Fort Myers Preparatory and Fitness Academy

Charter | K-8 | 284 students

Sweep tile

Posted Monday, April 14, 2014

What a great school! The high expectation and caring environment make Fort Myers Prep and Fitness a great place to work and learn! Under new leadership and management, the changes are evident and I am excited to be a part of the transformation. Our school will soon be one of the highest performing in all of Lee County!

Posted Monday, April 14, 2014

My son and daughter attend this school and what a great experience they are having. They love their teachers and Principal and the hour of PE each day is a blessing. New management company operates some of the highest performing schools in the country and we are lucky to have them! I can go online and monitor my kids grades! Looking forward to continuing to see the school soar!

Posted Monday, April 14, 2014

I guess you can't please everyone. Reading all the bad reviews I wonder if their children are attending the same school as my two children? The Principal Mr. Terebieneic is incredible, the teachers are caring and the support staff makes my kid feel safe. I love the new assessments that are in place to make sure that my children are learning each and every standard that they are required for their grade level. My children have been and will continue to be enrolled in this school because I know they are safe and being challenged academically.

Posted April 7, 2014

This has been a great school for my son, the hour of PE everyday has been a great benefit for him. He really enjoys the martial arts program. Mr T has been fantastic working with the students learning how to effectively resolve conflicts that come up daily with middle school students. The teachers are truly connected to the students and want them to reach their potential. They have used fun experiments and other hands on activities to help my son learn. The class sizes are small and the teachers are able to know each child individually. I would highly recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a safe middle school for their student.

Posted March 26, 2014

It's an exciting time to be a part of the Fort Myers Preparatory and Fitness Academy family. The new management company has a great vision for the future and continues to provide the necessary tools to help ensure the success of our students. Looking forward to seeing great things here at FMPFA.

Posted March 20, 2014

As the new management company, we are elated to join the 3 Preparatory and Fitness Academies. Our organization provides students with an invigorating and challenging environment which prepares students for college and beyond. Throughout the country, we have proven track record of academic excellence for all students. To bring the Preparatory and Fitness Academies to the level of their other schools, Celerity has increased use of technology and curriculum support in order to ensure the success of all of the students. Celerity is proud to join the Preparatory and Fitness Academy families and look forward to the growth of our wonderful partnership!

Posted February 8, 2014

Do you want your child to be below grade level? Want a non certified teacher teaching your child? If you answered yes, then this is the perfect school for you! The school has no materials and no resources for the students. Duck tape holds the carpet together. While volunteering there, I have witnessed some horrifying things. Middle school kids practically run the classrooms, there is no playground, even though school is "extended day". Test scores are way below what they should be and the principal is a former GYM teacher who hasn't the slightest idea on how to run a school. Let's face it, the school is not a "school". It's an old Rob and Stucky warehouse that was turned into a babysitting place where companies can take in money from the government for each kid. Please, if you value education, don't think twice about sending your child here. Just because it's free tuition, don't ruin your child's education. Find someplace else and don't be mad if you switch schools and your child is 2 grade levels below.

Posted February 3, 2014

This school should be shut down and the new owners need to go back to California. My son was enrolled for 2 years, I was an active and involved parent, only to walk in there on several occasions and volunteer as well and these were just SOME of the obvious things: 1. Cleanliness of where children eat completely disgusting, I was told we dont have time to wipe tables in between lunch periods, the kids just deal. 2. I witnessed the 1 lunchroom aid demanding one child to write thee others up or else he himself would be in trouble, well when did a 3rd grader start getting paid to be in charge 3. They have several "teachers" that are not credentialed to even be teaching students, but because its a charter school, they make their own rules and they list them as "working on credentials" 4. My son was personally assaulted and bullied on 3 different occasions, and NOT ONCE were the sheriff s department called, and they should have been CALLED they use the school as daycare...and as far as PTA goes the group from 2012 couldnt even document money. This year they started out on the right foot , but lost a good leader, now they are making deals with the administration !

Posted January 30, 2014

Every negative thing being said about FMPFA is true! This "school" is horrible! I taught there when it first opened in Fort Myers in 2008. I was moved around from 4th grade to 2nd and finally to 1st grade. Principal was a joke Lisa was her name. There was a problem with me and the gym teacher" Sensei DJ" they called him and she had a legal obligation to handle it and she didn't. Do yourself a favor and keep your kids elsewhere before putting them in this nightmare ... It's a joke and they have no clue what they are doing.

Posted January 5, 2014

I cannot say enough good things about Fort Myers Prep. I was hesitant at first reading the previous reviews, but we have been so happy this year. My son is in Kindergarten and I love the fact that the school is open from 8-4 and he has PE twice. He is learning math and reading and comes home happy and exhausted. The teachers are great and the principal is phenomenal! He and the administrators know all the kids by name, and the PTA is working hard to get more parents involved and create more opportunities for the kids. I was going to switch my son next year, but we're staying. Great school!

Posted October 24, 2013

Fort Myers Preparatory and Fitness Academy should be shut down and all the staff should not be able to work with children another day in their lives. The new principle is unacceptable in all areas, who approved this school and where did the staff receive their credentialss from? The only reason I gave them 1 star, because the computer would not allow me to post this concern, without a star. So in reality im giving them no stars.

