PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

The staff makes sure that there is no bullying at the school

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Dedicated teachers who are very knowledgeable in their subjects

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is demanding but enables the student to excel

My children attend Canterbury School and is without a doubt, the best school in Lee County, Florida. Classes are small and taught by dedicated and knowledgeable teachers. Graduates are accepted to and attend the best colleges in the country. Their SAT and ACT scores are quite higher than other local schools including Bishop Verot and public HS with IB programs. You get what you pay for

I am a grandparent of two students in the lower grades. They are very happy with their school. The faculty, staff, and teachers are excellent, standards are high and students are made to feel at home , safe and challenged. The students are very welcoming to newcomers and that's so important when kids are starting in a new environment. I have nothing but praise for Canterbury.

I have been at this school for 8 years and I have lots of friends who have been here a long time too. I also have friends who are new to the school. We all love it! The teachers are awesome and they want to make sure you are happy, do well and always understand what is going on in their class. They are always there to help you and support you. This IS a great school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I am new at this school and I love it. It is a great class and I have so many awesome friends. The teachers make it so much fun to come to school every day. They really help all of the kids. We work hard and it feels good to know my teachers care. Love my school!!!!!

Canterbury school deserves 0 stars but, I have to put at least 1. The kids and their families were great. We made lots of friends. My dad worked there for three years and made a huge improvements to sports. However, after he left my brother and I were denied re-enrollment by the head of school without a reason. Yet he let kids the kids that did Bad stuff stay. The whole school knows about it. This sickens me that I can't be with my friends whom I am very close with and I have to find a new school. I did NOTHING to deserve this!

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school hurt our children by kicking them out for no reason. The new headmaster considered their return and then caved into political pressures once again. This school will never change.

I was a student at this school and I was not "allowed" to come back. No one would give me and my family a reason why. We put our hearts and souls into this school, then poof we can't come back. As a young girl this breaks my heart, all my friends I will no longer see, the teachers I have built relationships with will no longer be there for me, and now I have to "move on" like this is no big deal. This is a big deal in my life, it's going to be very difficult for me starting all over again. I did nothing wrong and nor did my sibling yet they can tell us we can't enroll again? I LOVED it here, and I can no longer say I had a good expirence. What these people did to my family was so cold-hearted and rude. And knowing that it was more than one persons decision rips me apart. I DONT recommend going to this school. If you are new to the area and don't know where would be best, you are much better off in the public school system. I hope this is helpful!

Last modified Canterbury School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12