753 students|Lee

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

There is a reason why the test scores have continued to drop at this school.

Amount of homework: Disagree

It may just be certain teachers but when a child has to spend 2 hrs when they get home doing work, that's WAY TOO MUCH!! They have already spent 6 hrs at school. When is a kid allowed to be a kid when they have 2 hrs of work each night??

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No way!!! They pick and choose who gets treated better at Tanglewood and it's not supposed to be like that. They are there to provide an education and additional services to the children who are entitled to them by the state of FL. They are lacking in so many areas!

Our boys went to Tanglewood and we were extremely happy with this school. Great teachers, great learning environment, great everything! I highly recommend this school!

Tangle wood apparently does not care about bullying.Instead of Mr Wips protecting the privacy of the student being bullied he tells the students who are bullying her that she was the one that told on them and calls my Granddaughter a Liar in front of them.She's an Honor roll student and this is affecting her grades.I will definitely get this in the news as soon as possible if something is not done about this problem.It is escalating now to physical bullying not just verbally or mentally. I'll tell you this I suggest you Mr Wips nip this in the butt as soon as possible or I will have a lawyer present next time I go to the school.Just yesterday my Grandaughter was pulled down and scratched on the arm.Mr Wip says she's not being bullied she's just being teased.? I have this to say to you Mr Wip you and the principal need to Review your guidelines what happened to safety first and respect? .Remember God sees everything and Karma does not sleep.You will have a whole lot of legal problems if my Graddaughter ends up hurt.STOP THE BULLYING!!!!!!!!!

Tanglewood Elementary is an amazing school. My oldest child was there from Kindergarten all the way through 5th grade and was beyond prepared for Middle School this year. My second child is in 3rd grade and having a wonderful experience there as well. I can't wait for my youngest to start at Tanglewood. The teachers there go above and beyond in every way. The communication from both teachers and administrators to the parents is frequent, which I love! Contrary to a post from a few years ago on this site (and I believe that was under different administration), volunteers are welcomed and encouraged. In fact, they have a volunteer appreciation breakfast every year. Parents are welcome to walk their children to class and staff always greet parents with smiling faces. If you are looking for a small, family-style school where your child will be loved and receive a well-rounded education....look no further!

This school is simply amazing. The teachers and staff are extremely professional and dedicated. The PTA is very involved and work together with the staff to create fun events that benefit the students of Tanglewood. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Labeling Students. When students are labeled in a negative way, that stays with them. It happens from the beginning of the school year. The students that carry on the label of talking to much or disrupting the class in the past year always sit near the teachers. They are labeled before they even start. I would like to see them start to give some of these students a chance and praise them when they do good. Other than that it is a pretty good school.

Have had my children at this school since relocating to Florida almost 3 years ago. As with any school there are good teachers and bad teachers but I have nothing good to say about this administration or teachers. Considering I have a close source to this school, the staff is sub-par all around. For a majority they do not care about the way their students are treated by other children, how they perform, or what some staff members say about their students on social networks. Having been moved around a lot when I was young I was looking forward to not having to do this with my own children, unfortunately this school gave us no choice. Word to the wise stay away from Tanglewood Elementary, the school is viewed in the community as one that used to be a school you wanted your children to be, now it is nothing more than an adult country club for teachers that need to understand teaching is more than a degree, it is a commitment to our children.

I am very happy and thankful for the great progress that my son is making. For that I will like to thank you very much. I can see that Mss. Savage hard work and teaching on my son are productive, I very much enjoy the way she teaching my son. To conclude I would like to say I am very proud Dad for choose Tanglewood Elementary School for my son . We are very fortunate to have an amazing team at Tanglewood who are passionate in what they do and care deeply about their students.

Last modified Tanglewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.