1,826 students|St. Lucie

Bad
Good

Develops character: Neutral

There are cameras nearly everywhere (Excepts bathrooms, etc.) so if a student gets in trouble and the teacher doesn't witness the event, students are given a chance to "give their side of the story" even though the evidence is already present.

I'm an IB student and this is my senior year at LPA. I have been going here since 9th grade. As previous comments have stated the school is very strict about dress code, though students always try to push the boundaries and defy them anyway. As an IB kid who has "regular" and IB friends I can definitely say that IB kids are jerks and do believe that they are better than others. I would go as far as saying that most have superiority complexes. This is a result of most of the teachers placing those thoughts in their heads since they begin in 9th grade, with few (only 3 in my experience) that will tell them that they aren't. The point here is that IB kids treat other kids and each other like dirt. IB academics are good (I suppose), but most certainly not for everyone. As a freshman some may find the workload to be overwhelming. sometimes regular extensive homework (excluding "BIG IB assignments") stacks up from every class which leads to a couple sleepless nights. If you're a student planning to do IB here or are an IB student here, some great advice from a procrastinator is to start any assignment you get the day it's assigned. Most IB classes are fast paced and most teachers will not slow down for you and simply tell you to study more. The best Ib teachers are the social studies teachers (history, govt., etc.), and one (Used to be two) great math teacher if you're lucky. The rest of the teachers expect you to teach yourself, which (I suppose) is the college prep that everyone speaks so highly of. If you grasp concepts easily and your a slacker (me) this is great in some classes as the teacher will not teach you anything, besides give you an assignment and a page number, therefore you're free to do as you please for the class period as long as the assignment is turned in on time. You will have assignments on every break period you can think of: Thanksgiving, Winter Break, Spring Break, Summer, etc. However, on the "regular" side, the workload is far less and it seems as though students don't get the same academic opportunities as the IB students. However, I don't have much insight on that. The current administration is superb, except if you get in trouble oft, of course. Elective teachers are the most caring out of all of the teachers at LPA and truly want you to obtain mastery in whatever you're pursuing, all you have to do is ask for help.

LPA is a college preparatory school that most definitely stands alone on the 'academic platform' which undeniably can not be beat!

her school is Lawnwood Elementary. It is a (b) school. it has from pre-k through 5th grade. is a excellent school.

I got to LPA and I'm a freshman. I've gone there since 6th grade and my brother is graduating this year and has also been there since 6th grade so I've been around the school for a while. Sure, LPA is an A school, but the teachers suck, administration couldn't care less about the students, and if you aren't in IB, then you will get "labeled" by the IB kids. I used to be in IB but the teachers assigned pointless assignments and if you didn't understand something in class they would look at you like you're stupid and continue on with the lesson. I've been begging my parents to take me out of LPA for over a year. Plus everyone there has been together since middle school so if you're new, then you are kinda cast out from everyone. I would never recommend LPA to anyone unless you want to be in the IB program,but that isn't all that great. The teachers try to make LPA and IB seem like the best possible thing in the world and if you go anywhere else, then you won't do well in life. I've had a teacher say that to me! LPA is just another High School. It isn't anything special and I would not recommend going there.

My son is in 7th grade and I would consider him a average student. He is doing very well at LPA. Honestly, if he was going to any other school in St. Lucie County he would of fallen thru the cracks. The teachers he has and have had in the past help him with any issues he has. Tom Peters, his guidance counselor goes above and beyond. When you register your child for this school you should know what you are getting into - Expect your child to work hard, follow the rules and all these people complaining about the dress code, seriously the dress code is not that difficult. The dress code is much easier than my other kids school....

Very happy to be a parent of a LPA 6th grader! I am very pleased with the content of each subject and the quality of work that is expected. My son has certain expectations from this school and so far they are being met. After reading some comments regarding LPA, I was very surprised at the attitude from some parents. My child, as well as myself, was made fully aware of what is expected when you CHOOSE to attend LPA. LPA is not for everyone, that is why there are different middle and high schools. Education is very important to my child and his future. He wants to excell is his studies, while enjoying his middle and high school years.. Thank you LPA for caring, educating, and providing a good learning enviroment. Parent involvement equals parent knowledge about the school and their child's success.

Now I fully understand why there is a long waiting list for this school. The teachers are fully qualified. Kids go to this school knowing that they will graduate and go on to greater future. My child says he never has any problems at LPA. Isn't a school suppose to be a place you go and LEARN at? The principal is also in and out of classrooms sometimes to make sure teachers are doing there proper procedures. Great job...

As a parent I wanted the best for my child. You would think that sending them off to an "A" school would be the best thing for them. My child has asked me to switch multiple times. I had trouble getting to the bottom of why he she hated it so much there. Then I did a little research. If you read all of the other comments talking about how good the school is, odds are there in the IB program that program is great but don't expect anything special if your not in it. IB kids Excel so well because they get chances to go to different schools, colleges and go on different trips that actually engage students in academics. That's good and all but my child has been here all of middle school and two years of high school. She is in the tenth grade and goes through the same schedule everyday, not only do I think its not right, It's completely unfair if LPA does not care about there children in that sense what makes you think there going to give extra attention to the normal kids. After switching my child loves it

I am in the 8th grade and this is the worst school I've ever attended. This school is absolutly horrible. The teachers don't try to help you at all. They care more about dress code than actually teaching you academics. All the school care about is IB. If your not an IB student than dont expect anything special.

Last modified Lincoln Park Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.