Posted June 21, 2011
Our family could not be happier with the environment at Saint Francis! We have twins in VPK and another child in kindergarten and to say we were worried when the kids started this year would be an understatement. Being from up North, the environment seemed so different and we just weren't sure we would be happy but boy were we WRONG! Saint Francis does an incredible job of creating a "family" and the way the children are cared for is above and beyond. We were endlessly surprised by just how many staff members knew our children, their names, and made it a point to interact with them. They also integrate the older children with the younger ones at every opportunity which gives the little ones confidence because they have "big friends" at school and it teaches the older children kindness and patience. All of this is done with The Faith being the primary theme that runs throughout everything. Couple the wonderful environment with strong academics and you have an amazing school that will create for your children a strong foundation for all their future endeavors.

Posted June 17, 2011
This was our first year at St. Francis Xavier and we couldn't be happier! We were new to the area and were so disappointed at our school options until we found this school. Our twins were in Kindergarten and I am still amazed at how much they learned. They read so well, more than I was expecting, and they love school. Their teacher and aide were so great. I was the nervous mom leaving them for a full day of school and they were fantastic to our family. There is a feeling of community, from the administration, from the students, and from the parents. It strengthens our faith within our family, the kids teach us new prayers and they really enjoy what they learn. If we didn't find this school, I don't believe we would still be living in Florida, we would be back in New England. I am happy to say, I think we will be here for a long time.

Posted August 28, 2010
We have a daughter in 8th grade this year. I asked her the second week of school while she was getting ready (6:45a) "Do you like school?" without hesitation she answered, "Yep!" Knowing not only that she is getting an excellent education, her faith is nurtured and grows daily at St. Francis, her happiness as well as ours as parents is more than we expected when enrolling her all those years ago. We're on our last year at St. Francis, I've been teared up already knowing this wonderful blessing is coming to an end. The last day of school will be the close of a beautiful chapter for us, we are forever grateful to God for leading us here and for the teachers and staff at St. Francis. :)

Posted May 19, 2010
We could not be more pleased with the overall experience at St. Francis Xavier School. Our son is in the VPK program and has received outstanding care and compassion from his teachers, administration and volunteers. I have been invited to participate in the classroom on a weekly basis and have personally witnessed the individualized attention and guidance that each child receives, as the teachers recognize their different development needs. It is reassuring to me as a parent to know that my son is being treated with such concern and dignity. It is refreshing to me as a mental health professional to know that children are being groomed to become empathic, loving and responsible young adults.

Posted May 07, 2010
All five of our children and now grandchildren have attended St. Francis School and we are happy with the decision. The faith-based curriculum reinforced our teachings at home. An average St Francis pupil can be distinguished readily from that of other schools by their decorum. It also has helped them to compete very well academically in all subjects in the higher school years. Our grandchildren are now attending St Francis. We are very confident that they will receive the discipline, the faith and the academic lessons and the care that we have witnessed.

Posted March 03, 2010
We are blessed to be part of St. Francis Xavier. We have children in 2nd grade and in the VPK program, and they both love school, love their teachers, and the administrators. They are developing a love of learning and of school at a young age. Recently, there have been a few days when I thought my younger child might want to stay home and rest, just because she didn't seem like she was feeling 100%...and as soon as I would ask her if she wanted to stay home, she immediately perked up and wanted to go to school! And then a few days ago, my two children spent over an hour sitting together, reading and pretending to be their teachers! My oldest did most of the reading, but there were a few books that my 4 year old tried to read. One was a Dr. Seuss book and she was doing so well with it! We could not be happier with this school we are so thankful!

Posted January 22, 2010
We have two children attending Saint Francis. Our daughter is in first grade and our son is in the VPK program. From our daughter's first pre-k interviews we were welcomed with open arms. She had amazing kindergarten teachers who were perfect for an introduction into school. As a first grader she loves to read and is greatly motivated by the Accelerated Reader program. Our son is in the VPK program and absolutely loves it! He has learned so much from his wonderful teachers. He even asks to go to school on the weekends! As a 4-year old he is spelling phonetically and sounding out words. We love that they are learning daily about our faith and they are encouraged to live the school motto to 'Be Like Christ'. The extra curricular activities are top-notch. It is like a big extended family and we love being so involved with the school!

Posted October 26, 2009
The main priority for our children is to get the best Catholic education alongside stellar academics, and St. Francis has fulfilled this need indeed! The moment you enter the doors of this school, whether you are a student or a parent, you are made to feel welcome. Our two children who are in grades 5 and 7, have always felt happiest in this school ever since they first walked in as kindergarteners. As parents, we want our children to be in a safe, learning and faith-filled environment and this is the place for them to grow, be academically challenged without a doubt, and be reminded of the school motto and live it: 'Be Like Christ.' Thank you to all the wonderful staff and teachers that we have entrusted our children to. Thank you for your dedication and support!

Saint Francis Xavier 4

Posted September 20, 2009
Great school! We are blessed that we were able to send our children. They attended from Kindergarten through 8th grade. It's not perfect, but what is? Our children received strong academics in every grade. Religious instruction that made it easy to carry forward at home. The administration cares for the children and a strong sense of family and dedication is evident when you walk through the door. The extracurricular activities are abundant and their is pride in the work done by children and teachers. If you're contemplating a private school education your child will be well prepared by attending St. Francis

Posted August 23, 2009
Seeing grandchildren grow in knowledge and faith thanks to the teachers at St. Francis is a true blessing. Those associated with Catholic Education understand the unique personal grace it can bring to a willing student. To know that your grandchildren have that opportunity in our St. Francis community is special indeed.

Saint Francis Xavier
2055 Heitman St, Fort Myers, FL  33901
Last modified Saint Francis Xavier is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Saint Francis Xavier Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 54 reviews.