K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

SFCA uses the biblical model to help students rise to a high standard. They strive to help students meet that standard with grace and compassion.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers strive to teach students by how they learn best (visual, written, auditory). They aim to help students succeed.

Amount of homework: Agree

My children all have age appropriate amounts of homework. Teachers don't give excessive amounts of homework, but they do expect any classwork not completed in class to be completed at home along with homework. I have rarely experienced that with my children though as there seems to be ample time in class to complete their work.

As a parent with 3 children in both elementary and middle school grades, I've always found the teachers very helpful, giving honest assessments, whenever the kids need extra help. Teachers set a high standard that I've enjoyed watching my children rise to meet.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Treats you based on how much you donate, the richer kids get treated like gold, the middle class are treated very unfairly and they will do everything in their power to outcast you from the school.

Southwest Florida Christian Academy excels in all areas of education and development. The teachers and administration model dignity, compassion, sincerity and excellence in all that they do to prepare students to be the leaders of tomorrow!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Southwest Florida Christian Academy is a perfect example of the integration of academic excellence, spirituality, and social integrity.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My experience with SFCA spans a fifteen year period. I base my assessment on the amazing intellectual, spiritual, and social development that my three grandchildren have experienced at Southwest Florida Christian Academy. Two of those young adults have graduated and are pursuing their future careers at highly regarded colleges and universities. The third young woman will graduate SFCA this spring and has been accepted at all five of the colleges of her choice! To me, this speaks to the excellence and continuity of the staff and administration. Southwest Florida Christian Academy is a GREAT school!

I had 3 kids at SFCA. There is a lot of admin turnover, teacher turnover and quite a few first time teachers. It is very "clicky" amoung admin staff as well as students. Favoritism is given to those students whose parents are a part of those clicks. Because I didn't know any better, I convinced myself that all schools were this way. I was wrong. My kids are now at a different school and I don't see any preferential treatment, nor do teachers come and go like they did at SFC (my kids teachers have been at this new school more than 15 yrs each!). The most disappointing aspect was that my kids were straight A students at SFCA and all 3 were behind academically. All three had to catch up to thier grade level at thier new school. It's interesting to me that some of the staff at SFCA send their kids to my christian school....thier kids don't even attend SFCA. I absolutely would not recommend SFCA.

I am another product of SFCA and absolutely loved my time there. I attended SFCA K-12th grade. I was stretched and molded in my 13 years of attendance. I am now 2 years post-college graduation and extremely grateful for the teachers and staff that invested in me throughout my younger educational years. I feel that I was pushed to academic excellence. I was encouraged to excel in all areas of the school I participated in. I love that the school offered so many areas to get involved- athletics, student government, FCA, and student leadership institute were a few of my favorites. I would encourage everyone in SWFL looking to send their children to a Christ-centered school to check out SFCA!

Last modified Southwest Florida Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12