Lincoln Park Academy

Public | 6-12 | 1821 students

Posted April 28, 2013

I got to LPA and I'm a freshman. I've gone there since 6th grade and my brother is graduating this year and has also been there since 6th grade so I've been around the school for a while. Sure, LPA is an A school, but the teachers suck, administration couldn't care less about the students, and if you aren't in IB, then you will get "labeled" by the IB kids. I used to be in IB but the teachers assigned pointless assignments and if you didn't understand something in class they would look at you like you're stupid and continue on with the lesson. I've been begging my parents to take me out of LPA for over a year. Plus everyone there has been together since middle school so if you're new, then you are kinda cast out from everyone. I would never recommend LPA to anyone unless you want to be in the IB program,but that isn't all that great. The teachers try to make LPA and IB seem like the best possible thing in the world and if you go anywhere else, then you won't do well in life. I've had a teacher say that to me! LPA is just another High School. It isn't anything special and I would not recommend going there.

Posted April 24, 2013

My son is in 7th grade and I would consider him a average student. He is doing very well at LPA. Honestly, if he was going to any other school in St. Lucie County he would of fallen thru the cracks. The teachers he has and have had in the past help him with any issues he has. Tom Peters, his guidance counselor goes above and beyond. When you register your child for this school you should know what you are getting into - Expect your child to work hard, follow the rules and all these people complaining about the dress code, seriously the dress code is not that difficult. The dress code is much easier than my other kids school....

Posted December 17, 2012

Very happy to be a parent of a LPA 6th grader! I am very pleased with the content of each subject and the quality of work that is expected. My son has certain expectations from this school and so far they are being met. After reading some comments regarding LPA, I was very surprised at the attitude from some parents. My child, as well as myself, was made fully aware of what is expected when you CHOOSE to attend LPA. LPA is not for everyone, that is why there are different middle and high schools. Education is very important to my child and his future. He wants to excell is his studies, while enjoying his middle and high school years.. Thank you LPA for caring, educating, and providing a good learning enviroment. Parent involvement equals parent knowledge about the school and their child's success.

Posted March 23, 2012

Now I fully understand why there is a long waiting list for this school. The teachers are fully qualified. Kids go to this school knowing that they will graduate and go on to greater future. My child says he never has any problems at LPA. Isn't a school suppose to be a place you go and LEARN at? The principal is also in and out of classrooms sometimes to make sure teachers are doing there proper procedures. Great job...

Posted March 22, 2012

As a parent I wanted the best for my child. You would think that sending them off to an "A" school would be the best thing for them. My child has asked me to switch multiple times. I had trouble getting to the bottom of why he she hated it so much there. Then I did a little research. If you read all of the other comments talking about how good the school is, odds are there in the IB program that program is great but don't expect anything special if your not in it. IB kids Excel so well because they get chances to go to different schools, colleges and go on different trips that actually engage students in academics. That's good and all but my child has been here all of middle school and two years of high school. She is in the tenth grade and goes through the same schedule everyday, not only do I think its not right, It's completely unfair if LPA does not care about there children in that sense what makes you think there going to give extra attention to the normal kids. After switching my child loves it

Posted December 4, 2011

I am in the 8th grade and this is the worst school I've ever attended. This school is absolutly horrible. The teachers don't try to help you at all. They care more about dress code than actually teaching you academics. All the school care about is IB. If your not an IB student than dont expect anything special.

Posted October 14, 2010

Very good school. There is no doubt that the teachers here care about your education. I don't know why people in the past comments complain about dress doce, the teachers and staff here seem very leniant about it. I am in 9th grade and is enrolled in the Pre-IB program and I am throughly satisfied. Being split up into other classes has really helped me meet more kids and helps me become less shy. The work is tough but because of the two days difference it is all worked out especially on weekends. All of the teachers have manners and never talk with disrespect and the academics are good. However I'm not sure about the principle. I never see him. I'm pretty sure he is always busy thinking up good stuff because there are always great things coming up on the announcements which always take effect. Great school!