Posted August 5, 2013

I was a teacher at this school. The fitness program is great, but I was bullied by the principal. Other teachers made me feel uncomfortable, many teachers left this school for they too did not feel appreciated and had to work long hours without a lunch break. I felt like they wanted me to quit, I was completely stressed out. It is sad, but this school could be great. However, Edvantages didn't support the principal, like they should have. She had no assistant principal or dean when the school started in 2012-13, but later had a "type of dean" to help monitor behavior concerns. Also, teachers in charter schools should not have to "put up" with out of control behavior, such as running away from class or fighting. These students should be expelled.

Posted August 2, 2013

Love this school. Lots of changes lately, but I know it's gonna be a fantastic year.

Posted May 22, 2013

Everything said is true..do not know why kids in this school are soo bad..some teachers, are not teaching good at all..they have mean teachers especially in 7 grade..aweful the way my son has been treated.the cafeteria workers should be more nicer.....no love for kids at all

Posted May 15, 2013

I have 3 children enrolled at FMPFA. I am very unsatisfied with the education they have received while attending this school. My 7th grader has had 8 different teachers this year. My 5th grader has had 2 teachers and numerous substitutes for extended periods of time while the teachers were being replaced. His last teacher quit about 2 weeks ago and he has had substitutes since then. FMPFA does offer a great physical education program and they also teach extensive character education. Though they do not lead by example. I had a teacher bullying and making fun of my son because he could not concentrate and finish his assignment. She would say things like "Do you work genius" and "Whats your problem, smart one?" When I brought this to the principles attention she blamed it on my child. He has ADD and does not work like most kids. This principle is AWFUL! She has put her hands on a child, leaving him with a bruise on his chest and a ripped shirt, yet she still has a job here. I talked to the CEO of Edvantages about this and she told me it was none of my business! So basically these people do not care about your child and their education. My children will not be returning to this school

Posted April 11, 2013

It's funny that you say that. I am one of the parents that posted about how terrible this school is. I have been a member of the PTO in previous years. Whether or not a parent is on the PTO or not does not mean that they are not involved in their child's education. I am very concerned with my child's education which is why I am so disgusted by this school. My child has had 3 teachers so far this year since all of the teachers ran when the public schools posted job openings. I was informed that by someone in the front office. I have reached out several times to the principal and teacher via phone and email regarding issues and everytime was told they would call me right back. Never happened. I went to the school several times to address problems. It's not me, not my child, it is the school that has a lack of concern regarding our children. How many schools do you know that a 6th grader is arrested on school grounds but yet no parents are informed. Maybe your child is one of the problem children. Possibly you were just the one fortunate family that has not had an issue and that is great. These issues that people are talking about are legitimate problems with the school.

Posted March 8, 2013

I wish I could give them no stars at all. Over this last year this school has seriously declined. My son has had 3 teachers so far. There is no discipline what so ever! Constant bullying and nothing done about it. The older kids get the younger kids to fight each other. Where are the teachers during all of this? Do not put your child in this school and if they are currently there I know you agree 100%. I truly do not believe my son has learned anything in this past year. It's a free for all and no one is in control. I would not be surprised if they give the children the answer to the FCAT's since I know they are not at grade level but yet the school has excellent testing scores.

Posted January 27, 2013

Awful... I took my grand-daughter out and placed in the Villa. She was an honor student before going to FMP and was so far behind when tested at the Villas, that she had to do tutoring to catch up with the rest of the grade .. Thankfully back on track to pass the FCAT and getting back on track. The Principal thinks she's a drill Sargent but she did absolutely nothing about bulling in the school or on the bus, dress code was a mess after it cost a fortune in uniforms from the 1 vendor only to find everyone out of dress code. Regardless of change of location, there was zero excuse for this nightmare . The teacher was nice but not up to standard with the education level, The class was extremely behind grade level .. Ms Nicky is awesome and is missed . The rest I can do without.. Be prepared for failure with the kids on the FCAT, academically the kids are almost a full grade level behind the Lee County school district and state standards.. Very disappointed and sorry I even did the change to begin with , Only did damage to a 4 year honor student

Posted January 18, 2013

This is the worst school I could have ever choosen! The Principal walks around yelling and screaming at the students. And when my son had a bullying issue, I had to call the school which took 4 days before I could actually get someone to answer the phone, was told in a face to face meeting with the Principal that "my son needs to get tougher skin"! This was said to me by the PRINCIPAL..The one that is suppose to be on top of bullying, made it my sons fault he was this place people...Save your time and go to a REAL school. Every teacher considered to be good has left this school. My son had 5 teachers so far this year and counting. Office staff rude and not helpful. The waokit to get in building is ridiculous and parent pick up is a joke..Leave early!!

Posted August 20, 2012

There is a mutiny at this school. The teachers are quitting the first month of school due to incompetence of principal (#3 in 2 years) and the for profit corporation in Ohio called Edvantages. This school is a joke and will be shut down after their misdeeds are exposed. I know for a fact that certain details were disclosed to some very important people who govern charter schools in Lee County and the hammer is about to fall hard on this corporation Edvantages. Three 4th grade teachers quit already this year! Other grade teachers are dropping like flies. Get your kids out of here while there is still hope for them. You have been warned.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

27 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2013.

27 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 61% in 2013.

39 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

39 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2013.

40 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

22 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 59% in 2013.

22 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

20 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2013.

20 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 51% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 56% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 47% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

18 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • This school did not receive a grade in 2009-2010.
  • This school did not receive a grade in 2008-2009.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 64% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 67% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2013.

American Indian/Alaska Native N/A 0%

• Ms. Susanne Bisplinghoff
Fax number
  • (239) 333-0768

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now