Fort Myers, FL
Students enrolled: 1,896

Posted March 30, 2015
FMHS is by far the best school in Fort Myers. There is an overwhelming sense of tradition and expectation for excellence. There are so many clubs, sports, and other activities that just about every student can find something outside of school to take part in (and excel), if not, it's a breeze to start your own club (I did). The IB teachers are, for the most part, incredible and don't feel the need to inundate you with useless work. There is a very strong sense of safety and overall calmness, bullying isn't a problem and people in general tend not to get in each other's way. We have a huge success rate with our students being admitted at about any state school (over 90% acceptance rate into UF in a couple of occasions), and our top students get accepted into top schools like MIT, Duke, and GeorgiaTech more frequently than any other school in this county.

Fort Myers High School 1

Posted June 01, 2013
It's amazing how little the faculty care about the students there. There is a culture of lying there that starts a the top. An example is how they continue to list themselves as a top 100 school on their webpage when they have not been there for three years.

Fort Myers High School 3

Posted January 27, 2012
Heard so many good things so I was shocked when we did not experience them! If your child is in the I.B program or plays sports Ft Myers is a great school otherwise forget it. The school really only cares about those two things,everything (and everyone else)falls to the wayside. The school placed our child in advanceded math classes (Trig & Calculus etc).Our child did extremely well and continued advancing only to be told senior year -Oops! We made a mistake you shouldnt have been in those classes(starting freshman year mind you) because you never took Algebra 2 so until you do you cannot graduate with your class. Our child indeed had to do an extra semester due to the school's mistake & despite getting A's & B's in their most advanced math classes! Our other children will not be attending Ft.Myers when it is time for their high school.

Posted October 14, 2010
Our daughter is a graduate of this outstanding school. The school has a tremendous sense of community and the teachers and administration are exceptional. There is a genuine concern for all students and students are encouraged to be the best that they can be. It is a safe school, and I have never heard of any incidents of bullying or violence. This school provides a high quality education which surpasses many of the private schools in the area, especially in the IB program. There is diversity, activities to suit a variety of interests, and parents are encouraged to be involved. We have since moved to VT, and I have a daughter attending an independent school as a day student, and I can honestly say that I was better satisfied with Ft. Myers High School

Posted September 16, 2009
This school is without a doubt the best high school in the state of Florida. This school has nothing to do with how much money you have or who you know. The teachers care about the students and make an effort to know the parents as well. Fort Myers High School has the finest rating by which all other schools are measured and try to reach their level. I would never place my children in any other school but Fort Myers High School. It also has the best overall parental participation in all after school activities such as parent/teacher night. It is truly amazing the turnout of the parents and families, and shows how much they truly care about the school and their children. I'm proud to be able to say that my children were educated at Fort Myers High School!!

Posted September 16, 2009
great school...great programs...great teachers...exceptional students!

Posted February 09, 2009
I was a student at FMHS, and I was in the IB program for all four years. It was a great school and now I am in a great college!

Posted November 07, 2008
I have a daughter in the IB program. This is a top ranked school with an exceptional staff with an exceptional principal. I had to send my other children to private due to the poor education with in the lee county system. It is refreshing to put my tax dollars to good use at this school and not have to spend additional income to insure my children get a good education. I speak with experience as I graduated from Cypress Lake HS and had to spend additional time to catch up when I went to the university.

Posted February 26, 2008
I have two children that attend FMHS. The education is superior, and the structer is firm. The FMHS band is is a great team. I encourage any children interested in music to join the band. They are all great friends, and it keeps the group busy. Its they very best school of choice. Go Greenwave!

Posted February 16, 2008
Amazing school, with the best education and teachers. This is the only school I would consider in fort myers. The I.B. program will excel students to their highest academic potenetial potential.

2635 Cortez Boulevard, Fort Myers, FL  33901
Last modified Fort Myers High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fort Myers High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top