Fort Lauderdale, FL
Students enrolled: 1,284

Posted September 08, 2014
We absolutely love CCA! After homeschooling (and loving it) for 3 years we couldn't ignore what we were seeing at CCA and decided to give it a chance. We weren't disappointed! Our son made friends (which he had difficulty in doing while homeschooling), is excelling in his classes, and comes home with amazing insight into the Bible and God and Jesus. All three of our kids now call CCA their home. Trying to do pickup is an ordeal as our kids go through a gauntlet of hugs to get to my wife or myself. We love CCA and so do our kids!

Posted August 29, 2014
I am a Highschool Senior at this school right now, & I have been here since the 5th grade. I can 100% say that I am so thankful for this school & everything that it has taught me. For everyone writing bad reviews, you don't know what you're missing! I have gone through SO many hard breaks in friendships, relationships, etc. & I can say that I have gotten such great support from teachers, friends, & staff. In middle school, I hated how Christianity was "shoved down my throat," but that was only because I didn't love Jesus & I was extremely immature. God seriously changed my life the summer before freshman year, & that's when I realized how extremely blessed I am to be going to this school. Sure, not everyone is a Christian here, & maybe some people are "mean and horrible", but that will happen ANYWHERE you go to school! That's life, people. But there are SO many great kids at this school. We have so many great options here for so many different things. I may not agree with all of their "rules & regulations" but that doesn't change my view on this school. I have learned so much here! I can 100% say that after being here for 8 years that I recommend this school to anyone & everyone!

Posted August 15, 2014
I was here at CCA for my Middle School year. I left the school because of the lack of kindness the other students show in this school. Most of them are careless, ruthless, rude, and VERY selfish. I'm going to be homeschooled for my high school year. If you want to be popular in that school all you got to do is use crude humor... And your a big score... Other than that, students treat you like your another can in the dump... If your thinking about enrolling your child, do be wary that the kids in this school are probably some of the saddest excuse for christians I've seen.

Posted July 22, 2014
Wow...just wow. I went to my interview today at Calvary Christian Academy expecting there to be a hint of spiritual discussion, and a more intensive discussion about my teaching experiences and qualifications for a teaching opportunity. Instead--I was met and judged by a Pharisee claiming to be a "Christian", who decided early in the interview that I would not be able to be hired at their school due to my not being married, and that this is because their school is a "Covenant school" and not an "outreach school". How does not being married impact my capabilities as an educator?! This woman even said that they are the same way with parents looking to enroll their children there. WELL! These are not the kind of people I care to work for, nor do I want them to EVER educate ANY of my children in the future! Although I will thank her for praying before and after my interview, because God blessed me with the following passage about these prideful Christians called the Pharisees, of which this school is part! Matthew 23:13-36 says it all about this sorry excuse for a "Christian" school...if you want to call it that!

Posted June 06, 2014
Parents please prayerfully consider if this place is where you wish to send your children. The administration is incompetent as they try to move people around to find jobs for them. The teachers are not qualified to teach the upper level courses, especially at the AP level. The most disheartening aspect is the FAVORITISM given to members of the church and/or staffs children. It is evident in the fine arts, athletics and class preference. It doesn't matter if your child is extremely talented, they will not be selected. As to the biblical standards, how can a school founded by an adulterer , who is still being idolized by a majority of the church members, not be full of hyprocrisy??

Calvary Christian Academy 2

Posted January 18, 2014
I currently go to this school and I'm a junior and all the kids here are hypocrites like its been mentioned a couple times. I came here to go grow closer to God and do better in academics although the teachers only want to degrade and fail you if you are not good enough. I came here thinking that people were going to be friendly like Christians are supposed to be but no, they are heartless and inconsiderate. There are too many unfriendly people here and also new people are treated like trash. Lastly, this school teaches you to be closed minded and just like everyone else.

Posted January 07, 2014
I am a high school student at CCA, and have been attending the school since the 4th grade. It's AMAZING. Honestly, I could not even imagine a better school. The staff does an incredible job at making and keeping the experience Christ centered. It's a very positive and happy environment, the education is great, and you can do EVERYTHING extracurricular. Performing arts (fabulous program), sports (also amazing), engineering, photography, ceramics, outreaches, starting your own ministry, etc. They offer mission trip opportunities to Hungary, Mexico, Thailand, Bahamas, El Salvador and the U.K. It really is amazing, and the student body is great. Please do not allow some of the negative reviews to affect your decision on attending; the school is unbelievable and your child will fall in love with it. :)

Posted September 30, 2013
This school is fabulous and I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews and I'm shocked to even see complaints like this. My daughter has been going here for over a year and we love the teachers, administration and couldn't be happier with this school. My daughter has excelled in every aspect and her behavior is positive and loving! All the parents that I talk to are happy with the school as well and it's not true that this school is for rich snobs. Take a walk down the hallways, playground, gym, etc. and all you'll see is smiling happy faces!

Posted June 15, 2013
If you want your child to learn how to have a closed mind, send them here. If you want your child to be pressured to be someone they aren't, send them here. If you want your child to be judged and frowned upon for every "mistake" he or she makes send them here. This school is for rich snobs who think they are better than everyone else. I was bullied at this school from 9-12 grade just because I wanted to be myself and not like everyone else. This is a school where you CAN'T be different. The staff will reevaluate your spot at this school if you think differently and they will question your beliefs and morals as if they themselves are 100% correct and perfect. I made zero friends there because i was always pointed out as the differnt one when in reality i was the only sane person there. Its almost as extreme as If you go out past 12 am on a school night you are considered the devils assistant. You have to have the same opinion as everyone else there to be accepted and that is the worst thing we can teach our children.

Posted April 08, 2013
The administration here is a joke. Unfortunately, they have incompetent teachers promoted to principals and it is a recipe for disaster. Such is the case of the middle school principal; who lacks all the characteristics of a true Christian. His agenda is to bully parents whose children are somewhat struggling academically and refuses to accept any student that needs a little push in the academic area, regardless of his/her Christian walk. The school would truly benefit by replacing these people and place administrators that really care and portrait true Christian character. They must be an example. It is sad that this academy became the money seeking academy.

Calvary Christian Academy
2401 West Cypress Creek Road, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33309
Last modified Calvary Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Calvary Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top