Public charter
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Excelsior Charter Of Broward 3

Posted July 03, 2014
Not sure why certain reviews are being erased, but I will post again. The school has serious drawbacks for mainstream students. The preferred language is Spanish and not English. While they appear to be doing well in reading they ar2 struggling in math. Turnover rate for teachers in grades 3 to 5 is horrid. My child had 3 teachers last year, one was a sub who was not certified. Additionally the security is lacking, but to the school's credit it doesn't look like a school. A bit of advice: If you want highly qualified instructional staff so npt enroll your child here.

Posted July 02, 2014
We have 2 Children that attended Excelsior Charter this past year . I can't tell you how happy we are at this school. The curriculum, the teachers and staff are beyond amazing. Excelsior does teach at a higher level than most schools in the area, and they are attentive to your child's individual needs. If your child is excelling, they will move them so they are learning where their level is. You are required to volunteer a certain amount of hours per family, which I think is great! It gets parents more involved, which is extremely important in a child's learning. We are so happy to have found Excelsior Charter of Broward and can't wait to return next year!

Posted May 27, 2014
100% of Excelsior Charter students passed the FCAT 2013-14. The school achieved 86% proficiency. We get the 5th best score in Broward County Public and Charter schools.

Posted May 23, 2014
Terrible ! DON'T BRING YOUR KIDS HERE ! This school is going down , sad to say but here's a warning.

Posted August 24, 2013
Admin is horrible to teachers. That's why they quit or get fired. Teachers are overworked and are demoralized. Who wants to work in a school where your obnoxiously micromanaged and given little resources. The school is a joke.

Excelsior Charter Of Broward 4

Posted August 22, 2013
i give the school 4 stars. They are great and passionate about the students and their learning. The school is alway's very clean, well lit and alway's secure. Parents are kept involved in their childern's progress.

Posted August 18, 2013
Just so you know the grade for this school fell to a 'B' this year, check the state and county website. They are not an 'A' school as they boast. I also recommend that you check the certifications of their 'administrators' and 'teachers'. Last year they had a parent teaching Kindergarten and their so called Administrator slammed the door in my face and also spoke ill of another parent right in front of me. While no school is without its issues, and the school does have some wonderful teachers like Mrs. Reynolds-very strong 3rd grade teacher, it needs a more highly qualified staff.

Posted August 18, 2013
A recent on-slot of reviews have come up for this school, but let's tell the truth. While the classes do have technology, not many teachers use them for their purpose, and worse is that the technology is mostly broken. My child rarely got a chance to use a computer by themselves, they always had to share, the air conditioning was always breaking, the roof was constantly leaking, special unannounced 'class pets' would show up (not the kind you buy in stores), and the school hits up its parents for money, tile, paint, sod, and other materials. I already spend money on uniforms for my child, now I have to pay for the floor they walk on; where does the money the state send them go to? I thank them for what they did for my child in the past, but I moved on and I would suggest you do as well. They cannot even write correct sentences on the publications they send home to parents or on their social media pages. I ask you is this the kind of education we really want our children to have? What does it say when the administration cannot formulate a simple sentence?

Posted August 17, 2013
My children have been going here for 6 years and getting a great education.Some teachers have been let go which could not have happened at a public school. Some have left for promotions but the. Core is there and the learning environment is very strong and caring . Mr Baez always has time for you The school now goes to 7th grade and is a STEM middle school with tablets for textbooks nada strong tech curriculum. Their FCAT scores are an A school while teaching your children the subjects and not just the test.

Posted April 11, 2013
My 2 daughters are attending to this school, since they were babies. DayCare, VPK, Kindergarden and now they are in 2nd a 3rd grade. Very friendly enviroment as well as people. The School is growing. Very good teachers and their techniques to teach are very good. My daughters are A+ in reading, math; and the most important part is to feel that they want to be at School every morning. Extra activities (karate) a plus. If you ever want to take the kids, to a safe, clean, nice, friendly school, this is the one. Some of our friends took the kids out of this school and went to Renaissance Charter and I can tell you, that they are thinking about bringing the kids back!!!!

Excelsior Charter Of Broward
10046 West McNab Road, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33321
Last modified Excelsior Charter Of Broward is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Excelsior Charter Of Broward Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top