No rating

Southwest Florida Christian Academy

Private | K-12 | 500 students

Training Christian Leaders

Living in Fort Myers

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $120,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $900.

Posted June 25, 2014

SFCA is a wonderful school! I am a product of SFCA. I started there in the 4th grade and continued until graduation. I am currently an educator myself and know the difference between a good school and a great school. SFCA is a great school. It prepared me not only academically, but also spiritually, emotionally and socially. SFCA is concerned not only with academics, which is rigorous, but with the student as a whole. They want their students to leave the school ready to face whatever challenges life may throw at them, with a biblically sound foundation. The teachers are qualified and caring, the curriculum challenging and the social climate wonderful. They want you to have every opportunity. Attending SFCA were some of the happiest years of my life and I honestly cannot imagine where I would be now without the influence of this school in my life. Thank you SFCA!

Posted January 30, 2014

I believe SFCA provides the best Christian education in the SWFL area. I am a university professor and a proud grandparent whose grandchildren attend there.

Posted January 23, 2014

SFCA has been an amazing place for my girls to attend school. They have been at SFCA since elementary school and they have been nurtured and loved every step of the way. They are involved in everything from sports to fine arts after school and have grown leaps and bounds in both programs. I have never had a problem talking to a teacher or getting answers when I have questions. The spiritual atmosphere is sweet and Christ-honoring. I have had the privilege to sit in on chapel services where students are encouraged to worship and are taught straight from the Word of God, not someone's opinion. The curriculum is rigorous and has well prepared both of my girls for college. They have both been accepted already to out of state universities. We LOVE SFCA!!!!

Posted January 22, 2014

I LOVE THIS SCHOOL! Both of my daughters attend SFCA and have been there since kindergarten. I cannot imagine them anywhere else! The teachers, administration and other staff provide a safe, caring and academically challenging environment. The campus is amazing, as well, I love how the teachers are creative and use different teaching styles and technology in the classroom. I know my daughters are right where God wants them to be! What a privilege and blessing it is to be a part of a school family that puts God first in all they do! Thank you, SFCA, for preparing my daughters for their future!

Posted August 1, 2013

I would not recommend anyone send their child to this school. The education provided is sub-par. The current administration does not seem interested in creating an atmosphere to help students maximize their potential. Administration does not communicate with parents, and does not want to be held accountable for any decisions. The disciplinary system is a nightmare, with punishments levied in an arbitrary matter. The same act can be classified in multiple different ways and met with significantly different punishments, depending on the administration's personal feelings towards the student. The prior evaluation referencing students being called in to confess without knowing what they are accused of is accurate; although, in reality, it understates the nature of what is, at best, a system of interrogating students. A true Christian school looks to minister to and help their students. In my opinion, the administration of SFCA is of the mindset they should be ministered to by the students and parents. Many of the parents who have left their students in the upper and middle school, have only done so because uprooting a child from their friends is difficult.

Posted July 10, 2013

I fell in love with this school when I first came here and was blessed to have such wonderful teachers that cared and loved me. Who stayed after class with me, even when they had papers to grade. Also the administration and guidance counselors all are so caring and want to get to know you better,b. They are so godly in everything they do, especially when being disciplined they would take there time by telling me they forgive me and that nobody is perfect which down the rode has helped shape me to the person I am today. Its sad to hear people say negative things about the school when the don't see the SFCA that I see. Yah no school is perfect and not every day is a great day, but in the end if it wasn't for this school and the people that have been placed in my life these past few years I have know idea were I would be today and who I would be today. God is very present in the student body and it feels good going to a school were teachers, administration, and other students care about one another.I couldn't imagine my life with out this school!Thanks SFCA I'll miss you!

Posted July 9, 2013

At one time, SFCA held great potential, but the current administration is quickly ruining all prospects. There are some excellent teachers at the school, especially in the high school, but they are crippled with incredibly poor curriculums-chosen by the administration. The push for the athletic department has severely taken away from the music and arts program (the drama department has ceased to exist for many years now). Also, administration rarely (if ever) brings parents into important issues and drastic school changes. The disciplinary system is horrifying; sometimes children are brought into the office and ordered to confess without even an explanation of what they have been accused. There have been several of these cases just from 2011-2013. The spiritual condition of SFCA has since fallen into a legalistic, strongly Southern Baptist state. It honestly saddens me to offer such criticism towards a "Christian" organization, though it's better to know of these things before placing your children into it. "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Posted July 8, 2013

SFCA's administration does not hold to their mission statement. They do not partner with parents and nothing about their conduct echoes "Christian" ! Keeping parents out of the loop not only regarding serious situations with their children but major school changes! It's very unfortunate as the parents and students are wonderful and, almost to a fault, loyal!! The lower elementary school has wonderful teachers! Upper elementary (5th grade+) and middle school teaching staff leave something to be desired!

