Fort Myers, FL
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

We are also saddened by the loss of having a priest visit twice a month, however this was a decision made by the local Diocese, not us. Our character education classes do not include any religious aspects. We use the Character Counts curriculum as a baseline for developing good citizens. The Catholic education classes follow the Baltimore Catechism textbooks. Our 5th - 8th grade enrollment is 32 this year versus 31 last year. We combine 5th/6th and 7th/8th for our Art, Music, Spanish and PE classes, so our students benefit from having both larger enrichment class sizes and smaller academic class sizes.
October 2, 2012

Posted June 19, 2013
Confidence in the school should play a major role in your decision as to where to place your child for school. My trust in Noonan is complete. I am sure my child will be safe each day. I am sure my child is receiving an advanced and challenging education, teaching him to think and challenging him to be the best person he can be. I am also confident that the food choices made at school are healthy and in his best interests. Even if students do not eat school lunches, parents must follow the nutritious food guidelines. As a parent concerned for my child's health, it is important for me to know that my child will not be filling up on sugar and processed foods each day. Every meal brought in or eaten from school must be free of anything artificial, processed ingredients or sugars. In our easy food lifestyles, it is wonderful that Noonan is also teaching our children how to make healthy decisions regarding food choices as well as becoming a responsible citizen.

Noonan Academy 1

Posted August 20, 2012
A few more have left than 2 from what the kids are stating at our school. Maybe 5 came in but it seems 5 or more have left. We left two years ago and it was the best decision we made. The classes were way too small and attention to detail was lacking from the front office to the class room. Leadership.......not there. Christian Character is lacking as they are no longer affiliated with the Catholic Church and that is a shame. The religion class and character ed class were very similiar. The class sizes are getting smaller and that is not always a good thing. To each their own. Why is that?

Posted August 19, 2012
My son is in 5th grade this year and has attended Noonan Academy since kindergarden. The teachers at Noonans always greet you with a smile and they are very easy to talk with and really care about challenging the kids. This school is run by a strong Principal leadership and a good christian education. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a great school.

Posted August 09, 2012
Noonan Academy is far above other private schools in Ft. Myers. This is proven by their SAT scores! The small class sizes are a plus! My children have attended seven years and are both excelling in every subject especially Math and English. I love the Smart Boards in every room! We are looking forward to another great year!

Noonan Academy 1

Posted August 02, 2012
Looks like half the middle school is leaving to a myriad of reasons. One reason could be due to the lack of Algebra being taught and in order for your 8th grader to get Algebra is to pay for an online class and take it your self. Yes, they have help by paying for tutoring after school. If more students keep leaving this will have a profound effect.

Posted July 23, 2012
I HAVE BEEN AT NOONAN FOR 3 YRS , THIS COMING AUG. WILL BE MY 4TH YR., MY SON AND DAUGHTER just love going to school, a parent could not ask for more....the staff truley cares for the students and I have seen the Noonan team work together and as a parent I am thrilled to see my children thriving and in such a wonderful /safe environment...I am so looking forward to this upcoming yr. I know it will be a fantastic ONE!!!!!..

Posted July 22, 2012
My child attended the past school year on McKay scholarship and needing extra help. Not only did she get that one on one she needed but it was done in such a way that she never felt different from the others. The attitude is so very positive and for once we got to hear about our child's strengths instead of all the weaknesses that we always got from the public school. I am so grateful such a school exists and would recommend it to any parent with a child who needs extra attention. Those that criticize the small classroom size are insane! No child even gifted ones do better with bigger numbers in the classroom. If you don't want that personal attention, you will need to look elsewhere. We looked at ALL private schools in Lee and nobody was willing to give our child a chance based on an IEP that was very critical. Noonan did and they were able to bring out the best in our child. We are looking forward to another good year.

Posted June 07, 2012
As a retired teacher and grandparent of a current Noonan student, I am very impressed with the school, its challenging curriculum, and its excellent staff. From my first visit, it was apparent to me that this is a place where teaching and learning take place in a positive atmosphere. The students were so focused they didn't even notice we were there. Now that I know more about the curriculum, it is easy to understand why SAT scores are above the national average in every grade level. If you are searching for a private school for your child, Noonan Academy should be at the top of your list.

Posted June 04, 2012
I have been a Noonan parent for three years. The school continues to impresses me more each year. This year, the school had multiple science fair winners in the Thomas Edison Regional Science Fair. Some of our students won a two week Summer Research Scholarship to FGCU and one student won a FULL FOUR YEAR SCHOLARSHIP to FGCU! Noonan is a school that is thriving and I am so thankful that my children attend this school. Take it from a parent who is actively involved in her children's education - Noonan is the best!

Posted May 24, 2012
I'm so impressed with the SAT scores for the school. The school scored about the national average in every category and grade level. My children both scored very well. I love the small classes, Spanish class, and the religion class. I also, see how the older children are looked up to by the younger students. If you are looking for a private school this is one you should consider! My children have been attending for 5 years and looking forward to another great year!

Noonan Academy