Public charter
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Posted February 15, 2015
My son (now 22) attended Charter School of Excellence from K - 5 back when the school was just getting going. We could tell at the time what a needed and necessary school it already was - and how it would only grow in performance results and standards. Impressed by the dedication of all the teachers, not just the ones who had my son in class, i observed as he and classmates excelled in scholastics. They also grew into happy and healthy kids in need of a truly challanging Middle School with very advanced classes. I have always been glad and relieved our kids have Charter School of Excellence in which they can get a start of such high standards on the path of their educational future. Now a granddaughter attends CSE and the principal, Ms. Castro, is still maintaining her high standards in acedemics and character growth. And as always it is imperative that parents and immediate family participate and volunteer-it is a big part of any child's, and any school's, success. Great elementary school,

Posted October 17, 2013
This school is amazing. my kids are getting great education the security is great. all the students are protected in school grounds. they have great teachers who are willing to help the students succeed.

Posted September 16, 2013
Is the first year of my daughter going to charter school and so far my daughter love's it and I her teacher she's so good with her and thats very important also the principal and all the teachers.

Posted April 21, 2012
FORT LAUDERDALE DOWNTOWN CAMPUS - I first must preface that as a parent, I strongly feel that if one doesn't involve one's self regularly and consistently with one's child's teachers, principal and support staff, one shouldn't expect much from ANY school one's child attends. That said, I know by name almost every adult in the school my child is in contact with. My husband and I visit and volunteer over and above what is required by the school. The school has worked with my child, addressing my child's educational and behavioral issues very seriously and positively. Like any school, they sometimes are extremely busy, short-handed, short on supplies, overwhelmed by the FCAT prep/logistics/testing, addressing other concerned parents, juggling school events, etc. but even when I DON'T press, they continue to follow through for my child. The principal is very knowledgeable, wise and discerning when it comes to her school and her teachers. They work hard to be an A+ school overall, and they have done a fantastic team effort with my child and in addressing my concerns for my child as a parent.

Posted March 10, 2011
My daughter started Kindergarten, so far I am very satisfied. My daughter has learned alot in addition to my wife and i reinforcing the lesson that my daughter learn in school. For those you are inquirig about middle school, Somerset Academy, an excellent charter school has a middle school and will give registration preference to children who are are leaving Charter School of Excellence to go into middle school. In addition, Florida Bible, has just annouced its has shut its door to after 34 years of private schooling due to budget constrait. Somerset will now be taking over the school.

Charter School Of Excellence 1

Posted March 03, 2011
This school is horrible they don't know-how to deal with over active or head strong kids they suspend and report parents to DCF because they don't have programs in place to handle kids with ADD or whatever. I wouldn't recommend this school to my worst enemy the principal is not polite and very unprofessional.

Charter School Of Excellence 4

Posted January 09, 2011
My son goes to Davie campus he just started this year. The pricipal Mr. Mishkin is great, wonderfull, & careing. He takes care of problems right away, He gets along with the kids great, He cares about the kids & whats going on. Mr. Mishkin is a really good principal. Most of the teachers are good, there are some that are to be disired. My son likes the school & most the people at the campus. My MAJOR CONCERN IS WERE ARE THE MIDDLE SCHOOLS FOR THE CHARTER SCHOOLS OF EXCELLENCE?

Charter School Of Excellence 4

Posted June 08, 2010
My son attends Tamarac Campus. Excellent ! Teacher and staff are great. My son is happy to attend the school , enjoys the class enviroment.

Charter School Of Excellence 0

Posted April 13, 2010
My son attends the Davie campus, this school does not have an auditorium, for parent to enjoy to see your childrens to receiving the reward/graulation ceremaonies. During cermonies you have to stand up til it's all over plus you can not hear what they are saying because of the noise levels!!!!! And also they do'nt have a library room, or music room (instruments for kids to learn music note.) The principal Ms.Guiliano does not have very good behaviour towards to the children. two thumbs down to the principal!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( my two sons are going to enroll to another school this fall 2010-2011!!!!!!!!! Highy not recommend this school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted March 12, 2010

Charter School Of Excellence
1217 Southeast 3rd Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33316
Last modified Charter School Of Excellence is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charter School Of Excellence Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top