Fort Myers, FL
Students enrolled: 1,472

Cypress Lake High School 4

Posted January 07, 2015
Great school, a little behind on what is school appropriate. Awesome teachers and efficient getting students to class .

Cypress Lake High School 2

Posted April 20, 2014
Very large and very disorganized. Administration seems complacent. Some very nice well qualified faculty but not nearly enough of those to offer quality education. Books are out dated and in bad shape. How about 4 pages of Algebra printed on 1 sheet of paper to save a buck? They need to improve on organization, communication and better budget.

Posted August 18, 2013
I graduated from this school and my son is currently a student in the Visual Arts program. I admit that when I was a student I hated the school and everything about it but have come to realize how lucky I was to attend CLHS. It was and still is one of the highest scored / rated schools in the area for academics and now, as a "Center for the Arts," the school will allow my son to focus on learning about something he loves as well as to explore and develop his talent. The teachers in the Visual Arts Department truly love art and their dedication to their students is obvious. The kids are encouraged to expand their cultural horizons and explore their abilities as well as to develop critical thinking skills.

Posted March 30, 2011
My oldest son when to Cypress and had a fantastic experience. He is presently in a very high end math/science program at one of the top universities in the country where he says Cypress gave him the tools to succeed at a very high level. The staff, faculty and principal are all excellent. Having raised four children, the principal is the most involved principal of any I have seen. She is a gem of a person who cares for her school and every student. I am still amazed how she seems to know every students name without hesitation!

Cypress Lake High School 2

Posted March 02, 2011
I'm reviewing because of the question of the day which is How Important is A Principal to A School? This school could be great but the Principal is a non entity. She is very uninvolved save for a few annual events. Most of the students wouldn't know her if they ran into her at the grocery store. Some of the teacher have great dedication and ideas but they are not encouraged by the principal. In fact just the oposite. I feel a change of administration would really help this school.

Posted April 19, 2010
This school is amazing and I loved it!!!! I highly recommend it to everyone! No matter what you like to do, Cypress is the place for you!

Posted October 05, 2009
My daughter had very dedicated teachers when she was a student there. She was inspired to reach far because her left and right brain received stimulation, not just the left brain as is often done in public education environments.

Posted September 20, 2009
My daughter is now in her senior year and has loved every minute at Cypress. She is in the vocal program and has felt encouraged and nurtured every step of the way.

Posted September 16, 2009
They have a phemonial proghram covering all the arts

Posted February 09, 2009
I Love This School! My Soon Attends As A Sophomore And Is Very Active On Their Baseball Team And Even With His Busy Schedule, His Teachers Are Very Understanding And Allow Him Time When He's Late with His Work. The Enviornment Is Very Learning Focused And The Other Students Are All Friendly. Cliques Aren't An Issue At All Here. Its By Far The Best!

6750 Panther Lane, Fort Myers, FL  33919
Last modified Cypress Lake High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cypress Lake High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top