Fort Lauderdale, FL

Posted May 07, 2014
Pine Crest School provides rigorous college preparation that promotes the student's sense of personal integrity and values. I have four children currently attending Pine Crest School and can honestly say that they have each been inspired academically, socially, aesthetically and even athletically.

Pine Crest School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
Glad to see all the negative reviews are OLD!!! New admin, new buildings, new attitude. We are a budgeted family. Yes there are some botox snobs but thank goodness once their child hits a nerve, they are out. The academics are changing and to be honest is losing some of it's pushy robot style teaching. Bummer because some kids need a good no frills education to keep them on par to other countries. Yes lots of kids drive better cars than teachers but the teachers have the red pen to make or break them!!!!! Money is ONE of the top priorities but just remember, Huizinga grandkids got kicked out for not keeping up. in 2013, they want well rounded wealthy families. If you don't have the wealth, raise a well adjusted kid at home, not at the school. My child got in a little tiff. I went to the school within 10 minutes and snatched that little worm up. They know I am broke but bright (enough to know that a collage scholarship is all my kid has. No buildings with our names on campus.....As for the rich snobs, if your child can be-friend 1 of them, then they have a great RICH friend from pre-K to LIFE!!!

Posted September 27, 2013
Fantastic school! Our first year and we are so impressed with the school. In PK alone the kids are learning at a K-1st grade level in comparison to other schools. I have yet to meet anyone snobby and I am very involved. I am not saying I will not but if you take any school you will come across snobs...

Posted September 08, 2013
Pine Crest School is a great school. The focus is on building a well rounded high achiever. I have two kids, one is in HS and the other is in MS in Boca. The kids love the school and I wouldn't consider any other school. As far as the parents are concerned, yes you have snobs and big shots, but once you get to know them they aren't too bad.

Posted August 08, 2013
I am the parent of two kids at Pine Crest School, one in middle school and one in the lower school. My wife and I do not belong to a country club or yacht club. We both work and have to save in order to afford the tuition for both our kids. The school is an absolutely wonderful school and a wonderful fit for our kids. The tuition is expensive, but for what we get in return it is a bargain. Our kids are challenged but not stressed. They are taught to be independent, critical thinkers. The rigurous curriculum is enriched with art, music and athletic programs that are varied and welcoming to all levels of expertise. The facuty is engaged, dynamic and very approachable. The adminsitration is superb and has a strong sense of what the school is as a whole, but it is also open to new ideas and ways of teaching the students. The facilities are amazing. It is not a school that will fit every student and if either one of our kids was struggling we would reconsider the school. But as long as they are blossoming as students and caring, creative individuals, we will continue to put that money aside every month.

Posted April 21, 2013
Pine Crest School is a wonderful academic institution in every way. Before my kids were accepted, I had heard all the rumors about robotic, competitive kids who would step over their mother to get ahead. It is not true. This school has a rigorous college preparatory schedule that many graduates say made their lives so wonderful in college, as college was not a shock. The multitude of clubs and activities offered are diverse and can truly set your child on target with a variety of interests from which to choose when determining a lifelong career. No school is perfect, but I will say this, we have gotten our money's worth and more. These kids are polite, respectful and know what hard work entails. I took 22 of them - ages 5 - 10 to the movies one night and heard not a peep out of any of them. They were wonderful! I am grateful to the faculty and administration for all they've been able to offer my children. The proof is in the college acceptances and the league into which these kids are placed regarding undergrad programs.

Posted July 29, 2012
Do not listen to these other reviews, as they are not correct. This school is absolutely amazing, and this is coming from a student. No, Pine Crest does not mold you into drones like other people say and no they are not out of touch with everybody else. I honestly believe that all of these students/parents do not understand what Pine Crest is about. They try to shape you into the best student possible, and they do it very well. Everybody has personality and are not clay soldiers, as many participate in different clubs/sports, making everybody different. Also, they do mold you into a great person. Many students here are extremely well behaved, which is very good for jobs later on. They mold you for the future, which some parents do not do. They are not absolutely controlling though. Teachers are usually hits but there are a couple of bad ones. Academics is challenging but that is what is expected from a COLLEGE PREPATORY SCHOOL. I am a student and am extremely pleased with school here. I am a very good athlete and student, and think Pine Crest is the best choice for somebody who wants to succeed very well in life. I would make a bigger review.

Posted July 05, 2012
The #2 best private school in the country according to Washinigto Post and we agree.

Posted December 25, 2011
I was a lifer at PC, attending the school for 14 years. From my earliest days there, the school has taught me to set my goals high in addition to the skills and confidence needed to achieve them. Critical thinking is stressed starting in lower school, and character education begins early on. PC builds mature, well-rounded individuals. In middle and upper school, the academics are rigorous and not for everyone. PC is a college preparatory school in the true sense of the term - they are not simply getting you into college, but preparing you to succeed in college and beyond. Attending a top tier college, I have seen many struggle with the workload and rigor; I have felt more than prepared for everything I have encountered in college as have my other friends from PC. Many teachers hold PhD degrees and/or taught at the college level, yet they choose to teach PC kids because they know the students here have the drive and curiosity to devote themselves to whatever the academic subject, fine art, or sport is. The sense of community at the school is my fondest memory - I have made lifetime friends with not only students but also faculty and administrators.

Pine Crest School 1

Posted November 18, 2011
I think this school is bad school why waste all your money on a school that does nothing for your child when you could go to Rickards Honors Academy. In the Honors Academy your child could earn lots and lots of credits for high school and college.

Pine Crest School