Renaissance School 1

Posted March 25, 2015
Their contract is annual and they will not let you out for any reason -- including if they are no longer able to provide services to a special needs student.

Renaissance School 1

Posted March 12, 2015
This school is a huge disappointment. My two children attended Renaissance school for two and a half years. I had no choice but to transfer them to a different school mid-year. Both my children were behind in academics. My kindergartner didn't know all the letter or sounds of the alphabet. Her self-esteem was low and she was very shy. My 3rd grader was completely reluctant to writing and reading. We got the complete opposite of what was promised to us. I believed in the school's vision, but Renaissance school does not follow traditional Montessori teachings. My children had a total of 13 different teachers within their 2.5 years there! Apparently, the administration is very difficult to work for, and only a couple teachers have been there for more than a year. The energy of this place felt wrong for some time (over a year). I couldn't quite understand what I was feeling, until I volunteered in the school field trips. I saw, first hand, how the children, including my own, had little appreciation and respect for their learning environment and teachers. For anyone who is considering Renaissance School for their children, I highly recommend to search for another school.

Renaissance School 5

Posted June 06, 2012
This is an incredible school, and we cannot recommend it enough. Our child went here for 4 years, starting in the infant program. We only left the school, regrettably, due to an out of the area move. The infant and toddler programs do a great job of developing children both physically and mentally. Fine motor skills are also developed very well. The primary (3-6) curriculum is equally impressive. Students are introduced to reading, math, science, etc. at an early age. Though early reading is not a goal of the school, our daughter was able to read at age 4. The children directly participate in many different activities, including cooking. Many different cultural events are presented. Perhaps most importantly, the students learn lessons in courtesy and grace. The school goes through 6th grade. While we have no personal experience with the elementary program, the elementary students were often working on advanced projects and always seemed enthralled. The school is expensive, but they do offer financial aid. It s accredited by SACS, recently being reaccredited for another 5 year term. We fully recommend this school.

Renaissance School