Posted September 22, 2010

Lincoln Park Academy is a true gem in the St. Lucie School District. The academics are challenging particularly in the MYP, Pre-IB and the IB program. The band program is awesome especially in the high school. I can't imagine my kids attending any other high school in the area, except for lack of a football team, this school is wonderful!

Posted August 2, 2010

My daughter goes to this school and she is friends with all the IB kids. She hates how they split them up... IB on top floor non IB on lower floor. She thinks thats all the school cares about is IB.

Posted May 26, 2010

great school. Teacher is very good in IB program. They work very hard. But the campus is old. It need to be motified.

Posted April 27, 2010

School is above average some teachers will continue to teach and not explain in detail if a student doesn't understand . Put pressure on you if your student missed a day !

Posted March 4, 2010

i love this school. my very intelligent daughter goes and she has learned so much. i do believe that this school has the finest staff this country has to offer. 10! 10!10!

Posted July 27, 2009

My youngest child will graduate from LPA next year. My older children were extremely well prepared for college as a result of the education they received at LPA. Almost all of the students that I know who transferred to another high school in the district were sorry that they did.

Posted May 22, 2009

LPA is an excellent school for students interested in furthering their education. My daughter is an IB student graduating this year. The teachers encourage students to think for themselves and strive to be the best they can be. Yes, the school is strick. Learning to follow strick rules now helps in the real world of tough competition in the work force. LPA cares very much about academics.

Posted April 22, 2009

I am a recent graduate of LPA and I have had the experience of attending this honorable school since 6th grade. I Honestly will attest that the school has changed a bit since 2001( when I was enrolled) but the heart and mission is still prevelant. We have been ranked as 21st in America's Top 100 schools and has been a grade 'A' school for about 10 consecutive years! The school has merrit on an international level and is often considered among America's elite. I am currently a sophomore at a HBCU and I came to here with a lot more background than others. LPA is indeed a college prepretory institution.

Posted March 22, 2009

Lincoln Park Academy is a wonderful school is commited to making the school a place a student can feel confortable. The students are all very respectful and thoughtful. I have found on the whole the student body is more self insured in their knowledge and importance to society.

Posted March 18, 2009

Great school? Pssh. I'm in 6th Grade right now and the preforming electives are okay (I do Orchestra), but when it comes to the academics, that's pretty okay, but the teachers are so mean! D: I'm an A student and totally hate it here. But hey- Orchestra and my 5th Period are the only classes I like to attend. YOU ROCK MRS. BENNETT! -ahem- Anyways, all the staff cares about is dress code and wether you have your ID badge or not. And now you can get a refferal JUST for violating the dress code! 'Here's a refferal for just having your shirt untucked!' THAT'S WACK.

Posted March 7, 2009

The school is a good school, grade wise, but they never give the children a reward for their hard work. They always cancel special events and never give them a break. The staff is horrible and they never listen to what the students have to say

Posted January 31, 2009

I am an 8th grader at LPA and honestly its not all great. Its just like anyother school just alot older than most. The education is alright but seriously dresscode is such a big deal here.And they really need to rebuild the middle school side it looks horrible. I mean its older than my mom!And dont even ask about school spirt. I'm soooo glad I'm leavin for highschool! Lucky Me!

Posted January 3, 2009

I'm a 7th grader at LPA and I love it. I have all my friends there. I get a great education there it is everything I want in a school plus it's an A school. I love it

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

280 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

280 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

255 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

255 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2014.

253 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2014.

256 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 53% in 2014.

279 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 55% in 2014.

277 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 64% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

271 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Writing

The state average for Writing was 84% in 2012.

256 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 64% in 2013.

203 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 67% in 2013.

236 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2013.

167 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Ethnicity This school

• (772) 468-5485

Transportation options
  • Buses/vans for students only
  • College/career center
Note: Data provided by community members,
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Apply now