Public charter
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Posted October 17, 2013
This school is amazing. my kids are getting great education the security is great. all the students are protected in school grounds. they have great teachers who are willing to help the students succeed.

Posted September 16, 2013
Is the first year of my daughter going to charter school and so far my daughter love's it and I her teacher she's so good with her and thats very important also the principal and all the teachers.

Posted April 21, 2012
FORT LAUDERDALE DOWNTOWN CAMPUS - I first must preface that as a parent, I strongly feel that if one doesn't involve one's self regularly and consistently with one's child's teachers, principal and support staff, one shouldn't expect much from ANY school one's child attends. That said, I know by name almost every adult in the school my child is in contact with. My husband and I visit and volunteer over and above what is required by the school. The school has worked with my child, addressing my child's educational and behavioral issues very seriously and positively. Like any school, they sometimes are extremely busy, short-handed, short on supplies, overwhelmed by the FCAT prep/logistics/testing, addressing other concerned parents, juggling school events, etc. but even when I DON'T press, they continue to follow through for my child. The principal is very knowledgeable, wise and discerning when it comes to her school and her teachers. They work hard to be an A+ school overall, and they have done a fantastic team effort with my child and in addressing my concerns for my child as a parent.

Posted March 10, 2011
My daughter started Kindergarten, so far I am very satisfied. My daughter has learned alot in addition to my wife and i reinforcing the lesson that my daughter learn in school. For those you are inquirig about middle school, Somerset Academy, an excellent charter school has a middle school and will give registration preference to children who are are leaving Charter School of Excellence to go into middle school. In addition, Florida Bible, has just annouced its has shut its door to after 34 years of private schooling due to budget constrait. Somerset will now be taking over the school.

Charter School Of Excellence 1

Posted March 03, 2011
This school is horrible they don't know-how to deal with over active or head strong kids they suspend and report parents to DCF because they don't have programs in place to handle kids with ADD or whatever. I wouldn't recommend this school to my worst enemy the principal is not polite and very unprofessional.

Posted January 09, 2011
My son goes to Davie campus he just started this year. The pricipal Mr. Mishkin is great, wonderfull, & careing. He takes care of problems right away, He gets along with the kids great, He cares about the kids & whats going on. Mr. Mishkin is a really good principal. Most of the teachers are good, there are some that are to be disired. My son likes the school & most the people at the campus. My MAJOR CONCERN IS WERE ARE THE MIDDLE SCHOOLS FOR THE CHARTER SCHOOLS OF EXCELLENCE?

Posted June 08, 2010
My son attends Tamarac Campus. Excellent ! Teacher and staff are great. My son is happy to attend the school , enjoys the class enviroment.

Charter School Of Excellence 0

Posted April 13, 2010
My son attends the Davie campus, this school does not have an auditorium, for parent to enjoy to see your childrens to receiving the reward/graulation ceremaonies. During cermonies you have to stand up til it's all over plus you can not hear what they are saying because of the noise levels!!!!! And also they do'nt have a library room, or music room (instruments for kids to learn music note.) The principal Ms.Guiliano does not have very good behaviour towards to the children. two thumbs down to the principal!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( my two sons are going to enroll to another school this fall 2010-2011!!!!!!!!! Highy not recommend this school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted March 12, 2010

Posted March 08, 2010
My son attends the Davie Campus. the Teachers and staff are wonderful. Especially the teachers, they are caring and despite the system they have to work within, they try to individualize the instruction. My son loves his new school. We are looking forward to having his sister join him this year. My complaint would be with the current principal. She is aloof and not particularly helpful in solving problems or interacting with children. While the children all knew and liked Ms. Nessl and the previous principal (sorry , can't remember her name), they are afraid of Ms. Guiliano and will say ' I don't think she likes me'. this is simply because of her attitude and behaviour towards the children. I suggest you move her before the school gets a bad reputation or parents start moving their kids.

Charter School Of Excellence
1217 Southeast 3rd Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33316
Last modified Charter School Of Excellence is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charter School Of Excellence Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top