Fort Myers, FL
Students enrolled: 1,896

Fort Myers High School 1

Posted June 01, 2013
It's amazing how little the faculty care about the students there. There is a culture of lying there that starts a the top. An example is how they continue to list themselves as a top 100 school on their webpage when they have not been there for three years.

Fort Myers High School 3

Posted January 27, 2012
Heard so many good things so I was shocked when we did not experience them! If your child is in the I.B program or plays sports Ft Myers is a great school otherwise forget it. The school really only cares about those two things,everything (and everyone else)falls to the wayside. The school placed our child in advanceded math classes (Trig & Calculus etc).Our child did extremely well and continued advancing only to be told senior year -Oops! We made a mistake you shouldnt have been in those classes(starting freshman year mind you) because you never took Algebra 2 so until you do you cannot graduate with your class. Our child indeed had to do an extra semester due to the school's mistake & despite getting A's & B's in their most advanced math classes! Our other children will not be attending Ft.Myers when it is time for their high school.

Posted October 14, 2010
Our daughter is a graduate of this outstanding school. The school has a tremendous sense of community and the teachers and administration are exceptional. There is a genuine concern for all students and students are encouraged to be the best that they can be. It is a safe school, and I have never heard of any incidents of bullying or violence. This school provides a high quality education which surpasses many of the private schools in the area, especially in the IB program. There is diversity, activities to suit a variety of interests, and parents are encouraged to be involved. We have since moved to VT, and I have a daughter attending an independent school as a day student, and I can honestly say that I was better satisfied with Ft. Myers High School

Fort Myers High School 1

Posted March 08, 2010

Posted September 16, 2009
This school is without a doubt the best high school in the state of Florida. This school has nothing to do with how much money you have or who you know. The teachers care about the students and make an effort to know the parents as well. Fort Myers High School has the finest rating by which all other schools are measured and try to reach their level. I would never place my children in any other school but Fort Myers High School. It also has the best overall parental participation in all after school activities such as parent/teacher night. It is truly amazing the turnout of the parents and families, and shows how much they truly care about the school and their children. I'm proud to be able to say that my children were educated at Fort Myers High School!!

Posted September 16, 2009
great school...great programs...great teachers...exceptional students!

Posted April 28, 2009

Posted February 09, 2009
I was a student at FMHS, and I was in the IB program for all four years. It was a great school and now I am in a great college!

Posted November 07, 2008
I have a daughter in the IB program. This is a top ranked school with an exceptional staff with an exceptional principal. I had to send my other children to private due to the poor education with in the lee county system. It is refreshing to put my tax dollars to good use at this school and not have to spend additional income to insure my children get a good education. I speak with experience as I graduated from Cypress Lake HS and had to spend additional time to catch up when I went to the university.

Posted March 22, 2008

Fort Myers High School
2635 Cortez Boulevard, Fort Myers, FL  33901
Last modified Fort Myers High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fort Myers High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top