St Michael Lutheran School 1

Posted March 18, 2012
Saint Michaels is a terrible schools there is so much bullying by higher income students if you dont meet their standards.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 04, 2012
On a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being the highest, I would rate St. Michael Lutheran School a 10! Without a doubt they are amazing. This has become more than just a school for my kids, its like they are family now. The staff connects with them and I can see that they REALLY care about each child and their specific needs. The best decision we have made for our children is sending them to St. Michaels'. -A.B.

Posted September 26, 2011
At St. Michael Lutheran School I feel like family. I love the high quality education that my children are receiving and the constant communication with me. I as a worried parent want to make sure that my child is doing the best they possibly can, and with the communication between faculty,staff, and myself they update me and inform me on my child's progress. I am really thankful for this great Christian education. - S.N.

Posted August 16, 2011
St. Michael Lutheran has been my child's school for one year now, and we are very happy with our choice. There is great communication between the staff and our family on performance and progress, and they have great courses available. St. Michael Lutheran has a very family-like atmosphere which is great for both the children, and their families. - Julia N.

Posted July 09, 2011
My daughter is currentlyin the IB Program at Fort Myers High School. She is a junior and has consistently maintained a 4.3 GPA. We feel that her Saint Michael history has led her to such successes. The academics were challenging and rewarding. She excels in math and english and feels that the SMLS teachers were wonderful in teaching her important concepts and study skills in those areas. She is also active in volleyball and soccer, another love she developed while at SMLS. My son is currently enrolled at SMLS. He loves his friends, teachers and the athletic program (basketball, soccer and golf).

Posted June 27, 2011
St. Michael's School has been an amazing experience for our family. We switched schools from a previous private school and had our son repeat kindergarten here at St. Michael's. I can't say what a different experience we had here at St. Michael's and how our son really thrived this time around in kindergarten. The curriculum was a change and a good change for our son. It has been a great overall change for our family, because we also put our daughter at the same school. Our daughter was only 3 at the time and St. Michael's provides a pre-K 3 program which is just an added bonus for a stepping stone into kindergarten. Their teachers also are degreed teachers and it shows with how much my daughter learned this year. It is nice to be able to take both of my kids to the same school and know they are getting a great education and in awesome hands of Christian teachers! We love St. Michael's and look forward to our next 8-10 years with them. - Julia N.

Posted May 25, 2011
My child's first year at St. Michael has been wonderful. He has learned a lot of skills and has become a well-rounded student. His teacher keeps the parents well informed on the events taking place at the school. She is a very friendly, open-minded, christian who cares deeply about her students. I wish all teachers had the passion for teaching like she does. My son will truly miss her next year. St. Michael is a top notch school who offers children a variey of activities and curricular skills. - Tonya K.

Posted June 29, 2009
St. Michael has been such an asset to my child in preparing him for high school and now college. Science and math are his favorite subjects and the teaching staff at SMLS really pushed him to even higher academic standards. He just graduated as valedictorian of his high school class and has a full ride scholarship to an Ivy league school in the fall. My daughter has also excelled at St. Michael academically and was a volleyball player too. The volleyball team at St Michael was a real insperation to motivate her in school and the coaches were second to none that we have ever had for our children. Our daughter maintains a 3.9 in high school and will be attending Penn next fall. Thank you St Michael for building a great foundation for our children.

St Michael Lutheran School 2

Posted November 02, 2008
Class size is comparable to/if not more than public schools. The Middle School science program is severely lacking. The teacher expects students to teach themselves the material. Teachers, in general, are spread far too thin. Organization is a huge issue, especially when it comes to homework. Homework is a tool that serves to cement and reinforce what is learned that day. Unfortunately, it accounts for most of the students grade. The weekly Bible verse memorization serves no value. The band/music program is the only area of strength the school possesses. For the amount of money invested, very little is gained in return. We will be moving our child out next year

St Michael Lutheran School 1

Posted November 02, 2008
Class size far exceeds that recommended for the price of the tuition. Curriculum lacks severely in the Sciences in the Middle School. The sciences should be taught daily and if you wish to teach religion daily just make sure you are supporting the core courses as well. Very disappointed in this aspect of the school. Teachers rating: Fair (a few teachers that are no longer effective-and should retire) Student:Teacher Ratio: Exceeds Public school Tuition: Far Too expensive for the Student/Teacher ratio. Parental support: Good. Rely on parental contributions Classroom size: Crowded and not adequate storage area for student belongings Facilities: Out-dated and not equipped for the number of children.
2 people found this helpful

St Michael Lutheran School
3595 Broadway, Fort Myers, FL  33901
Last modified St Michael Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Michael Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top