267 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Broward Virtual School 5

Posted November 18, 2015
Teachers and staff go above and beyond to do what is needed for students to be successful in every way! In my opinion if all schools will follow the footsteps of BVS we will see a very high rate of graduates in all schools BVS is AWESOME!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 18, 2015
Liana A. Gonzalez, BVS I am very Grateful to,this was my first contact with BVS and one word is not enough to express her professionalism, courtesy & honesty about the program. Liana A. Gonzalez is Super kind and very welcoming even over the phone. I had tons of questions and this wonderful educated young lady was so patient that I felt Yes, this is going to be a good choice . Next I met The Most Fabulous School Counselor Dr.Dierdre Wilson the most Amazing ,Caring Visionary Leader ! Once I met with Dr. Wilson & Ms. Lisa Patino. I had no doubt this was going to be the Best choice for my child to complete their education Thank you so very much for the support offered Dr. Wilson is an Incredible Kind hearted person who brought out The Best in my child with encouragement & motivation! Words cant express Dr. Wilson our gratitude meeting you was life changing for my child who had experienced Bullying at previous school Thank you to all of the Wonderful Staff at BVS who treat their students like family : ) The BVS code of conduct is contagious and the Principal demonstrates he is leading by example The tone on the top follows & I was very impressed with his professionalism during testing Thank you Mr.McGuire. I ran into the Principle at the local Publix and he was just as nice : )

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 18, 2015
The Teachers are caring and AMAZING! motivate the students developing minds. The Best teachers are in BVS!!!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 18, 2015
My 12 year old is able to have a conversation with her 17 year old cousins who are in Highschool Seniors about career and research.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
Definitely Persistence. I noticed my child resubmits when she receives a grade she is not happy with and goes back to the lesson to review takes notes and is eager to show the family her grades and the teachers comments. During practice test I also notice when my child does not understand she emails her teachers and its nice to see the positive communication. My child has the courage to ask for help when needed and is not afraid because the feedback is Always Constructive. This has been our experience with Mr. Notowitz, Ms. Pulitano, Ms.Krug, Mrs. Klein and Ms. Mistretta. In my humble opinion the above teachers names along with BVS should appear under the definition of grit : )

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 17, 2015
The school has rules and strict guidelines on how students are expected to behave and comply. These expectations were clearly communicated during the orientation and for those parents that do not tolerate excuse and nonsense from laid back kids We are an important guide for the kids to follow in Virtual school theirs no one to blame No favorites & one must work responsibly to complete all assignments That means that I "the mom" do log in to check my Childs completed work. Again parents cant blame anyone but oneself.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 17, 2015
my daughter has collaboration projects and not always all students work on same pace. However, having the chance to work on collaboration projects I have witnessed how my child has been treated fairly by other students and vice-versa, my child has demonstrated compassion by helping another student. During testing I was impressed how supportive the students were among one another cheering on about how they were all going to do Great! Compassion and Caring I am very Grateful to have my child in such a Great School!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 17, 2015
All grades are earned with working smart! students have a syllabus to follow weekly along with daily communication with teachers The BVS teachers Are The Best with excellent respectful communication with students My child has excelled in all academic areas and confidence level has sky rocket ! Traditional school is great to but Nothing like BVS teachers who model the integrity & students follow leaders Like any school setting it is a schedule and work but with the difference that the courtesy level is the definition of Excellence! I wish for all students to experience what my child has and we could not be Happier Dr. Wilson and Ms. Patino received us with a friendly smile We Knew then we were home!

Broward Virtual School 5

Posted December 30, 2013
This has been a wonderful alternative to regular school for my gifted daughter. The teachers have many years experience teaching in real schools, but many were fed up with unruly kids and parents that didn't care. I have constant contact with her teachers who are concerned, pleasant, and qualified! There are assignments that involve talking to other students, so you do get to know your classmates. If you are fed up with the poor choices of schools we have locally, I would highly recommend BVS.

Broward Virtual School 4

Posted April 28, 2013
I have 2 kids , can I join them to this school next year 2013/2014 Big one will be in grade 12 , SAT 1350 last January that is before May & June exams , GPA about 3 , last certification in grade 11 term 3 " straight A " . The other kid will be in grade 6 his certification mixed of " A , B , C+ " How can I make applications for both , I have to inform you that we live now in Egypt & we all be in Florida next July 2013 Pls provide me the fees and when & how can I pay Finally I want to know required documents Thanks

6600 Nova Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33317
Last modified Broward Virtual School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Broward Virtual School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top