Posted July 01, 2014
This school is simply amazing. The teachers and staff are extremely professional and dedicated. The PTA is very involved and work together with the staff to create fun events that benefit the students of Tanglewood. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Tanglewood Elementary School 3

Posted March 12, 2014
Labeling Students. When students are labeled in a negative way, that stays with them. It happens from the beginning of the school year. The students that carry on the label of talking to much or disrupting the class in the past year always sit near the teachers. They are labeled before they even start. I would like to see them start to give some of these students a chance and praise them when they do good. Other than that it is a pretty good school.

Tanglewood Elementary School 1

Posted April 17, 2013
Have had my children at this school since relocating to Florida almost 3 years ago. As with any school there are good teachers and bad teachers but I have nothing good to say about this administration or teachers. Considering I have a close source to this school, the staff is sub-par all around. For a majority they do not care about the way their students are treated by other children, how they perform, or what some staff members say about their students on social networks. Having been moved around a lot when I was young I was looking forward to not having to do this with my own children, unfortunately this school gave us no choice. Word to the wise stay away from Tanglewood Elementary, the school is viewed in the community as one that used to be a school you wanted your children to be, now it is nothing more than an adult country club for teachers that need to understand teaching is more than a degree, it is a commitment to our children.

Posted February 12, 2013
I am very happy and thankful for the great progress that my son is making. For that I will like to thank you very much. I can see that Mss. Savage hard work and teaching on my son are productive, I very much enjoy the way she teaching my son. To conclude I would like to say I am very proud Dad for choose Tanglewood Elementary School for my son . We are very fortunate to have an amazing team at Tanglewood who are passionate in what they do and care deeply about their students.

Tanglewood Elementary School 4

Posted December 21, 2012
My son is half way through his kindergarten year at Tanglewood, and we are very pleased. We adore his teacher, Lori Sanger, and have several friends with kindergarteners in other classes. I've heard nothing but good from them as well. I appreciate how Mrs. Sanger mixes in fun with the academics. Kindergarten has so many academic requirements these days, the fun of learning can be lost. But Mrs. Sanger doesn't let it get lost. And we are just thrilled with my son's learning and progress. The office staff is friendly and helpful. I haven't had much contact with the principal, but Mr. Musich, the vp, is joy. We just love the homey feel of the school. There is also a very active PTA. My daughter will be at the school next year, and I just couldn't be happier knowing what a good school both my kids will have.

Posted October 28, 2012
Both my children (10 and 8 years old) are going on their third year at Tanglewood. They have had excellent teachers who were always concerned and had my children's best interests in mind. All their teachers have been very professional and personable. I feel my children are getting an excellent education at Tanglewood and they also get good activities between track, PE, music, art and computer. The homework is reasonable. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted March 27, 2012
My daughter is in 1st grade at TWES and I can't say enough about this school. Her teacher Ms. Gentile is an amazing teacher. My daughter used to cry every Sunday night knowing she had school in the morning, now she can't wait to go back after the weekend. The office staff is very helpful to both parent and students' needs. It's nice to see Shelby and Marisol always smiling and eager to help or answer any questions parents may have (they are the only two I have met so far, but I'm sure everyone is as welcoming as they are). I can say I am more than pleased with this school. I am happy knowing that my daughter is in good hands and in a safe school. I can't wait for my youngest to start K next year and be coming home as happy as my oldest does now. I'm proud of my daughter's progress and that my kids are and will continue to be TWES students.

Posted February 16, 2012
My son is in second grade at Tanglewood. We are extremely pleased. The teachers are excellent. I love that the front office staff knows every child by name. They take the time to speak to each one and get to know them. The school is very safety conscious which I really appreciate. I don't agree with the parents who thought there was too much homework. Yes there is homework but I can't remember when it's ever taken my son more than 30 minutes to do and usually its much less than that. I am extrememly pleased that both the art and music programs are full time this year. There are also new strings and choral programs. The PTA is active and involved. They raise funds to support field trips, classroom supplies, art, music and PE erichment and library books to name a few projects.

Posted December 09, 2011
Thanks GOD for Tanglewood! my son jumps out of bed to go to school...he went to another school before and it was a struggle...hey, if your kids are not happy there is always a real reason...my son is blooming in this school! He loves it...eachers are super sweet and fun..this school truly CARES for our children...The Fall festival was AMAZING..WOW..teh decoration, the games...I was shocked to see the effort the teachers and PTA put there...the other day there was a math night...the teachers are always smiling....My baby is learning so much.kids deserve to learn and be happy! and mine is ! Thank you Tanglewood! You are THE BEST!!! I will forever be grateful ...

Tanglewood Elementary School 3

Posted August 22, 2010
i would have to agree with the other parents, its a good school but, the homework is ridiculous,my daughter is entering the 3rd grade this year...2nd year at tanglewood and my son is entering Kindergarten this year.

Tanglewood Elementary School
1620 Manchester Boulevard, Fort Myers, FL  33919
Last modified Tanglewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tanglewood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top