2,730 students|St. Lucie

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My son loves it and my daughter can't wait to come next year!

My son loves it and my daughter can't wait to come next year!

Develops character: Disagree

Only few teachers, and fewer administration actually seem like they want to be there. Many are rude and disrespectful.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I've had a mixed experience, some weren't all that bad

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

Don't see much bullying going on, but I doubt it.

I've decided to write a review because of the phenomenal experience my son has had through the Embry-Riddle Aerospace and Engineering Academy located at Central. Professor Adkins inspires, motivates, and prepares his students well! Quite the asset to the school. I believe it is because of a quality program like this that Central has experienced such an increased level of academic success recently. If you truly want to prepare your student for the future, you should consider Central and this program.

Regardless of what anyone else says, I LOVE this school! I am a Proud Cobra! I am currently a Junior at this school but because of it`s phenomenal Dual Enrollment program I now only take two classes at Central; Band and Jazz Band. All of my other courses are at the local community college. Because of FPCHS, I am well on my way to high honors and a GPA ABOVE 4.0! The teachers Ive had here are the most challenging, motivational, and inspiring Ive ever had. My absolute favorite part of this school, the very thing I look forward to everyday, is Band. Ive never met a more talented, energetic, school spirited group of over 100 individuals. These people radiate school spirit! They show it in the way the walk, march, and especially play! Go Cobras!

FPCHS has a great Engineering and Aerospace Program. I now know of LPA students trying to transfer to Central for this program - unbelievable! The addition of Professor Adkins is a huge plus for the school. He is a wonderful and engaging teacher who challenges his students and sets them up for future success.

My experience with the teachers at this school are the worst out of the 4 St Lucie County schools that I have dealings with. Most of them are computer illiterate and do not use the Skyward System. I literally have to send a note with my student to have a teacher call me. Most do not respond to e-mail! Unbelievable in this day and age.

This is a great school with some very strong programs. They have a great engineering program, great IB program, dual enrollment program, culinary arts, music and many others. My child recently transferred to Fort Pierce Central and we have been very happy. Most importantly, my child feels safe. The actual design of the building lends itself to safety. I promotes an environment where teachers get to know the students and the students get to know who is sitting next to them. It is great opportunity for any child.

Last modified Fort Pierce Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.