Public charter
Fort Myers, FL

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Welcome! I would like to take this opportunity to welcome parents and children to the Fort Myers Preparatory and Fitness Academy. As principal, I am very excited about this year and the opportunity to see our students continue to grow and succeed. I am confident that this will be one of our best years ever! We believe that all students can thrive and learn when experienced instructors present an engaging curriculum, challenging learning activities, and high expectations. We look forward to working together as students, teachers, parents, and as a community to encourage our students to be the best they can be. We will continue to work to instill in each and every child the need for us as a community to treat others the way we want to be treated, to be treated with respect, kindness, and fairness. We look forward to continue to prepare our students for success in high school, college, and beyond. I would like to thank you for trusting us with the opportunity of educating your children. It is a privilege and honor that we do not take lightly. Together we will succeed! Stephan Terebieniec Principal
April 23, 2014

Posted June 15, 2015
Awful school. Useless principal!! Feel embarrassed to even say everything I know about it. Just don't do this to you and your child. Your children need a safe physical and moral environment and good behavior examples!

Fort Myers Preparatory and Fitness Academy
Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted June 15, 2015
No at all, students are not being disciplined and the message send across the school is wrong.

Posted August 18, 2014
Not sure why there are so many bad reviews. My child is absolutely excelling at this school. Overall, their FCAT scores were not good, however, they did improve since last year with the new management company. I have seen many positive changes. My daughter took her 3rd grade FCATS and got very high scores. She missed one point on the entire math part, so she almost had a perfect score. She had a 4 in reading, which is still way above the state average. So, obviously, they are teaching what needs to get taught. If some students are not learning, maybe they need to be in special classes, so, it is good that they have left the school to go elsewhere. Because of this, I am sure there will be a huge increase in scores for whatever tests they will take this year. Unfortunately, this school is far below average with Parent Involvement. This could also have a huge impact on Test Scores. I can tell you that I am at every PTO meeting and I am one of 4 parents who actually come to these meetings. I love this school and love that my child is exceeding way past her grade level here and they are accommodating that and keeping her challenged. Way to go Fort Myers Prep!!!

Posted August 17, 2014
This is a school for no child ! Parents I wil not be taking my child back thier score in fcat are very low for the pasted three years and they looking forward to this year for what so the childern from this to get left behide yes it's true to brite future for these children sad to say it but true this school should be shut down if the teacher 's had a little of dignate for education they would do something about this ! The third grade teacher is not so helpful alway had smart remark to say to the kids education wise did a bad job of teaching them fcat score say it all very dissatisfied with the education give to my child ????

Posted August 04, 2014
I have been a teacher at FMPFA for the last two years and I completely disagree with the negative reviews on this website. Our school is moving in the right direction. No school is perfect for every child but we are working really hard to make our school one of the best in Lee County. Celerity, our new management company is doing an excellent job at placing the right people in the appropriate positions. Our school administrator is excellent! He is by far the best administrator that I have worked with. The teachers and staff all have the students' best interest at heart. I personally know the names of every single student in our school and I know that other teachers do as well. Where else are you going to see this? Classes are in small in number which makes them easy to manage and gives all teachers a chance to work one on one with students on a regular basis. Our fitness program is THE BEST in Lee County. All students participate in sports specific physical education every day. I invite everyone to visit our school in take a look for themselves. We have come a long way in the last few years and the best is still to come. I am looking forward to the start of the new school year.

Posted July 18, 2014
I think this is a great school, they are under new management since last year and that makes a big difference, the school is getting better and better, they are definetively going on the right direction. Children love the soccer, tennis and martial arts.

Posted June 13, 2014
I'd be Shocked if this school stays open. The school smells like urine. They don't have a janitor so it's a very unsanitary place. The roof leaks and probably have a mold problem but hide it by just putting in new celiing tiles because they can't spend any money fixing anything because they have no money. Rumor is they will not spend money on new curriculum so if you are there for the 2014-2015 school year, the curriculum will be outdated and teachers won't have the resources to teach. Nothing good comes out of that school.

Posted April 29, 2014
I really like this school. The teachers and staff really made my daughter's school year exceptional. They are always available to talk too when I have a question. It seems like they care just as much as I do about my daughter's learning experience. Great school.

Posted April 23, 2014
A COLLEGE PREPARATORY EDUCATION- FEELS LIKE A PRIVATE SCHOOL, BUT IT'S PUBLIC AND FREE!! My kids have received an excellent and challenging education this year. The teachers are very caring and spend extra time with each child making sure they understand what is expected of them. The curriculum is challenging and rewarding. The new benchmarks and assessments that are newly in place this year, allow the students to see their own progress, enabling the kids to want to be better and do better. Aside from a few negative remarks on here, which in my opinion are in relation to the previous administration; the new administration has made all the difference. I know that they are preparing my kids for a successful future beyond college, and their personal life!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted April 23, 2014

Fort Myers Preparatory and Fitness Academy
4740 S Cleveland Ave, Fort Myers, FL  33907
Last modified Fort Myers Preparatory and Fitness Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fort Myers Preparatory and Fitness Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top