Fort Pierce, FL
Students enrolled: 2,537

Posted March 21, 2014
I've decided to write a review because of the phenomenal experience my son has had through the Embry-Riddle Aerospace and Engineering Academy located at Central. Professor Adkins inspires, motivates, and prepares his students well! Quite the asset to the school. I believe it is because of a quality program like this that Central has experienced such an increased level of academic success recently. If you truly want to prepare your student for the future, you should consider Central and this program.

Posted August 18, 2012
Regardless of what anyone else says, I LOVE this school! I am a Proud Cobra! I am currently a Junior at this school but because of it`s phenomenal Dual Enrollment program I now only take two classes at Central; Band and Jazz Band. All of my other courses are at the local community college. Because of FPCHS, I am well on my way to high honors and a GPA ABOVE 4.0! The teachers Ive had here are the most challenging, motivational, and inspiring Ive ever had. My absolute favorite part of this school, the very thing I look forward to everyday, is Band. Ive never met a more talented, energetic, school spirited group of over 100 individuals. These people radiate school spirit! They show it in the way the walk, march, and especially play! Go Cobras!

Fort Pierce Central High School 4

Posted April 11, 2012
FPCHS has a great Engineering and Aerospace Program. I now know of LPA students trying to transfer to Central for this program - unbelievable! The addition of Professor Adkins is a huge plus for the school. He is a wonderful and engaging teacher who challenges his students and sets them up for future success.

Fort Pierce Central High School 2

Posted February 09, 2012
My experience with the teachers at this school are the worst out of the 4 St Lucie County schools that I have dealings with. Most of them are computer illiterate and do not use the Skyward System. I literally have to send a note with my student to have a teacher call me. Most do not respond to e-mail! Unbelievable in this day and age.

Posted January 07, 2012
This is a great school with some very strong programs. They have a great engineering program, great IB program, dual enrollment program, culinary arts, music and many others. My child recently transferred to Fort Pierce Central and we have been very happy. Most importantly, my child feels safe. The actual design of the building lends itself to safety. I promotes an environment where teachers get to know the students and the students get to know who is sitting next to them. It is great opportunity for any child.

Fort Pierce Central High School 3

Posted September 23, 2011
Im currently a Junior at FPCHS . I love this school at times but there is no fun . I feel as if they are more concerned about academics then making learning fun and trying to get students involved. My mom also went to FPCHS she use to tell me how they had a pep rally every Friday . We only have about 3 pep rally's a year and 3 dances excluding prom . I believe that it was ALOT better with the old principle there . There were more activities and everyone enjoyed it . Also the rules are TOO strict . No Gum ? No Food in class ? Well why do we have vending machines ? . Shirts must be tucked in ? But look at other counties , they don't have a dress code . The way we dress shouldn't even matter about how we learn . As long as we learn . As much as I hate to say it , but if your looking for a school thats will have FUN while learning attend FPWHS .

Posted June 14, 2010
Fort Pierce Central is the best school there is besides LPA. WIth the dual enrollment program and other cool programs, there's no way any school can compare to it. The teachers are awesome! They help those who ask for help and they explain their lessons very well. If your daughter or son get to have Mrs. Monahan, they have the best teacher. I love her. She's amazing! Besides knowing her stuff, she makes learning fun :]

Fort Pierce Central High School 1

Posted May 16, 2010
I am currently a senior at FPCHS and of the 2 years I have attended, I have never had any problems with any of my teachers. Until these past 2 weeks. There is one specific teacher that I have a problem with;she grades unfairly. I do not believe that all of the staff completely understand the material they teach. If that were the case, they would not go against the material in the books that they give us. They teach from these books, but yet they are incorrect, how is that possible? I also attended PSLHS as well as FPWHS, and never had this problem. There is a lack of care, not only from certain teachers but the principal as well.

Posted March 12, 2010
I love this school, regardless of the teachers or students who attend there. I wish we had more activities, especially in the Pep Rallies, but other than that i love it. Im proud to be a Cobra, pride makes the difference, and i wish it would stay that way:).

Fort Pierce Central High School 1

Posted February 23, 2010
This is not necessary There is a high risk of profanity at this school,the teachers are not that caring.It is uneven that respect is not that much given here.I would rather go to Treasure Coast or Centennial !

Fort Pierce Central High School
4101 South 25th Street, Fort Pierce, FL  34981
Last modified Fort Pierce Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fort Pierce Central High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top