1,340 students|Lee

Bad
Good

I had had a meeting with Ms. Sheard she's over ESE her standards she held in this meeting was unbelievable. I called Ms. Taylor to make a complaint I will be attending to this situation after mlk holiday.

I think the people who complain about dunbar are either too caught up in the poor neighborhood or is not there to learn. fights happen in any school, heck stuff happen in schools in good areas. Instead of talking bad about the school you need to find a school where you are comfortable, there are students lining up to get into the STEM program there and its not fair to be there and be unhappy when you could be making that space available for someone else.

As a student, i personaly dont like Dunbar at all. I feel like The teachers find favorites and only help them the remainder of the year. Im looking forward to switching.. i do not feel safe there was a fight where 5 people got arrested last quarter, and that worries me. The school is a bad school overall and i feel bad for the principle for running such aterrible school

I went to Dunbar my freshman year and truthfully it isn't as bad as people say it is. It get's a bad rap because of the area (The Dunbar area of Fort Myers) but it is truthfully a good school . The tech department is above and beyond, the teachers are nice and friendly, the Army JROTC unit is amazing and everything is pretty good. I miss the school and all it offered me.

This school is great in terms of the Academy for Technology Excellence, but the teachers couldn't be worse. The whole school is always focused on the "AVID" program, and all curriculum has been shaped to the program, even though only 30% of students are enrolled in the program. Also, this school focuses on college level work My son doesn't want to go to college, so this just impairs his success. It seems only fitting that college level work be given only in college, so this is not a good thing! On a more positive note, the Academy for Technology Excellence (ATE) is the best career education program I've EVER seen. The school has done very good with it. That is reason enough to attend this school.

i attended dunbar for the remaining quarter of the 2009-10 school year. in my opinion the school is the worst i have ever attended.first off the teachers barely payed atention to any of the students. this wasnt a problem to me considering i felt i was doing work on a 4th grade level, im pretty sure i know what syllabels are? the school is pretty dirty and the floors are very much scratched up. over all dunbar high is not a good place to learn. i am a white male and i also felt i didnt fit in at all due to the cold treatement of the students; i was looked at like i had 10 heads solely for the fact that i was white and didnt sag my pants or know what made up words meant like "nekid" or "swoll"

Dunbar High School is a very great choice of school to choose from. I am a graduate of Dunbar last year, and attended all 4 years. They strive for excellence out of the students. I was an Academy for Technology Excellence student and it was the best program I think this state has. Parents, Don't believe what kids say about Dunbar High School, unless it's good it's probably not true. We have the most discipline out of any school I have heard of in Lee County.

Dunbar has to be one of the est High Schools that i been to. I enjoy waking up and just going to a school where you feel like you belong. I love that fact that I feel like family in this school. This school is an amazing school to learn.

My son attended this school last year and I was very disatisfied with this school. I transfered him from Dunbar because the school did not meet up to my expectations. Yes the principle and teachers talked a good talk at open house but didn't produce the results that they claimed. Also the teachers never put any information in on Parent Link and are very un-involved if you ask me. The guidance counselor was always unavailable for some reason. If I wanted a return call it would take almost a week in which I felt was ridiculous. Also they dropped from a B school to a C so I'm definately glad I removed my son.

AMAZING school :) I loveee it..the classes are challenging yet the teachers are understanding & know just how much to push you. They really care how you do & want to see you succeed. :) I am A Freshman & I am positive I will enjoy my four years her at Dunbar High! Go Tigers :) Btw..the sports teams are amazing...the spirit is in the air :D

Last modified Dunbar High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.