Charter School Of Excellence

Charter | K-5 | 272 students

Posted August 15, 2005

CSE is a school where the children come first. Each child is encouraged to do their personal best. The teachers are very accessible and seem to be highly skilled and work hard to bring out the best in each child. The principal is kind and knows each child by name. The entire staff is very devoted and makes you feel like one of the family.

Posted May 18, 2005

My daughter is just finishing her first year at the CSoE. We enrolled her based on the recommendation of several families we know. The school's small size allows the staff to really form personal relationships with each student. The principal is wonderful and takes the time to know each of the students and parents. This personal approach really carries over into the classroom because each child feels like they matter and aren't just a number. The teachers are all top quality, wonderful professionals. The curriculum is well-rounded and no students are left behind. I could have never imagined the reading and writing skills my daughter was able to learn in the first year. Also, the afterschool enrichment and care programs are terrific. They make sure the children get their homework done and receive any extra help they need so that you have more time at home as a family at night.

Posted May 17, 2005

CSE has been a very positive experience for both myself and my daughter. My daughter is completing kindergarten in a couple of weeks and I cannot believe the progress she has made this year. The academic programs, combined with the personal attention and strict discipline from the teachers and staff, come together to form an extremely successful educational program. Participation in the many extracurricular activities and programs offered is highly encouraged. The only 'complaint' I have is the low level of parent involvement; but that is not a result of the lack of opportunity for parent involvement offered by CSE. If you take advantage of the lines of communication open to you, you will get the information. It has been my experience that the principal and teachers are accessible and responsive to any of my concerns and questions.

Posted February 24, 2005

Outstanding! Exceptional teachers and academic structure. I believe that it would be hard to find a school comparable.

Posted February 11, 2005

CSE is a safe school with exceptional teachers. The principal, Mrs. Schneiderman is really involved and has an open door policy which is wonderful. I will send all of my children there and recommend it to everyone I know.

Posted February 11, 2005

I am thrilled with the education my daughter is receiving at The Charter School of Excellence. I know that the principal is always there to support academic programs and safety in the school. Mrs. Schneiderman has helped me a lot to get my child on track. I also love the Core Knowledge Curriculum.

Posted September 16, 2004

My daughter has just started at The Charter School of Excellence in Kindergarten. I researched the school for 2 years prior to her being accepted. I am confident that I made the right choice. Her teacher is exceptional and she communicates with us with our daughters academic achievements and behaviour. We are excited at the Cirruculum that the school is offering. The front office staff are very proffessional and I am impressed with the Principal. I also applaude their security system and the Security Guards are great! If you looking for a school for your child look no further than the Charter School of Excellence.

Posted June 11, 2004

I have 2 children. One is currently attending this school and doing fantastic. She is doing the same work as her neighborhood peers who are two grades ahead of her. My other daughter finished fifth grade at the Charter School and entered a traditional public school magnet/honors program. For the last two years she has made major accopmlishments. She has placed in the social studies fair two years in a row, been inducted into the national junior honor society, remained on the honor roll and won first place in the county level at the media festival. She also received her 9th grade Algebra credit in 7th grade. I truly believe The Charter School of Excellence has given both of my children the foundation in education needed to succeed in life. The teachers and staff are always willing to provide a little extra to keep the students challenged.

Posted June 4, 2004

The school provides a nurturing environment conducive to learning. The principal is always visible and involved. I am very happy at CSE and would recomment it to anyone.

Posted April 16, 2004

pulled my son out of this school due to overcrowded classroom-teacher was totally overwhelmed by situation and and handled it poorly--I also feel that as much as they talk about academics I feel compared to his new school CSOE was teaching below grade level-I'm still puzzled how this is an 'A' rated school-my son loves his new school and CSOE has just become a bad memory

Posted March 15, 2004

The

Posted March 15, 2004

The physical facilities in the school are not impressive, but the teaching and administrative staff, the academic curricula, the code of conduct, the character education, the student discipline, and the fine arts program, are all exceptional. The safe, small school environment (only 300 students) means that all the children know each other s names and hold each other to high personal accountability standards like a close knit MicroSociety. My children have had the rare experience of being in the racial minority at the school as they are Caucasian. This experience has been a marvelous gift that has taught them to focus on the similarities and common ground they have with others before they ever see any differences. It is one of many great lessons my children have learned at the school that I believe will serve them well through the rest of their lives. By the way . . . each of my children tested more than a year above grade level on their FCATs--further proof to me that they are getting a great education at this school!

Posted February 2, 2004

One of our sons has been attending the Charter School of Excellence for two years, and the help and encouragement he has received there has been exceptional. Coming from a small private school it was particularly important to us to find a school in the area that would give him the attention he needed, quite a frustrating task until a friend referred us to CSE, where her daughter now attends as well. The school was quick to act on the concerns we expressed regarding our son s speech and hearing and got him tested and into the correct program, a refreshing change. The teachers and entire staff have been wonderful in keeping us up to date of our Son s progress and concerns, and have consistently shown a commitment to student wellbeing not only academically but from a social and developmental angle as well. Our son is doing very well thanks to CSE!

Posted August 26, 2003

This school had very low parent participation although it required volunteer hours for your child to continue enrollment. The teachers and staff are excellent; however the president of the school was the origin in many conflicts that resulted in the high overturn of teaching staff. This problem has been consistent during the three years that my children have attended this school. .

Posted June 18, 2003

It was a stressful year for us all I believe. However, my daughter's school Principal was on military duty, and the Assistant Prinicpal and the Advisory Board members were the managers on duty. My daughter had a first year teacher, who lost her Teacher Assistant early in the term, and seemed to be overwhelmed by the class schedules. Although my child was evaluated for the gifted program, the ESE staff changed and it was toward the end of the year before could review the IEP in place. We were also receiving services for hearing, and I rate the school highest for following through with in-service training and maintenance of the FM system. There were many new programs introduced that the students were excited about and anxious to participate in. The Parents were very active and instrumental in all fund raising programs. This school does not have a playing field, so there was a field day planned at one of the county parks (first time) which everyone enjoyed. This school has an excellent fine arts teacher, the chorus which my daughter has been in for the past two years, produced a CD and a video this year. They performed at the annual Black Tie event, and performed for the parents and students. We had problems with conflicting grades between test scores and class work. We saw a lot of fluctuation between A and C grades, which required many conferences. The first year teacher had not received our IEP until mid-term, and was involved in the last conference in May. We are looking forward to completing our last year. We are also on the waiting list for other Charter Schools, Elemntary and Middle, and with the eligibility for Choice Schools, we are considering private religious schools. My husband and I feel that the moral and spiritual development of our child is as critical during these times as her academic achievements. 'She loves her school!'

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

46 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

47 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

44 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

44 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

45 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

45 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

• MS. LISA CASTRO
Fax number
  • (954) 522-3159

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now