Posted July 16, 2013
This school is a JOKE!!!! My child attended this school last yr. and she said the teacher would spend more time singing, & dancing than teaching. She would send "corrected" papers home with misspelled words, in example againist, instead of against. On another occasion, she said another teacher put on a movies all day so she could nap, & would tell them to b quiet because she was tired! Lastly, my daughter brought to my attn. that the girls bathroom only had soap for the first month of school, & never got refilled for the whole entire yr.!!!!!! Teacher's and janitors were told but it was worthless. I am Happy to say that my child will NEVER go back to that clown school ever again! One more thing the front office is rude, & they don't even check to see if you are a person on the list to release your child, so anyone can walk in there and take your child. NO ?'s ASKED, & they did not even know who I was, nor did they ask.

Posted March 04, 2013
This school is the worst school I have ever had my children in. There is a great lack of support from the Principal/Asst. Principal. The PTA is a joke, supposed to be there to make the school a happier more successful place? You would think. Their noses are so hi in the air and their attitudes r of that where I wanted nada to do w. The center work is unsupervised and children who struggle r tossed aside and not supervised to succeed as far as I am concerned. The verbal use towards the children is absurd and negative in a way that for my son was DISCOURAGING! He was in 3rd grade...He had NEVER even taken notes!! His book was empty for center work and when asked y, I gotta shrug from the teacher as an answer for why :( I took them out immediately and they are now LOVING going to school, their grades have improved in ONE month!! Manatee is FAR from an A school, like the school my children are in now. Remember "Convenience is NOT always the answer) I drive my kids every day and pick them up 20 minutes away..IT IS SOOOO WORTH IT! They r happy AND ironically, they ARE learning in a POSITIVE HAPPY CARING atmosphere! :) Yeah!! I hope u get ur noses outta the air!

Posted March 20, 2011
This school is terrible. No support from the principal. I changed schools after being there 2 years.

Manatee Elementary School 4

Posted December 31, 2008
My son has attended Manatee 2 years now. The first year was a little rough, as you can expect with any new school. I had no problems what so ever with the curriculum and my son's grades are just fine. It is true, you have to go through the 'chain' to get to the Principal. I had to deal with the AP. This year is much better. It seems students know what is expected of them and teachers seem a little more seasoned. There is parent involvement, just not a lot. I was asked numerous times to help out, but being a working mom I couldn't. I am sure that is the case with most of the parents there. There was one mom though that is there all the time. The one problem I have is the phones hardly get answered.

Posted July 26, 2008
My son attended manatee in second grade 07/08. There is a great lack of discipline for misbehaving children. The teachers seemed very frustrated and found it easier to punish the good rather then deal with the issues . The curriculum left me very disturbed. It seemed as though the teachers were learning it as they went along. The principle was hardly ever within reach, I saw no parent evolvement or support. I was there allot .Most of the teachers are new and have but one mentor for each grade. My son was a straight A student before attending Manatee. His grades suffered last year .Needless to say we are not going back. I do not recommend Manatee to any one.

Manatee Elementary School 5

Posted July 24, 2008

Manatee Elementary School 5

Posted May 30, 2008

Manatee Elementary School
5301 Tice Street, Fort Myers, FL  33905
(239) 694-2097
Last modified Manatee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manatee Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top