Fort Myers, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted June 25, 2014
SFCA is a wonderful school! I am a product of SFCA. I started there in the 4th grade and continued until graduation. I am currently an educator myself and know the difference between a good school and a great school. SFCA is a great school. It prepared me not only academically, but also spiritually, emotionally and socially. SFCA is concerned not only with academics, which is rigorous, but with the student as a whole. They want their students to leave the school ready to face whatever challenges life may throw at them, with a biblically sound foundation. The teachers are qualified and caring, the curriculum challenging and the social climate wonderful. They want you to have every opportunity. Attending SFCA were some of the happiest years of my life and I honestly cannot imagine where I would be now without the influence of this school in my life. Thank you SFCA!

Southwest Florida Christian Academy 4

Posted January 30, 2014
I believe SFCA provides the best Christian education in the SWFL area. I am a university professor and a proud grandparent whose grandchildren attend there.

Posted January 23, 2014
SFCA has been an amazing place for my girls to attend school. They have been at SFCA since elementary school and they have been nurtured and loved every step of the way. They are involved in everything from sports to fine arts after school and have grown leaps and bounds in both programs. I have never had a problem talking to a teacher or getting answers when I have questions. The spiritual atmosphere is sweet and Christ-honoring. I have had the privilege to sit in on chapel services where students are encouraged to worship and are taught straight from the Word of God, not someone's opinion. The curriculum is rigorous and has well prepared both of my girls for college. They have both been accepted already to out of state universities. We LOVE SFCA!!!!

Posted January 22, 2014
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL! Both of my daughters attend SFCA and have been there since kindergarten. I cannot imagine them anywhere else! The teachers, administration and other staff provide a safe, caring and academically challenging environment. The campus is amazing, as well, I love how the teachers are creative and use different teaching styles and technology in the classroom. I know my daughters are right where God wants them to be! What a privilege and blessing it is to be a part of a school family that puts God first in all they do! Thank you, SFCA, for preparing my daughters for their future!

Posted August 01, 2013
I would not recommend anyone send their child to this school. The education provided is sub-par. The current administration does not seem interested in creating an atmosphere to help students maximize their potential. Administration does not communicate with parents, and does not want to be held accountable for any decisions. The disciplinary system is a nightmare, with punishments levied in an arbitrary matter. The same act can be classified in multiple different ways and met with significantly different punishments, depending on the administration's personal feelings towards the student. The prior evaluation referencing students being called in to confess without knowing what they are accused of is accurate; although, in reality, it understates the nature of what is, at best, a system of interrogating students. A true Christian school looks to minister to and help their students. In my opinion, the administration of SFCA is of the mindset they should be ministered to by the students and parents. Many of the parents who have left their students in the upper and middle school, have only done so because uprooting a child from their friends is difficult.

Posted July 10, 2013
I fell in love with this school when I first came here and was blessed to have such wonderful teachers that cared and loved me. Who stayed after class with me, even when they had papers to grade. Also the administration and guidance counselors all are so caring and want to get to know you better,b. They are so godly in everything they do, especially when being disciplined they would take there time by telling me they forgive me and that nobody is perfect which down the rode has helped shape me to the person I am today. Its sad to hear people say negative things about the school when the don't see the SFCA that I see. Yah no school is perfect and not every day is a great day, but in the end if it wasn't for this school and the people that have been placed in my life these past few years I have know idea were I would be today and who I would be today. God is very present in the student body and it feels good going to a school were teachers, administration, and other students care about one another.I couldn't imagine my life with out this school!Thanks SFCA I'll miss you!

Posted July 09, 2013
At one time, SFCA held great potential, but the current administration is quickly ruining all prospects. There are some excellent teachers at the school, especially in the high school, but they are crippled with incredibly poor curriculums-chosen by the administration. The push for the athletic department has severely taken away from the music and arts program (the drama department has ceased to exist for many years now). Also, administration rarely (if ever) brings parents into important issues and drastic school changes. The disciplinary system is horrifying; sometimes children are brought into the office and ordered to confess without even an explanation of what they have been accused. There have been several of these cases just from 2011-2013. The spiritual condition of SFCA has since fallen into a legalistic, strongly Southern Baptist state. It honestly saddens me to offer such criticism towards a "Christian" organization, though it's better to know of these things before placing your children into it. "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Posted July 08, 2013
SFCA's administration does not hold to their mission statement. They do not partner with parents and nothing about their conduct echoes "Christian" ! Keeping parents out of the loop not only regarding serious situations with their children but major school changes! It's very unfortunate as the parents and students are wonderful and, almost to a fault, loyal!! The lower elementary school has wonderful teachers! Upper elementary (5th grade+) and middle school teaching staff leave something to be desired!

Southwest Florida Christian Academy 2

Posted April 13, 2013
The education is great. But the administration is horrible. I had a teacher tell me when I was going through stage 3 cancer, "the school was already too accommodating me due to my condition" what? I told him I am fighting for my life and this is what you have to say to me. I even told the High School Principal this, sorry that left a bad taste in your mouth, she says. I hope they never have to go through what I have been through. Plus your are a Christain school and that's what you say? There are plenty of other examples, but this is clearly a school that just wants the money and says they are Christain.

Posted April 25, 2011
WOW!! As a parent of two children at this school (high school and middle school), I cannot even begin to express our gratitude to God for leading us to SFCA. The teachers are very loving to our children, yet they challenge them both spiritually and academically everyday. I have the ability to be kept in the loop on my children s progress, and I'm confident that my children are being trained up to be future leaders. I have seen the test scores and know that SFCA exceeds, or is comparable to, academically the private schools in Lee County (not just the public schools). It's not in a questionable unsafe neighborhood, nor do their teachers behave contrary to what they are teaching. In addition, the new leadership to the school is second to none. Their, athletic program competitive and is growing every day, and the coaches stress glorifying Christ before anything else. If you re not at SFCA you are missing out in something good and God honoring.

Southwest Florida Christian Academy
3750 Colonial Boulevard, Fort Myers, FL  33966
Last modified Southwest Florida Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Southwest Florida Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top