Fort Myers, FL

Edgewood Academy 1

Posted July 11, 2014
Edgewood was an "A" school five years ago when the current administration took over the school. It has been going downhill ever since. It is now a "D" school for the 2013/2014 school year and it's been a "C" school for four straight years during 2009/2010 to 2012/2013. If you have an ESOL student, walk away. If you have an ESE student, RUN as fast as you can! There are no accommodations(remedial help) for ESE students and ESOL students. If your child is an ESOL student, you would be lucky to see the ESOL paraprofessional for 30 minutes a week. There is only one paraprofessional for a TON of kids. I would look for a better school where ESOL and ESE students and teachers get some support. Edgewood has inclusion classes which means that ESOL and ESE students are mixed with other students and no accommodations. The school may look nice and have a beautiful campus, but don t let that fool you. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere! AVOID!

Posted September 16, 2009
We love edgewood because its a great place to learn and the teachers are great

Posted June 29, 2009
Edgewood has made such great strides in the past 5 years! From a 'D' School to an 'A' school - and finally making AYP. The staff is caring and concerned; the administration truly cares about the kids and their lives.

Edgewood Academy 5

Posted July 08, 2008
Edgewood has come a long way. The scores show it. If there was more parent involvement the students and the school would benefit more

Edgewood Academy 2

Posted November 01, 2006
We moved to this area, and enrolled our two kids, 1st and 2nd grade, in ERA only because it was the only school offered to us. It was not the school we wanted, because of it's low test scores, as well as the fact that it's on the other side of town, an hour by bus both ways. The office staff is rude,dismissive, and does not follow through with requests, ie. messages to teachers and homework from missed days - my daughters homework was sent home with a different student, not her brother, twice. The teachers seem nice, but I worry that my 1st grader still cannot read, and isn't getting any help, other than being put in a 'below-class-standards-reading-group' with the non-english-speaking students. This made problems worse, as she is now embarrassed and ashamed. Isn't this what teachers are supposed to help with?

Edgewood Academy 2

Posted August 20, 2005
I have had 3 children attend this school for a total of 10 years. Ever since Mrs. Witt left as principal,it has gone down hill. Through the years we have had good and bad teachers but the last couple of years we have had teachers that just seem to not care, or have the time to talk to us parents. I pulled my 4th grader and 2nd grader out of this school this year. Because I think my kids deserve alot better then what they have received from this school.

Posted June 11, 2005
I have had three children attend ERA aver the last 6 years and have some concerns over the academic class placement that they use. It is fine when you have a child who naturally excells in their academic studies, however when you have a child such as I do that struggles, they are placed in a lower achieving class. This would be fine if the children received additional teacher guidance, but from my observations this is not the case. The classes ssem to be full of behavior problems, which my child is not and my child subsequently suffered.

Edgewood Academy 1

Posted March 30, 2005
My kids have been in this school for 3 years, next year they will be going to another. the teachers are not very good and they dont follow special needs children like they should. my 1st grader is doing pre k work and he was passed last year (while doing pre k work without my knowledge) and now he will be help back this year. the academics leave something to be desired, the extra curricular activities are none and the parent involvement wasnt even an issue. I tried numerous times to talk to my childrens teachers and never got a response. The office staff is awesome (to bad they dont teach) I would not reccomend this school to anyone.

Edgewood Academy 5

Posted December 10, 2004
- a former student

Edgewood Academy
3464 Edgewood Avenue, Fort Myers, FL  33916
Last modified Edgewood Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edgewood Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top