Posted April 28, 2012
Arthur Ashe Middle School is grossly under rated. They have highly qualified administrators and teachers who go beyond and above daily, and who strive daily to ensure the students are academically sound and prepared for not only high school and college, but prepared to be model citizens in society and the community they reside in. A Parental Involvement Team is readily available to assist parents in being aware of what it takes for their child to achieve. But where are they? I'm sure when the parents/guardians get involved and join the teachers and administrators, students will understand the importance of leaning and Arthur Ashe will be a beacon in the community in which it serves, as well as in Broward County.

Arthur Robert Ashe Junior Middle School 1

Posted December 08, 2011
My neighbor's son (practically my Nephew) was overjoyed to learn he made the Arthur Ashe basketball team. He s been to every practice thus far but is disallowed to play in games by the purported excuse that there aren t enough jerseys. Last Tuesday he arrived home from school at the normal time (as opposed to being late after practice) despondent to inform me he was denied playing for the third time that evening. He has since chosen to leave the basketball team, to hopefully get to play in high school. You cannot imagine his despair. According to him, he and several others are disallowed to play because there are no jerseys for them to wear and they aren t allowed to share. Evidently only 15 or so jerseys exist for 20 or so players. This paradox supposedly leaves several kids unable to play in games. I find this absolutely unacceptable, and find myself more compelled to believe overt favoritism is involved instead. Back in the 80 s pre-collegiate coaches routinely showed favoritism leaving many kids out of games or off the team altogether. Having played basketball in High school the absence of jerseys is an excuse for blatant favoritism....

Posted March 22, 2010

Posted December 15, 2009

Posted October 01, 2009
Arthur Ashe now Magnet has administration, and staff always committed to help the parents. City Academy's teachers are very professional and respectful; as a parent of a four grader I feel fortunate to have my son in this program. God Bless you all.

Arthur Robert Ashe Junior Middle School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
Arthur Ashe has a whole NEW side to it CITY Academy, my daughter is a 4th grader in this program. As a new parent to this school I see a lot of great things. When my daughter was first invited to this program I was a little apprehensive because it was a new program and I did not know any of the staff. After investigating the school and staff I came to find they all had 1 thing in common the students educational welfare. This means a lot to myself and my daughter. The new oppertunities that she now has far out way my fears in sending her to a new school. She will be able to continue her education at this school until High School and at this time they still have plans to add in High School Levels so maybe she will stay with the same teachers and support staff for all her academics. I look forward to many years with these great students, teachers, and staff.

Posted June 08, 2009

Arthur Robert Ashe Junior Middle School 3

Posted March 26, 2009
I like going to aam. there's tight security. AAM is now a Magnet school. but some of the kids don't put themselves out there to succeed.

Posted October 22, 2008

Posted July 20, 2008

Arthur Robert Ashe Junior Middle School
1701 NW 23rd Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33311
Last modified Arthur Robert Ashe Junior Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arthur Robert Ashe Junior Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.