8-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted April 29, 2014
When I first came to this school I was accustomed to, for the most part being self taught academically. Usually I would have to come to my own understanding of most lessons, in some cases it was enough others it was barely adequate, in all else I failed miserably. When I came here I was unaccustomed to the amount of effort went into actually helping me understand the lessons. My grades are higher than they have ever been and I am proud to finally be able to say that. I feel like I have grown academically in the past year and regret not coming here sooner. My GPA went from a 1.9 to a 3.9 in less than a year. I honestly believe that Hibernian has opened up the possibility for me qualifying for scholarships, academic scholarships, something I never really thought I was capable of qualifying for. My most earnest aspirations are to work in the medical field, previously found this both financially and academically out of reach but now I feel as if my capabilities have been broadened. I am thankful for the focus and effort on my personal academic growth from educators at Hibernian private school.

Posted April 22, 2014
We are thrilled to have discovered Hibernian. It's been the perfect academic setting for our child, who does well in a small school and with individualized attention. The teachers are very dedicated, and they insist that each student work hard. Because the classes are small, students are able to work at their own levels, which we believe makes for a very productive learning environment. Ms. McQuillan creates a happy, welcoming atmosphere while still emphasizing academic discipline. Hibernian is a wonderful school.

Posted April 22, 2014
Excellent for kids needing a one to one education. Principal is caring and know how to encourage teens. I will recommended for teens that are struggling with academics at a regular setting. Some of the teachers are good but a more complete staff will be a plus. It is in a safe location. Low number of students could be a good thing with the right teachers. Flexible hours allowed for students to work part time.

Posted April 20, 2014
I like the school because they work with you on a concept until you get it. No pressure to move on when you still dont have a concept. Helps students focus and feel more confident when learning. Small group - they tailor to your educational needs. Perfect for the non traditional bright students that got lost in the large class shuffle. One drawback is no PE , Art or electives only core subjects so you have to find those on your own.

Posted September 20, 2010
My son attends Hibernian and our whole family is better because of it. Safe and comforting atmosphere is a good way to describe the school. I am so grateful for them helping him adjust to a new life in a new place .A good Education and they communicate with me. No surprises here.

Posted May 19, 2009
As a parent of an 11th grader at Hibernian Private School, we couldn't be happier with our daughter's progress. We had tried public school, two actually, and they just didn't work for her. However, once at Hibernian, she really came into her own and began to enjoy her classes again. I believe one of the reasons it's successful for her is because of the incredibly low teacher to student ratio. She thrives in this scenerio because she has the capacity to ask questions and to disscuss the answers in an atmosphere that is condusive to higher learning. We will always be grateful for Hibernian Private School because we honestly didn't know if our daughter would actually make it to graduation at public school. This wasn't because she wasn't capable, but rather incapable of doing so at public school. Thank You Hibernian.

Posted January 15, 2009
As a former teacher at Hibernian, now teaching at Jimei University in China, I can heartily recommend this small, but highly effective institution to any parent considering private education for a college-bound student. The dedication of its principal, Yvonne McQuillan, is unmatched in South Florida and the curriculum is first-rate.

Hibernian Private School

Posted October 07, 2008
My daughter just recently started Hibernian. She is so happy there and is learning! She is finally not bored with school because she is being challenged. The class of students are top notch!

Posted October 17, 2007
Ivy-League level of instruction for college-bound students and mainstream instruction for all others. Excellent faculty and parental communication skills.

Hibernian Private School
1950 Clayton Court, Fort Myers, FL  33907
Last modified Hibernian Private School is a Private school that serves grades 8-12