with Calvary Christian Academy (CCA), becoming CCA's West campus. CCA is the largest protestant Pre-K - 12 grade Christian school in the nation. As a teacher and staff member, and most importantly, a CCA parent, I am blessed to be part of this incredible school. The school's mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ and that is not just a catchy phrase we like to place on our printed and other visual materials, it is the truth, because that's exactly what we do: in the classrooms, in the courts and fields, and on the stage. But don't take my, or the school's, word for it. Check it out for yourself. Go to www.ccaeagles.org and browse the site, then make an appointment to see it for yourself. Talk to the staff, students, admin, and other CCA parents. And then, pray about where the Lord God wants your children to be. If He wants you to be part of the CCA community, He will let you know. He did that for me almost 10 years ago and I am forever thankful for His guidance in one of the most important decisions a Christian parent could ever make.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 26, 2010

Small class sizes. Hardworking teachers. Students are far more friendly than staff members. They unfortunately have made too many cuts due to financial problems.

Posted March 7, 2010

I just left that school but I loved it! I had a family there and everyone was nice! They are having some difficulties though.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 13, 2008

The school lacks self controls of their students and it is not a good influence on students both academicaly and spiritually. I attended their and had some very bad enfluences with the staff and how they disipline thier students and also how they treat their students. So i would not recoment thie highschool

Posted September 14, 2007

This is 6th year for my daughter at FLCS and 4th year for my son. The staff and faculty are exceptional. They all care about the children and provide a very positive learning environment with strong academic and extracurricular program. I love this school and so do my children.

Posted August 13, 2007

I am not a parent, but a student that attended FLCS from K-12. Upon entering college I realized just how good FLCS was to me... I grew up enjoying art, drama, music, and sports thanks to this school. This school welcomed me like family, and because of that, I was able to make friends in fellow students and also teachers that are now like my extended family. Thanks FLCS! I always look forward to coming back and visiting - knowing you'll always be there is a great comfort!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted January 9, 2007

Children have been in this school for several years. Very happy; learning above average. Great sports and art dept. Teachers on top of things. Very Christian atmosphere. Nice families. Highly recommend!

Posted January 4, 2006

Both of my children go to FLCS. It is a small school with a low student to teacher ratio. The techers are exceptional and are willing to go out of their way to accomodate special needs of individual students. Additional information can be found at the school's website: http://www.flcs.org/index.html. My kids love their school and their teachers.

Posted August 24, 2005

My son is 3 yrs old and will be 4 in late August. He is in Pre-K and I am not at all impresed w/ this school. My son is the youngest in the class, never been in a school setting and speaks 2 languages. He dosen't understand the process of what school is all about yet and Ft. Laud. Christian has not giving him the time to get aclamated yet. I received a call from the teacher on the second day of school about my child's 'behavior' and schedule a confrense! I was told that he is disrupted and disobediant. I explained he is 3 and never has been in a day care or school setting - they told me that is only an excuse and I souldn't look at those things! Remember 2nd day of school. 4th day of school - I started looking for another school!

Posted August 8, 2005

I have three children that attend Ft. Lauderdale Christian and we have had only excellent experiences. Everyone has been helpful and concerned about my childrens' education.

Posted August 5, 2005

Great academic program very afforbale fees

Posted February 14, 2005

Although our child had an excellence experience with one teacher. We have pulled out child out of the school for 2 major reasons: 1) student bullying is a major problem. Children attending the school has concluded 'this is just how children treat each other.' This is not an issue with just one child - multiple children have been bullied and when it is brought to the attention of administration, nothing is done. We are not alone in pulling our child out of this school - we know of other parents who encountered the same problem and withdrew their children. These children are now happy in public schools where bullying is not tolerated. We only have to recall the Columbine incident to realize the seriousness of tolerating student bullying and not putting a stop to it. 2) teachers do not have to meet the same academic standards/certification as in the public schools.

Posted July 25, 2004

I was a student at FLCS for Three years. It is a strong school with a good Christian stucture. They allowed you to have your opion on the bible as well as helping grow in God's word. Not only that, you recieve an excellent education. If I had not moved out of Ft Lauderdale I would still be attending today. I am very proud to say I was a student at FLCS. -Amanda S.
—Submitted by a former student

Two or more races 2% N/A
Asian 1% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Calvinist
Associations
  • FCCAP
Fax number
  • (954) 977-2681

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6330 NW 31st Ave