PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

I have sent all 4 of my kids to Sonshine the got the very best education available for less money than a lot of the bigger school Sonshine helped teach them how to prepare for collage and most importantly about God and they helped give them a good foundation for life in general the staff really does love the students and does a lot more than just try to get them through school again if you are thinking about a school there's not a better one in the country

The school's current accreditation is issued through Florida Council Private Schools. However, colleges and universities do not recognize Florida Council Private Schools as legitimate accreditation and will not accept students with high school diplomas from this school. Most are required to get a G.E.D. to enter courses in colleges or universities with diplomas from inappropriately accredited schools like these. In order to issue a legitimate diploma the private school must be accredited through one of the three following organizations: National Council for Private School Accreditation Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Florida Association of Academic Nonpublic Schools (FAANS) Sonshine does not have accreditation from any of these legitimate sources. Therefore, high school diplomas issued by this school will not be recognized by most colleges or universities without a G.E.D. issued by the state. Continued...

The school fits my kids very well. The curriculum is ABeka based and ACE curriculum. My children aren't just given the basics in academics, their characters are trained and molded here. They walk away each day knowing MORE of the Word of God. They don't just know it, they have begun to live it. The teachers at Sonshine model good Christian character and love each child so radically. They are amazing. I am a public school teacher who chose to put my children here, versus the public schools. We are getting more individualized attention here, and we work together as a team to train our children up in the Lord. Our kids love Sonshine and are excited to be starting another year their this year. Great job, teachers! You are amazing!

awesome wonderful school Christ centered safe environment. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! My three kids LOVE it!!!!!!!

My wife and I decided to enroll our 2 kids in Sonshine after interviewing officials at the school, and after a year there, we are very happy that we did. Our kids grew in the Lord and also were given extra help with subjects that our son had a hard time with. I found the school and the teachers to be very concerned with how our kids were educated and treated us with respect and concern. We highly recommend this school, and wish that all children would have the chance to go to a school like Sonshine!

I have 3 boys who attend this school and it has been nothing but good experiences! I love the sports program, the chapel is EXCELLENT, and the moral of teachers and students is far above average! I have had very few issues and when the issues where addressed it was easy to come to a solution that was good for all parties involved. Sonshine goes out of its way to invite parents and students to church so that the spiritual growth of the family is continually growing! My children have attended other private schools, and I do believe that I am happiest here. As a parent I want to send my children to school and know that they enjoy being there, they are learning what needs to be taught, and they are developing socially, spiritually, and physically! thank you Sonshine for all you do! only thing I wish is that they would get a cafeteria!!!

Teacher credentials are unknown and it is very hard to find out information. Numerous complaints that are not being addresses by the director and or principle.

To claify an earlier review, Sonshine is accredited and it is disturbing to say the least that someone will put misinformation on a review that could potentially impact future children's enrollment. Sonshine is a great school. I have 3 children attending and the Christian environment as well as every day common sense to kids issues is beyond my expectations. The academics are good. I have no complaints at this time. It is important for my family to raise our children in an environment pleasing to God and to insure that they put him first in everything that they do. You are not always going to have the bells and whistles that some public schools have in these environments but I can promise you that your end product with your children will be much better.

Very bad. School is not accredited and the students cannot be able to attend Universities. The teachers are not certified and the work given is not as good. My child had failed the F.C.A.T.

Because it's a great school that cares about the kids. They make sure the kids are learning all the important subjects (not just reading and math like the public schools so the schools can pass the F.C.A.T. test). They help to reinforce the morals that children are (or should be) taught at home and also about how to treat other people (as God would treat them.) I totally disagree with the public schools about keeping God out of them. Long ago when the schools were able to teach about God, the bible and how to treat (or not treat) others, there was less crime, less juvenile delinquency and more productive young people. Now kids are using violence to get a 'quick fix' to their problems. Put God back in the schools and watch the crime rates and juvenile delinquency go down! Go Sonshine!!!!

Last modified Sonshine Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12