941 students|Lee

Bad
Good

Allen Park Elementary School 2

Posted March 23, 2015
The assistant principal likes to talk down to parents when she does not agree or understand issues being brought to her attention. She is new to the position and needs to learn a few things abouthow to treat the students as well as the parents. The ESE staff is fabulous, but the heads of the school leave a lot to be desired.

Posted June 13, 2014
Allen Park is a fantastic school. My daughter loves her teachers, feels successful and safe each day. The teachers care and reach out to the parents... I feel like I am a part of her education

Allen Park Elementary School 2

Posted November 23, 2013
My child transferred from Collier County into Allen Park this year. He was in gifted in Collier and he remains so at Allen Park. I have watched his self worth slowly go down the drain because of policies and the way his teacher conducts herself and her classroom. My husband and I are working with our son to encourage him to ask questions again, which is not something he was afraid to do prior to coming to Allen Park. We have talked with the principal and the teacher about why he is afraid of her, and she didn't seem to recognize her own classroom behavior and why it would affect sensitive gifted children. I do wish there was more we could do other than talk to the teacher and principal, but when you do that and things don't change in the classroom, what else can you do? There are lots of negative things said instead of turning things into positives, which is a better way to teach. We lucked out in Collier and now we have to adapt. We are looking at this as character building, so if you have time to work with your child when you are in this situation, be advised. I don't understand this "10" rating, and we're in the gifted program.

Posted October 23, 2013
Allen Park is an EXCELLENT school. I personally went there from 1st grade till 5th grade, over 25 years ago. They have a hearing impaired program there, and I was enrolled in that program for 1st & 2nd grade. Then in 3rd grade, I was mainstreamed into the regular classroom. I received much needed support, and a lot of one on one attention from the teachers, which made me a successful student & adult throughout life. My 1st grade teacher was also the 1st receipt of the Golden Apple Award. I could not recommend a better school!

Posted September 24, 2013
Allan Park distroyed my child's self worth. Constant criticism from teachers. robot like strickness (just walk thru the hallway), the inability to be individuals is why I rank it below all others I know. No communication between teachers and parents unless there is a problem then the teacher will be sure and contact you but it you want any info there is no email, phone number or any way to reach the person your child spends all day with. If you care about your child's self esteem please do not put him/her in this school without alot of research and discussion with the principle and teacher. Good luck...

Posted September 23, 2013
My grandson Aydian started pre-school in Allen Park & graduated 5th grade in may 2013. I can't say enough great thing's about this school. He had awesome teacher's through his elementary school year's. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted August 05, 2013
The teachers will not communicate with parents unless THEY want to. There is no patience with students who have any slight problems. The teachers I have met try to "weed the unfavorable" students out as early as possible in order to get the best rating they possibly can. Please do your homework before sending any chiild to this school.

Posted June 09, 2011
The school is incredible!!!!*** Excellent teachers best of all they are a bucket filling school.:) allen park elementary + children = respectful, responsible, safe, and smart

Posted October 14, 2010
My child is currently enrolled in his 2nd year at Allen Park. He is from Germany and English is his second language. The staff has been excellent in helping him & I recommend this school to others. By staying envolved with my child progress and working with the school my child has all A's & over 200 reading points in just the 1st quarter. To sum it up, parents need to take responsibilities as well as the staff.

Posted October 08, 2010
I am very unhappy with my childs progress at this school. If it were not for me being an involved parent my child would easily slip through the cracks. If your child is struggling with something you have no idea until you see a report card or call the teacher. I have pointed things out to the teacher that she should have been on top of. If your considering this school and your child is not in the gifted program you might want to re-consider.

Allen Park Elementary School
3345 Canelo Drive, Fort Myers, FL  33901
Last modified Allen Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.