1,826 students|St. Lucie

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted August 30, 2015
LPA is a college preparatory school that most definitely stands alone on the 'academic platform' which undeniably can not be beat!

Posted January 20, 2015
her school is Lawnwood Elementary. It is a (b) school. it has from pre-k through 5th grade. is a excellent school.

Lincoln Park Academy 1

Posted April 28, 2013
I got to LPA and I'm a freshman. I've gone there since 6th grade and my brother is graduating this year and has also been there since 6th grade so I've been around the school for a while. Sure, LPA is an A school, but the teachers suck, administration couldn't care less about the students, and if you aren't in IB, then you will get "labeled" by the IB kids. I used to be in IB but the teachers assigned pointless assignments and if you didn't understand something in class they would look at you like you're stupid and continue on with the lesson. I've been begging my parents to take me out of LPA for over a year. Plus everyone there has been together since middle school so if you're new, then you are kinda cast out from everyone. I would never recommend LPA to anyone unless you want to be in the IB program,but that isn't all that great. The teachers try to make LPA and IB seem like the best possible thing in the world and if you go anywhere else, then you won't do well in life. I've had a teacher say that to me! LPA is just another High School. It isn't anything special and I would not recommend going there.

Posted April 24, 2013
My son is in 7th grade and I would consider him a average student. He is doing very well at LPA. Honestly, if he was going to any other school in St. Lucie County he would of fallen thru the cracks. The teachers he has and have had in the past help him with any issues he has. Tom Peters, his guidance counselor goes above and beyond. When you register your child for this school you should know what you are getting into - Expect your child to work hard, follow the rules and all these people complaining about the dress code, seriously the dress code is not that difficult. The dress code is much easier than my other kids school....

Posted December 17, 2012
Very happy to be a parent of a LPA 6th grader! I am very pleased with the content of each subject and the quality of work that is expected. My son has certain expectations from this school and so far they are being met. After reading some comments regarding LPA, I was very surprised at the attitude from some parents. My child, as well as myself, was made fully aware of what is expected when you CHOOSE to attend LPA. LPA is not for everyone, that is why there are different middle and high schools. Education is very important to my child and his future. He wants to excell is his studies, while enjoying his middle and high school years.. Thank you LPA for caring, educating, and providing a good learning enviroment. Parent involvement equals parent knowledge about the school and their child's success.

Posted March 23, 2012
Now I fully understand why there is a long waiting list for this school. The teachers are fully qualified. Kids go to this school knowing that they will graduate and go on to greater future. My child says he never has any problems at LPA. Isn't a school suppose to be a place you go and LEARN at? The principal is also in and out of classrooms sometimes to make sure teachers are doing there proper procedures. Great job...

Lincoln Park Academy 2

Posted March 22, 2012
As a parent I wanted the best for my child. You would think that sending them off to an "A" school would be the best thing for them. My child has asked me to switch multiple times. I had trouble getting to the bottom of why he she hated it so much there. Then I did a little research. If you read all of the other comments talking about how good the school is, odds are there in the IB program that program is great but don't expect anything special if your not in it. IB kids Excel so well because they get chances to go to different schools, colleges and go on different trips that actually engage students in academics. That's good and all but my child has been here all of middle school and two years of high school. She is in the tenth grade and goes through the same schedule everyday, not only do I think its not right, It's completely unfair if LPA does not care about there children in that sense what makes you think there going to give extra attention to the normal kids. After switching my child loves it

Lincoln Park Academy 1

Posted December 04, 2011
I am in the 8th grade and this is the worst school I've ever attended. This school is absolutly horrible. The teachers don't try to help you at all. They care more about dress code than actually teaching you academics. All the school care about is IB. If your not an IB student than dont expect anything special.

Posted October 14, 2010
Very good school. There is no doubt that the teachers here care about your education. I don't know why people in the past comments complain about dress doce, the teachers and staff here seem very leniant about it. I am in 9th grade and is enrolled in the Pre-IB program and I am throughly satisfied. Being split up into other classes has really helped me meet more kids and helps me become less shy. The work is tough but because of the two days difference it is all worked out especially on weekends. All of the teachers have manners and never talk with disrespect and the academics are good. However I'm not sure about the principle. I never see him. I'm pretty sure he is always busy thinking up good stuff because there are always great things coming up on the announcements which always take effect. Great school!

Posted September 22, 2010
Lincoln Park Academy is a true gem in the St. Lucie School District. The academics are challenging particularly in the MYP, Pre-IB and the IB program. The band program is awesome especially in the high school. I can't imagine my kids attending any other high school in the area, except for lack of a football team, this school is wonderful!

Lincoln Park Academy
1806 Avenue I, Fort Pierce, FL  34950
Last modified Lincoln Park Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.