Posted April 13, 2013

The education is great. But the administration is horrible. I had a teacher tell me when I was going through stage 3 cancer, "the school was already too accommodating me due to my condition" what? I told him I am fighting for my life and this is what you have to say to me. I even told the High School Principal this, sorry that left a bad taste in your mouth, she says. I hope they never have to go through what I have been through. Plus your are a Christain school and that's what you say? There are plenty of other examples, but this is clearly a school that just wants the money and says they are Christain.

Posted April 25, 2011

WOW!! As a parent of two children at this school (high school and middle school), I cannot even begin to express our gratitude to God for leading us to SFCA. The teachers are very loving to our children, yet they challenge them both spiritually and academically everyday. I have the ability to be kept in the loop on my children s progress, and I'm confident that my children are being trained up to be future leaders. I have seen the test scores and know that SFCA exceeds, or is comparable to, academically the private schools in Lee County (not just the public schools). It's not in a questionable unsafe neighborhood, nor do their teachers behave contrary to what they are teaching. In addition, the new leadership to the school is second to none. Their, athletic program competitive and is growing every day, and the coaches stress glorifying Christ before anything else. If you re not at SFCA you are missing out in something good and God honoring.

Posted July 11, 2010

I absolutely love SFCA! It has been a wonderful blessing to the whole family! The education is great!!! The teachers and staff are warm and friendly!

Posted April 12, 2010

As an educator, I will say that there are many fine teachers at SFCA. They also benefit from sharing facilities with Mcgregor Baptist Church. However a series of events have caused me to question the integrity and professionalism of the administration. Spiritually, the school has much to offer. Unfortunately the same cannot be said in regards to academics. Team that with leadership that is not accountable and won't tolerate constructive criticism and you may want to save yourself the headache and the money!

Posted April 1, 2010

This is one of the best schools around. My kids love it. It has a growing sports and arts program which everyone is able to participate. The administration is the best I've ever encountered and the teachers are there for the kids and provide a great Christian example. Don't let these bogus bogus reviews fool you. Come check it out for yourself.

Posted February 8, 2010

I can't say enough good about SFCA. It is a wonderful place to partner with other Christians to raise your family. If you are looking for a safe place with good values being taught in accordance with high academics - you will find it all at SFCA.

Posted June 24, 2009

SFCA is a wonderful school with great opportunities for the students. The teachers spend time getting to know the students, and helping them. My son just completed his freshman year. He absolutely thrived.

Posted May 5, 2009

SFCA is an outstanding school if you are looking for a challenging program in a loving, Christian environment. Both of my children have attended since kindergarten and are actively involved in both the sports program and the arts. The teachers and coaches invest so much of their time in the lives of my kids. The staff and administration are highly qualified individuals who have a passion for not only educating kids academically, but socially and spiritually. The recent addition of their state of the art gym facility and academic building have truly enhanced the program and are exciting to see as a parent. My kids will definitely be graduating from this program.

Posted February 17, 2009

We just moved to Florida and enrolled our children at SFCA. I can't say enough about how nice and caring the teachers and staff seem to be. They truly are concerned about the success of each child there and offer extra time and assistance if needed. As a teacher myself, I was personally impressed with the rigorous curriculum. After researching many schools locally, SFCA was ahead academically compared to a number of public, charter and other private schools we looked at. The school has a great atmosphere and the fact that they teach about the Bible is just as important to us as anything else. The children are taught to be nice to one another, and respect other people. They have a growing sports program and an outstanding fine arts program! We are so happy to have found SFCA!

Posted October 21, 2008

I currently have four students in SFCA and I cannot imagine them being in a better place. They put spiritual growth first (and for that I am extremely grateful). They have an extremely strong academic program, and they have an incredible fine arts program. It is great to be an SFCA King!

Posted October 16, 2008

It has been my privilege to teach at SFCA for several years and I have never worked with a finer staff or student body. There is a genuine care and concern academically and spiritually for every child and a desire to honor Christ in all that's done.

Posted October 8, 2008

I am very excited and honored to be a part of SFCA. The school is definitely working every day to fulfill its mission statement: 'As a ministry of McGregor Baptist Church, Southwest Florida Christian Academy will partner with Christian parents in providing their children with a distinctively biblical and academically excellent education that will equip students to be godly leaders and to successfully engage the culture for Christ.'

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

College readiness and student pathways

Percentage of students going to 4-year college 97% (2013)
Percentage of students going to the military 3% (2013)
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
College counselor(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
Nurse(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
School social worker/counselors(s)
Security personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Academic/Athletic (2013)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• Community college courses
  • SAT/ACT prep classes
Clubs
  • National Honor Society

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Lisa Kleinmann
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Website
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Extended/longer school day
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Associations

• Advanced placement courses
  • College prep
  • Honors track
  • STEM
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Security personnel
  • Music room
  • Performance stage
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Christian Chamber

Media arts
  • Graphics
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Community service
  • Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)
  • National Honor Society
  • Student Leadership Academy
  • Student council/government
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school does not have a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Athletic Booster Club
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Planning ahead

College preparation / awareness offered
SAT/ACT prep classes
Community college courses
College presentations or information sessions
College prep programs/courses during the year
Students' post-graduation plans in 2013