PK-12|Private
1,284 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Calvary Chapel was our home church for a while until we've stopped attending. After graduating elementary school, my parents took a lot of time in looking for a middle school so that I may pursue my journey through education. We eventually settled with CCA where I was taught for my entire middle school year. Now, before I get to the troubling points, I figure it'd be best to point out the convenient qualities before the bad ones. CCA has a reputation for being a really popular school, and through my years of attendance, I can certainly see why. For one, the faculty and teachers are superb: they express perfect Christian character as well as love towards the students. CCA has a beautiful, gargantuan campus: the building's interior and exterior are quite opulent with modernized features, which is quite something you cannot miss. Due to its large campus, you would expect it have a lot, and indeed a lot does it have. CCA features a skate park, a restaurant where Juniors and Seniors eat their lunches, a HUGE theater, a park at one end of the campus, several chapels, etc. There are just too many things one can at this school! However, no school is perfect, and CCA certainly isn't an exception. CCA is a great school - that's what many sources would have you believe, but I, a survivor, am about to point out what I believe is the biggest issue with CCA, and the primary reason to what lead me to leave it - an issue I'm sure they don't want you knowing. The students at CCA are merely the worst examples of "christian character." For the duration of middle school, I've enduring bulling due to several inabilities I've had. Students there think that school is merely a game for popularity and having the most lady friends. I've observed several accounts of bullying myself; of course I always report these things to administration. Time and time again, I remind them about the issues I and my friends are having getting along with other students our age, but CCA does nothing, or even attempts to contradict this issue. Today, I still have contact with a certain friend from the school. We hung out recently, and he mentioned that an old friend of ours was actually beaten up by other kids. You would expect these students to have matured, but they continue to project such childlike behavior. My student experience at CCA has by far been the worst I've ever experienced, hands down.

I am a current student at CCA and I have been going here for 6 years. For all of those who are going on this website to vent their hard feelings, thats not what this is about. A school, no matter how God-centered, is never perfect. You cannot judge the school by a bad experience, because it has a lot good. Calvary is a great school and constantly teaches you how to love God and love others. Personally, my experiences at Calvary and the retreats, missions trips, and the one on one times with peers have impacted my life and my walk with CHRIST like never before. If I didn't come to Calvary, I would not be where I am today with the Lord. To those of you considering enrolling your kids, I would say to open your heart to where the Lord wants to send your children, because you never know what amazing experiences your child could have that could change their life!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

to say that you don't have to be a Christian to send your child there, the child just have to be so called 'smart' even if they are rude and bad kids, all they are interested in is the school's rating, not about Christ at all, all about the famous, popular who can shine WORLDLY LIGHT on their school.

I would not consider this school as a Christian school. If your child is popular and he/she has a parent who works there then Calvary is for you.. It's not about Christianity it's about fame ...and fame only. If the kids are obnoxious and rude, but gets good grades then it's okay however you will have a child who needs a little more help...and the treatment to that child is not Christ-like. The school is for fame which is very sad.

I am continually impressed with how personable the teachers and administrators are. I was hesitant at first because our experience at another Christian school caused us to doubt whether Christian schools were truly Christian or not. All three of our children not only love this school and their teachers but they are more interested in church and the Bible now. It is amazing!

Calvary is a horrible school. Do not send your kids there. They say they are Christian but in reality they are not. The education is no good. The school is a waste of money. You're better off sending your kid to a public school. They handle behavioral issues poorly & they favorite students. It's not a fun place to send your kid.

We absolutely love CCA! After homeschooling (and loving it) for 3 years we couldn't ignore what we were seeing at CCA and decided to give it a chance. We weren't disappointed! Our son made friends (which he had difficulty in doing while homeschooling), is excelling in his classes, and comes home with amazing insight into the Bible and God and Jesus. All three of our kids now call CCA their home. Trying to do pickup is an ordeal as our kids go through a gauntlet of hugs to get to my wife or myself. We love CCA and so do our kids!

I am a Highschool Senior at this school right now, & I have been here since the 5th grade. I can 100% say that I am so thankful for this school & everything that it has taught me. For everyone writing bad reviews, you don't know what you're missing! I have gone through SO many hard breaks in friendships, relationships, etc. & I can say that I have gotten such great support from teachers, friends, & staff. In middle school, I hated how Christianity was "shoved down my throat," but that was only because I didn't love Jesus & I was extremely immature. God seriously changed my life the summer before freshman year, & that's when I realized how extremely blessed I am to be going to this school. Sure, not everyone is a Christian here, & maybe some people are "mean and horrible", but that will happen ANYWHERE you go to school! That's life, people. But there are SO many great kids at this school. We have so many great options here for so many different things. I may not agree with all of their "rules & regulations" but that doesn't change my view on this school. I have learned so much here! I can 100% say that after being here for 8 years that I recommend this school to anyone & everyone!

Our daughter is in High School and has attended the school for several years. I have seen the love of the students with the teachers and the staff. She has a love for the Bible and a heart to serve others. We are looking forward to her upcoming missions trip and where God leads her. She is getting an amazing education and is being trained to be a disciple when she graduates. The biblical training is outstanding. The high school is growing and is the largest it has ever been.

I was here at CCA for my Middle School year. I left the school because of the lack of kindness the other students show in this school. Most of them are careless, ruthless, rude, and VERY selfish. I'm going to be homeschooled for my high school year. If you want to be popular in that school all you got to do is use crude humor... And your a big score... Other than that, students treat you like your another can in the dump... If your thinking about enrolling your child, do be wary that the kids in this school are probably some of the saddest excuse for christians I've seen.

Last modified Calvary Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12