PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Over the last couple of years, the quality of teaching in the high school has declined significantly. Many of the teachers do a very poor job updating homework on RenWeb and a poor job updating grades on RenWeb, making it difficult for parents and students to know where the student stands. In some cases, a student may be taking a test without prior tests having been graded. They hold the students more accountable then the teachers. The athletic program has dropped significantly. The men's football and basketball programs have dropped off significantly and are riddled with politics. They have lost many good athletes and students as a result, but they tend to blame the students rather than accepting responsibility for their inability to reach and impact the children.

Supports LD students: Disagree

The school is not equipped to handle children with learning differences and will not accommodate those with ADHD or other special needs

Effective school leaders: Neutral

Leadership is generally good, but at times seems to look for reasons to crack down on the children, creating frustration over minor infractions. There is a trend to hire family members which can create problems. If a student has issues with one family member, the problem can then impact multiple classes

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

The teachers seem disorganized. Many classes seem to assign busy work and want the students to teach themselves. Some teachers do a poor job with classroom control, lashing out when things get out of hand. The teachers do not follow protocol about updating homework and grades

ECS is an absolutely amazing school. There are not enough words to describe how passionate and caring they all are for the students there. This is the only school my son has felt perfectly comfortable at to where every day he enjoys going to school. Outstanding teachers and an outstanding curriculum to follow. ECS is not only a wonderful school to attend but they also have an amazing connection with the Lord and teaches our children the same.

Best school EVER! I have been here for 17 years as a parent of ECS students. NONE better than a Sentinel

Develops character: Disagree

The administration is not honest, full of integrity or fair. How can they teach it to kids ?

My child was at a Christian school for eight years when we decided to make the move. ECS has been extremely disappointing. The admissions people oversell. There is a lack of communication between the members of the staff and then between the staff and parents. We had issues right off over commitments that were made at the time we decided to attend the school. We went to the lower school principal who was rude, did not resolve a thing and even distorted facts. I have a very bright, well behaved child and I would hate to think what would happen if you had to deal with this principal on any kind of regular basis. We moved on quickly but after we spent $2000 getting set up to go there. It was not for us. I would be very cautious with that school...very disappointed. Note many of the positive reviews have the same or close to the same date.

Amount of homework: no rating

We did not stick around long after our initial issues. I can't answer the question.

I LOVE this school! I had my children at another private school in town and made the switch to ECS a couple of years ago. I have never looked back! My children are loved, and challenged academically! They have been provided with so many opportunities for growth spiritually, socially, and academically! The teachers are incredible and truly care for the children in their classrooms. Thank you ECS for partnering with my husband and I to raise Godly, intelligent young men.

Last modified Evangelical Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12