707 students|Lee

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Do not go here, or send your student here, whatever you do. I have never seen another school treat their students with such blatant disrespect and not care whatsoever for their education. The teachers are extraordinarily subpar, some of them unable to function without a teachers edition of the textbook telling them what to do. There is no support for the student, as no one seems to care what they do or where they plan to go later in life. As a graduate of GCHS, I can honestly say that I have never experienced such a terrible environment. Here you will be taught by multiple people with unsavory pasts, or people who aren't certfied in what they are teaching/doing. The administration does nothing to prevent bullying, despite the fact that antibullying is one of the most "stressed" policies in the school. If you honestly care about your student, do not leave them to suffer in this school. You will come to regret it as one of the worst decisions you've made in your life.

The administration at this school is awful, providing nearly no support and help when students most need it. Along with outdated technology and limited supplies (including textbooks, which don't arrive until halfway through the year), students have little access to materials that will help them succeed in a school environment. As a previous student of over 6 years, I beg parents to reconsider putting their children in another school.

Ok so where do I begin? This so called "school" is the most obsord place ive ever been too. This was my first and final year and gateway charter and I couldn't be any happier the last 20 days are I'm my sight. From the way the principle and vice principle run this concentration camp. The uniforms are one thing and took me two weeks to get over. Wearing a school uniform is not all that bad, even though they might be hideous they are convenient.but every aspect of the school has flaws. It made me belive this was the first year the school had ever be open. There are 6 grades in this tiny office building, 6th grade to the grade I'm in Seniors. Walking in the hall ways is like ting to cross the street in times square, NYC. It's distgusting. They've managed to fit the MAXIMUM amount of students in it. For example, when there is a fire drill it takes everyone so long to get out of the building that if it were a real fire; we would all burn and die a miserable death. And when I woke up in hell I would still be at gateway charter. Even if you live in gateway and belive that it's most convenient because it's so close to the house.

Heard only good things about this school from teachers and students. My daughter starts this year and she is looking forward to meeting new friends and taking sign language as her foreign language. She has been a Sixmile Charter Academy student for 8 years and has enjoyed each one.

This school is lucky I'm giving it a star. The school is absolutely absurd! Teaching- average. Everything else? Absolutely unsatisfactory. Where's the school spirit? The nice staff that smile instead of threatening you? Our current assistant principal for 2013 will threaten you for the smallest things, like hugging your friend, along with the rest of the disciplinary staff. I thought high school would be amazing. Not a complete disaster. (This school has probably fueled all the hatred I have just developed for people in general.)

WOW! Do not send your child to this school. Students are misbehaving until teachers will get fired! My daughter had 4 Spanish Teachers and 3 Math teachers in one year! The last one to stay has not even been a teacher but just a long- term substitute teacher. Bullying is a huge issue and no one cares. My child had to talk to 3 different teachers until someone talked at least to the other student. Administration prefers not to report any violence, drugs or bullying issues and rather get rid of teachers who try to do the right thing. My daughter attends a regular HS now and noticed how much she missed out on general knowledge at Gateway. They just practice for the FCAT and state testing. Real learning does not take place! A School, yes with a lot of sacrifice for our kids.

My daughter went to this school and I found this school to be great! She graduated with honors and is now a second year pre-med student and on the dean's list at her university. You as a parent can not just send your kids to school and leave it all to the teacher. You as a parent has to play your part from day one of your child lives and You the student have to take responsibility for your learning. It's up to you to want to learn! At the beginning of each school year I would email each of my daughters teachers with my phone number letting them know to feel free to contact me. As the school year goes on I would send another email asking if my daughter was being respectful to her teachers and other students. I attended every parent teacher conference and returned every teacher phone calls and emails. I let my daughter know that she don't have to like her teachers but she Must show Respect to her teachers. And yes you are my child but that does not means that I will just take your word over your teacher. Parents get involve and Students take responsibility if not then don't come on here bashing the school and the teachers because YOU failed to do what was needed to succeed!

Gateway Charter High School is in no way a real high school. Considering the building is an old business building, it doesn't actually look like a real school. The hallways are narrow and short in height. The walls are so insanely thin, you can hear a cough from two classrooms over. The lighting and lack of windows makes it seem gloomy, dark, depressing, and prison-like. Unlike other schools, 0% of our daily lunch is made by real people. It's disgusting and disturbing, and the price and length of lines are absurd. Besides that, the education is great. If you dont mind listening to teachers complain and getting insulted by your teachers daily. None of the teachers are actually qualified to teach the subject they're teaching. We've got some great curriculum this year though. I'm enrolled in a Law class, my favorite. Our football team hasn't won since 2009, probably due to our lack of a field. Our campus is ridiculously small, plus we're cramped in with 6th, 7th, and 8th graders too. If you're looking for a high school you can brag about, don't come. If you want to make lifelong friends and have amazing experiences, come on in! You won't learn, but you'll have a good time.

Better then people say it is, i'm proud to be a student of GCHS. Don't let ungreatful students give an opinion on our school

Rung like a business not a school. Most teachers are not certified and are inferior to their public school counter-parts... Save your children a lot of trouble in the future educational endeavors and send them to public school...

Last modified Gateway Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.