No rating

Christ Church School

Private | PK-5 | 265 students

Our school is best known for outstanding academics in a nurturing atmosphere.

Living in Fort Lauderdale

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $235,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,190.

Posted September 6, 2012

In picking a school for my daughter, I toured probably 10 + schools in the area. I talked to many parents, researched and we chose CCS. We could not be happier. The care, concern and advice you receive from the staff and teachers is amazing. The education is top notch and they continually strive to bring in the latest technology into the classrooms. They serve the whole child. It is such a great community of families that truly care and are very involved. I am sorry to see that another mom/reviewer didn't feel like she fit in. I haven't experienced this, but I think whatever group or community you are apart of there are always different groups of parents/people. You have to connect with the parents that are more your style. I don't think it is fair to rate the school a 1 star based on your personal social relationships. The teachers and staff are amazing. I would encourage any parent to tour and see for themselves.

Posted July 27, 2012

I really feel this needs to be said. Firstly, the education your child will receive at this school is great. It's the culture that is the problem, especially with the girls and moms. The girls have developed passive aggressive ways of picking on one another since the school has a good anti bullying policy. The mom's try to out do one another with the expensive trips and birthday parties. So if you were a cheerleader or captain of your football team, your family will fit in well and your kids will get a great education. If you weren't, your kids can get a great education somewhere else with more down to earth values.

Posted July 16, 2012

Christ Church School is such an amazing envirornment for our daughter. She is entering PK4 this coming year. The loving envirornment and advanced education is why we chose Christ Church for her to attend all the way to 5th grade. We have made such great friends with the family's who's children attend this wonderful school. All of the admistration staff as well as the teachers and teacher assistants take the time to say hello to the parents and students as they grace the hallways. In the hustle and bustle of our busy city it's a great place to go with your child to slow down a little bit. Many words describe our personal experiences here. This school will take your precious one as far as they want to go and then some. FRIENDLY -LOVING-WELCOMING-FUN-CARING-HELPING-GUIDING-PROFESSIONAL-UNDERSTANDING-QUALITY EDUCATION-FAMILY-CALMING

Posted October 9, 2010

Christ Church school is an excellent school because it serves the whole child: academically, mentally, socially, physically, spiritually, and through the arts. It is a school with high academic standards, up to date technological resources, excellent, caring teachers and administrative staff, and high parental interest and involvement.Finally, it allows children to learn and interact in a safe environment.

Posted May 10, 2010

My son attended Christ Church School from PK4 to 5th grade. He still remembers his days there fondly and loves to come back to volunteer at the school. It prepared him very well for middle school and I can not thank the Christ Church School community enough! Thank you teachers!

Posted April 22, 2010

This is our first year at CCS. After researching most of the surrounding schools, our family felt that this school would provide a warm, nurturing, academically challenging and socially & emotionally safe environment for our child. This has far exceeded our expectations. The CCS Principal, teachers, staff and families go above and beyond...we even had a home visit. The extracurricular activities are great...I would like to see them more frequently during the week.

Posted April 22, 2010

Because of Christ Church School, my child has grown in spirit, mind and confidence. The staff, academics and loving & nurturing envorinment cannot be surpassed! We love CCS!

Posted April 20, 2010

This is my third year at CCS. I have two children at the school. I can truly say that there is something about the school that truly cannot be explained. it is a loving, safe environment. My children are challenged, but not stressed. The teachers are like no other! The principal is amazing. She is modern, calm and innovative. CCS grows with the times, but maintains the good old fashioned environment with manners and love.

Posted April 20, 2010

EXCELLENT! EXCELLENT! EXCELLENT! I cannot give enough accolades to this wonderful school! The teachers, principal, and administration are world class. The technology that is incorporated into the classes is cutting edge. The friendships your family will make are lifelong. Christ Church School will make an imprint on your heart, I guarantee it.

Posted April 19, 2010

There is no way to do justice to CCS in this review, I could write a book! My children have attended CCS from PK4 until 5th grade and I could not be happier with the education they have received. The curriculum is challenging, the teachers are incredible and the parents really work well together to run PTO and annual fundraisers with amazing sucess. The technology at CCS is incredible with whiteboards in every classroom and on-going teacher education. The Christian learning and spiritual foundation CCS provides is for life. The friends my children have made are for life, and the transition to middle school is very smooth. CCS students are stand-outs and wanted by every local private middle school, including Pinecrest. CCS is the best private school in Fort Lauderdale for elementary-aged children.

