Bishop Verot Catholic High School 1

Posted April 26, 2014
I am a student at Verot and I just want to say please, if you care about enjoying high school, do not go here. I moved here from out of state and was excited about this school because I thought it would have a family vibe (it's very small) and they made it sound like so much fun and a positive experience. I have hated it so much. The people here are very judgemental towards everyone and everyone creates drama and knows everyone's business. If you have any personal information that you tell anyone, it doesn't matter how trustworthy you think your friends are, the whole school will know immediately. The discipline here is ridiculous. You get detentions if your shirt isn't tucked in or if you don't have a belt. I got 5 detentions one time because (and I am dead serious) a teacher said my sweater wasn't ugly enough on Ugly Sweater Day. Another student got a demerit (3 detentions and a Saturday detention) for accidently cutting off a teacher while driving outside of school. They also take every opportunity to take your money. You have to pay for detentions and are required to buy shirts and stuff. And there are no freedoms at all. No freedom of speech, nothing. Please do not go here.

Posted March 28, 2014
Bishop Verot stands head and shoulders above any school in this area - and most schools in general. Here is what you won't find a Verot: Bullying, dope, political correctness, diversity politics, secular material worship, an empty curriculum. What you will find: positive supporte in ALL endeavors, American values, collge core curriculum that focuses on traditional studies, faculty that are strong in their discipl;ines and actually care, extracurricular activies above par, a "community" of parents, teachers, students and alumni that want your child to succeed and will do all they can to help in every way. If this sounds impossible - go vist Verot and be ready to be shocked that any school can still hold the values you grew up with in today's sex, dope and PC craven world.

Posted August 15, 2013
Verot is an excellent school with a positive learning environment and very caring teachers and administration. During my son's freshman year, I recall him telling his public school friends (who were comparing the number of fights at school) that there had not been any fights at Verot because "the kids are just happy there." What a nice thing to hear as a parent. My son ran into a few challenges during the year, and the staff and administration went out of their way to help and encourage him (and me). I felt that the school really cared about my son. This year, moving into my son's sophomore year, I appreciate that the school placed my son in classes and with teachers based on what they felt would be the best "match" for him, taking into account his abilities and personality. I love this school. I'm looking forward to a great sophomore year for my son.

Posted September 13, 2012
My daughter is a Freshman at Verot this year and without a doubt loves school. As parents, we struggled with how we were going to pay for it after paying for private tuition since Kindergarten and another child in private school.We knew in our hearts it was the right choice so we were were willing to make the sacrifice. It has been worth every penny. The staff is friendly, eager to assist, and the teachers dedicated to their students. Their mandatory tutorial for teachers 230 to 3pm has been such a help for my child. The school has a wide variety of clubs and ways for all students to get involved. At the first home Varsity football game, I was amazed at the Viking Spirit from the staff, students, and parents. The education is great but it is all the faith formation each student is given that impresses me everyday. I thought it was wonderful that the Seniors did not harass the incoming freshman but welcomed them with open arms including decorating their lockers before school started. The Freshman Retreat weekend with the Seniors was an amazing experience. Our family could not be happier with our choice and excited for another Viking student to start in 3 years.

Posted September 11, 2012
As an alum, parent, and volunteer, I've experienced Bishop Verot from several different perspectives. My personal experience as a student in the 80s helped set me up for success in college and in my profession, not to mention providing a positive, faith-based environment for learning. The tradition continues today - stronger than ever. You just get a positive feeling when you walk through the campus, see the students and faculty interacting, or attend a sports, theater or fundraising event. My daughter is a recent graduate who received many scholarship offers and is now doing well in college, and my son is a current student. We are all proud to say we are Vikings!

Posted September 08, 2012
We moved from the east coast to Fort Myers. We didn't know anybody in this area. I did all my research about schools online. In BVHS we found a great school and wonderful friends. My son had a wonderful high school experience, graduated was honors and is attending a great college. While he was there, BVHS was chosen among the top 50 Catholic High Schools in America. No matter he already graduated he will always be a Viking and proud of it And so are we!!!

Posted September 07, 2012
Upon learning that were were going to be moving to SW FL, we brought our children down to see the schools. Once seeing Bishop Verot, our daughter immediately decided this was the school she wanted to attend. The staff, teachers & students were very helpful, friendly & made her feel welcome instantly. My husband & I toured the school with our children & were impressed with the small class sizes & the curriculum offered at Bishop Verot as well as the athletics & clubs available for the students. We especially like the commitment of the teachers & staff to the students success. I don't know of any other school where the teachers stay 30 mins after the final bell for tutorial. Our daughter was nervous on her 1st day of her freshman year in HS, especially being brand new to the area & knowing no one, but came home very happy. She told us she was SO glad that she chose BV because she absolutely LOVES being there. She made a ton of new friends, both freshman & upperclassmen, & felt like she really belongs. She has adjusted quickly to the amount of work given & is doing great in school. We couldn't be happier with our decision & look forward to our son attending BV in 2 years.

Posted September 07, 2012
Bishop Verot was the best experience my two kids had in their life. We are so proud to be part of the school family !!

Posted September 07, 2012
A year ago we began our search for a high school. I couldnt be happier that we chose Bishop Verot. Only 1 month into the school year and we are very pleased. There is a strong sense of community and belonging that its atmosphere provides. Parents who have already been apart of Bishop Verot are welcoming to the new families and the students are friendly and respectful.

Posted September 06, 2012
My son is a freshman this year and he loves Bishop Verot. He feels like he belongs to a community because there is true spirit throughout the school. His teachers are great and he is eager to get to school early everyday to have breakfast with friends. He struggled in middle school and was not motivated to do well. At Verot, he is challenged to do his best and good grades are encouraged. I love the discipline and high standards that are expected. I wanted a school that was small enough to give him individual attention yet have all the benefits of a "real" high school with sports, activities..etc. Bishop Verot has all this and plenty more.

Bishop Verot Catholic High School
5598 Sunrise Drive, Fort Myers, FL  33919
Last modified Bishop Verot Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Bishop Verot Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top