602 students|Lee

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We have been at Orangewood for the past four years. The former administration really let things go. It was obvious she was retiring and let her train wreck of an Assistant Principal make decisions. The new Principal is so down to earth and really understands kids. We are excited our campus is going through a complete overhaul. Lots of great energy and excitement within our little school.

I absolutely LOVE let me repeat LOVE this school!! There are so many positive changes that have occurred since the new principal took over last year. My daughter has always been in private school but after touring the school and meeting the principal and staff I knew this was the place for her. I loved that while having lunch with with my child that the principal was walking around interacting with parents and students and knew all of them by name!

I have 2 children here and both are very unhappy. They have always had wonderful relationships at school. I have always been told they are hard workers and helpful. Never any issues at school ever, yet day 1 here and my child was accused of cheating on an assignment that wasn't even being graded and both of them came home stunned that staff told students to shut up. How are our children expected to learn to respect staff members when they scream shut up to small children? My kids are miserable and I'm considering home schooling until another school has openings. There's no reason for staff to speak to students in that manner, and good schools function without disrespecting our children. Children learn what they live.... see.... and hear. In my opinion, yelling at a child like that, is just being a bully. It makes me angry and it wasn't even my child that was yelled at to "Shut Up" If your child attends here, just ask them if they've ever heard this. On the plus, the teachers called me right back when I called regarding their schoolwork however there's limited writing in the older class and and my child misses writing stories. The Math program is far behind where they were.

My daughter went to this school and we ended up spending HOURS teaching her. The amount of homework is out of control. She had to miss school for three days for an out-of-state funeral and received 40 PAGES of math homework and listening to her talk about her friends, this was the policy if a child missed school. The math program was awful. The teacher had no idea what she was doing and when you approached her with issues, all you got in return was defensive attitude. We tried to set up many meetings with her teachers...no response for WEEKS! We participated in different camps to help her with different subjects and she learned absolutely nothing. It was a writing camp and apparently grammar and punctuation was unimportant. They would send home weekly reviews and it seemed that she was progressing well in every subject and then we would get her report card, after no graded school work had been sent home, and her grades were not even close to where they were before she went to Orangewood. Not to mention a high issue of un-addressed bullying. We would have been better to home school her than to send her to this school because we were teaching her ourselves.

Outstanding in all they do! :)

Orangewood has been a positive experience overall for my children. The teachers are all great at teaching, but a few need to remember that they are teaching children. They need to remember to dicipline the children to 'teach' them, not punish them to hurt them inside. The support staff is great as well.

hi i go to orangewood elementary and i think it is an exellent school to go to

Last modified Orangewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.