Posted April 18, 2010

This school is perfect in every way. I could not possibly do it justice in this review. The teachers, students, academics, warm loving environment, Christian education...everything is superior! There is such a joyful feeling everywhere you go. Having moved over to this school for Kindergarten, I was overwhelmed by the welcoming environment presented to our entire family! I feel anyone not at this school is missing out on what is a gem! Praise God for CCS!

Posted April 16, 2010

This is our first year at CCS and we have absolutley fallen in love with the staff and the school itself. We have enrolled for next year and can't wait to see whats instore!!!!

Posted April 15, 2010

This is my 12th and final year at CCS. I am confident that my youngest will have as smooth a transition to middle school as my older daughter did. The children graduate from CCS academically prepared, and spiritually ready to enter middle school. I will miss the wonderful staff and faculty and involved parents CCS is truly a gem!

Posted April 15, 2010

The best private school in area for pk-5. The teachers make this school above average on every level of education.

Posted April 14, 2010

I have been at CCS for 9 years and it is an incredible school. Academically it would compare to Pinecrest (at 1/2 the cost) where many of the kids transition beautifully to for middle school. Incredible amount of technology and amazing, caring teachers. It is a very warm environment that includes parents in all aspects. My kids who have gone to other middles schools have all been on Dean's list. The kid's from CCS are almost always at the top of their new schools. An amazing place..

Posted April 14, 2010

Our son 'graduated' from church preschool at another school and it was on to kindergarten! After thoroughly reviewing/touring all of the Broward County public and private options, we chose Christ Church School because we wished our son to be educated in a Christian environment. After kindergarten started, we quickly became disillusioned and chose to move our son to a new school for the first grade. The teachers were okay, and the curriculum is okay, but the petty parent cliques are disgusting. If your child has not attended this school since the very earliest preschool age, the parents are not friendly and accepting of new people. We felt excluded by the other parents although we tried to participate in the school life. Unfortunately the cold reception from the parents rubbed off on our child in the form of being excluded from after school activities, play dates, birthday parties, etc.

Posted April 13, 2010

Teachers at CCS are supported by both parents and administration and are given any and all tools to ensure classrooms are well equipped, well managed, and create an amazing environment for learning. With many years of experience and multiple degrees and certifications, teachers are capable of meeting a variety of learning styles while infusing technology into much of what is done. CCS is truly a special place for everyone who is a part of our school community!!!

Posted April 13, 2010

I have been associated with CCS since 1979 when my own son attended from third grade till graduation in fifth grade. I began working for CCS as a teacher assistant and as a result, rekindled my love of teaching and inspired me to go on to finish my education. I have been blessed to teach PK4 for many years here. My joy was to be able to see my own grandson enjoy the education here.The parent and faculty support is amazing and I am thankful to be a part of this wonderful school. The pastors at Christ Church provide encouragement and inspiration for all of our closeknit community. God's love is present for children and adults alike and strengthens us as a body. CCS has been described to me as ' a hidden jewel in the midst of the city of Ft. Lauderdale, FL.' I agree.

Posted April 13, 2010

CCS is, hands down, the best place for children to learn and grow. I have 2 children currently attending CCS and my husband and I could not be happier. We are so grateful to be a part of the CCS community!

Posted April 13, 2010

As a kindergarten teacher at CCS for over 20 years of my 30 year career and the grandparent of a second grader, I am most impressed by the character based education which leads to a spiritual foundation for life. The progressive and forward thinking administrative leadership consistently produces academic excellence in a creative and cooperative learning environment. Christ Church School has a family friendly environment where parents, teachers and administration all work together to shape the whole child.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Music teacher(s)
Math specialist(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Gifted specialist(s)
Computer specialist(s)
PE instructor(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • Computer lab
  • Science lab

Arts & music

• Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

• Gifted / high performing
  • Gifted specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:30 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school: ends at 5:30 p.m.
  • Tane Bonham
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Methodist
Fax number
  • (954) 776-4553

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Gifted / high performing
  • Project-based
  • STEM
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Volunteer in the classroom