Fort Myers, FL

Tanglewood Elementary School 1

Posted February 20, 2015
Tangle wood apparently does not care about bullying.Instead of Mr Wips protecting the privacy of the student being bullied he tells the students who are bullying her that she was the one that told on them and calls my Granddaughter a Liar in front of them.She's an Honor roll student and this is affecting her grades.I will definitely get this in the news as soon as possible if something is not done about this problem.It is escalating now to physical bullying not just verbally or mentally. I'll tell you this I suggest you Mr Wips nip this in the butt as soon as possible or I will have a lawyer present next time I go to the school.Just yesterday my Grandaughter was pulled down and scratched on the arm.Mr Wip says she's not being bullied she's just being teased.? I have this to say to you Mr Wip you and the principal need to Review your guidelines what happened to safety first and respect? .Remember God sees everything and Karma does not sleep.You will have a whole lot of legal problems if my Graddaughter ends up hurt.STOP THE BULLYING!!!!!!!!!

Posted January 22, 2015
Tanglewood Elementary is an amazing school. My oldest child was there from Kindergarten all the way through 5th grade and was beyond prepared for Middle School this year. My second child is in 3rd grade and having a wonderful experience there as well. I can't wait for my youngest to start at Tanglewood. The teachers there go above and beyond in every way. The communication from both teachers and administrators to the parents is frequent, which I love! Contrary to a post from a few years ago on this site (and I believe that was under different administration), volunteers are welcomed and encouraged. In fact, they have a volunteer appreciation breakfast every year. Parents are welcome to walk their children to class and staff always greet parents with smiling faces. If you are looking for a small, family-style school where your child will be loved and receive a well-rounded education....look no further!

Posted July 01, 2014
This school is simply amazing. The teachers and staff are extremely professional and dedicated. The PTA is very involved and work together with the staff to create fun events that benefit the students of Tanglewood. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Tanglewood Elementary School 3

Posted March 12, 2014
Labeling Students. When students are labeled in a negative way, that stays with them. It happens from the beginning of the school year. The students that carry on the label of talking to much or disrupting the class in the past year always sit near the teachers. They are labeled before they even start. I would like to see them start to give some of these students a chance and praise them when they do good. Other than that it is a pretty good school.

Tanglewood Elementary School 1

Posted April 17, 2013
Have had my children at this school since relocating to Florida almost 3 years ago. As with any school there are good teachers and bad teachers but I have nothing good to say about this administration or teachers. Considering I have a close source to this school, the staff is sub-par all around. For a majority they do not care about the way their students are treated by other children, how they perform, or what some staff members say about their students on social networks. Having been moved around a lot when I was young I was looking forward to not having to do this with my own children, unfortunately this school gave us no choice. Word to the wise stay away from Tanglewood Elementary, the school is viewed in the community as one that used to be a school you wanted your children to be, now it is nothing more than an adult country club for teachers that need to understand teaching is more than a degree, it is a commitment to our children.

Posted February 12, 2013
I am very happy and thankful for the great progress that my son is making. For that I will like to thank you very much. I can see that Mss. Savage hard work and teaching on my son are productive, I very much enjoy the way she teaching my son. To conclude I would like to say I am very proud Dad for choose Tanglewood Elementary School for my son . We are very fortunate to have an amazing team at Tanglewood who are passionate in what they do and care deeply about their students.

Tanglewood Elementary School 4

Posted December 21, 2012
My son is half way through his kindergarten year at Tanglewood, and we are very pleased. We adore his teacher, Lori Sanger, and have several friends with kindergarteners in other classes. I've heard nothing but good from them as well. I appreciate how Mrs. Sanger mixes in fun with the academics. Kindergarten has so many academic requirements these days, the fun of learning can be lost. But Mrs. Sanger doesn't let it get lost. And we are just thrilled with my son's learning and progress. The office staff is friendly and helpful. I haven't had much contact with the principal, but Mr. Musich, the vp, is joy. We just love the homey feel of the school. There is also a very active PTA. My daughter will be at the school next year, and I just couldn't be happier knowing what a good school both my kids will have.

Posted October 28, 2012
Both my children (10 and 8 years old) are going on their third year at Tanglewood. They have had excellent teachers who were always concerned and had my children's best interests in mind. All their teachers have been very professional and personable. I feel my children are getting an excellent education at Tanglewood and they also get good activities between track, PE, music, art and computer. The homework is reasonable. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted March 27, 2012
My daughter is in 1st grade at TWES and I can't say enough about this school. Her teacher Ms. Gentile is an amazing teacher. My daughter used to cry every Sunday night knowing she had school in the morning, now she can't wait to go back after the weekend. The office staff is very helpful to both parent and students' needs. It's nice to see Shelby and Marisol always smiling and eager to help or answer any questions parents may have (they are the only two I have met so far, but I'm sure everyone is as welcoming as they are). I can say I am more than pleased with this school. I am happy knowing that my daughter is in good hands and in a safe school. I can't wait for my youngest to start K next year and be coming home as happy as my oldest does now. I'm proud of my daughter's progress and that my kids are and will continue to be TWES students.

Posted February 16, 2012
My son is in second grade at Tanglewood. We are extremely pleased. The teachers are excellent. I love that the front office staff knows every child by name. They take the time to speak to each one and get to know them. The school is very safety conscious which I really appreciate. I don't agree with the parents who thought there was too much homework. Yes there is homework but I can't remember when it's ever taken my son more than 30 minutes to do and usually its much less than that. I am extrememly pleased that both the art and music programs are full time this year. There are also new strings and choral programs. The PTA is active and involved. They raise funds to support field trips, classroom supplies, art, music and PE erichment and library books to name a few projects.

Tanglewood Elementary School
1620 Manchester Boulevard, Fort Myers, FL  33919
Last modified Tanglewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tanglewood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top