Fort Myers, FL
Students enrolled: 1,942

Riverdale High School 5

Posted September 02, 2014
IB Program is top notch. Like any public schools, it is not without it's shortcomings, but the staff seems to care and the sports programs are improving. Overall, the IB program is what gets Riverdale the 5 stars.

Riverdale High School 4

Posted May 07, 2006
My grandaughter attends Riverdale. She is happy there, but is ambivalent about her teachers. She likes some, but is struggling in some courses and says the teachers won't help at all. The school seems to offer a variety of activities, but it is difficult for students whose parents work and cannot pick them up after school hours. She has joined some, but had to drop out because of transportation problems. Overall, however, my grandaughter likes Riverdale, and does not want to change schools. They seem pretty relaxed with dress codes, etc, which is a relief from middle school paranoia about clothes. The school spirit is good, and her friends all seem to be in agreement that Riverdale is their choice in Lee County. It is a rural, attitude among some students, but has a diverse student population that balances that out.

Riverdale High School 3

Posted March 22, 2006
My child started Riverdale this year in the new IB program. Thus far, I have not been overly pleased with the quality of teaching. Furthermore, most of the teachers were unresponsive to my requests for updates on my child's progress. The overall quality of my child's education at Riverdale is lackluster at best. The sports programs lack qualified coaches with the exception of wrestling and football. I hate to sound so negative, but I believe there is much room for improvement at this school.

Riverdale High School 4

Posted October 20, 2003
Riverdale High School is a great place to learn. my child has excelled in her curricular studies since entering this school last year as a freshman. She is now a sophomore and is doing great. I feel my child is safe when attending this shool. They offer great extra curricular oppurtunities. The teachers do their best to make sure the students understand what is being taught and also to make sure the students are being treated fairly and with respect. I would definetly recommend this school to other parents and students.

Riverdale High School
2600 Buckingham Road, Fort Myers, FL  33905
Last modified Riverdale High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverdale High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top