Fort Lauderdale, FL

Posted February 12, 2015
The school prides itself on Christian values and in my initial tour I was impressed. The teachers seemed kind and had been at the school for many years. But, it soon became apparent that WA does not value diversity or independent thinking. They are looking to fill the school with students that fit a certain criteria (VERY christian/religious, do not question authority, and are easy to educate... no special educational needs). If your child does not fit that, then it would be worthwhile to look for a place where the child's individuality is welcomed and celebrated.

Posted October 05, 2014
this school is awesome i am happy i went here this is a school the teachers care about you and help you to achieve i am in 8th grade and they love you and care for you

Posted September 19, 2014
Best school ever. At least for my son. So blessed to have him at this wonderful school with a great staff and many other wonderful kids.

Posted September 02, 2014
Our son is in the Pre-K2 class and has also done the Mommy's Day out and the Summer Camp prior to the school year starting. We could not be happier with our experience so far and would highly recommend the school to anyone based on our 1 year+ relationship with the school.

Posted August 18, 2014
Horrible place. I went to this school for 3 years... bullying was out of control and the some same people who called themselves Christians were the very SOURCE of hatred. Do yourself and your children a favor and stay away from this school.

Westminster Academy 2

Posted August 16, 2014
In a short summary, this school is NOT all that it's cracked up to be... Westminster is still living off its once great reputation, however they are losing it fast. The quality of the teachers is just not what it used to be and the high turnover is not helping them either. They also have a BIG problem with drugs which they are aware of but rarely do anything about it. It is probably the reason why most of their teachers left. Both my son and daughter graduated from this school a few years ago and we saw it going downhill. A lot has changed in the school over the last few years and it no longer felt like a christan envirnment. They should practice what they preach! I would not recommend it to new parents. So sad :(

Westminster Academy 3

Posted May 15, 2014
My interaction with the staff at WA was not very good. The High School principal came across as cold and indifferent. Thank God for his love and kindness!

Posted August 19, 2012
Our two daughters attend this school in preschool and Kindergarden and my husband and I couldn't be happier with our decision to send them here. The quality of the teachers, office administration and other staff is top notch. The classrooms have all the latest technology including Apple computers for the students to use and an online potal which allows parents to log-in to view their child's homework, attendance, calendars and more. The other families and their children that attend school here are very welcoming and polite and the parent involvement is very high which is wonderful. There are a lot of school events throughout the year and so many extra activities are offered including ballet, piano lessons, swimming, painting and much more. The curriculum is college preparatory based while honoring Christ and educating the students about the bible and their faith. Our children are so happy here and we can't wait for our one year old to start in a few years as well!

Posted August 08, 2012
I love and am committed to Christian education. My personal experience with Westminster Academy causes me to wonder if it merits the high ratings others have given it here. I was offered a job here on Aug 1. I accepted the position two days later on the 3rd. On the 6th they notified me that they were rescinding the offer and hiring someone local instead. (I live in Maryland.) My interaction with the school began in June and included emails, a phone interview, and a skype interview. They had promised to make a decision by a date in mid July. They postponed their decision several weeks, until finally offering me the position on 8/1. After I accepted their offer, I immediately began looking for a place to stay in Florida, pricing moving options, buying packing supplies, and packing my things in an effort to be there quickly and before their 8/14 start date. Then the news of the 6th arrived. Naturally I complained but did not expect it to do any good. I have sent receipts for the $103 I spent on moving supplies in reliance upon their word, but have been ignored. This is how this "Christian" school treats people in this economy. This is the example they set.

Posted November 07, 2011
When looking for a preschool for our 2 yr old, I had extremely high standards and put in hours of research. My choices came down to WA and another private elementary school close by. When I called both schools, the reception I received from the staff at WA was very welcoming and impressive. We did the tour of the school and were further impressed by not only the facilities and activities, but the genuine love and sense of family shared by staff and students. So far, we are very happy with our choice and expect to continue to be so. The school culture encourages a love for Christ ( which I was looking for) but is strong on academics (which my husband was looking for), so I recommend WA wholeheartedly to anyone seeking the perfect blend of experiences for their child and an environment where they can thrive and grow.

Westminster Academy