Fort Pierce, FL
Students enrolled: 1,360

Posted January 11, 2013
I am a previous graduate and a current parent. The administration is so far out of touch with what's happening its sad to watch. The high school traditions are no longer at this school. There is no longer a homecoming carnival at main campus, but it is allowed at MOA. My children are AP and Honors students. I have found teachers that blatantly tell the students, I get paid if you learn it or not, and Tallahassee only cares if you pass the FCAT. When you have teachers who can't teach the material, we seriously need to stand up for our children. The injustices that ate being done ate unbelievable!! Just for showing up tardy, a lunch detention is given. No call to the parent even when it is known they are not the ones driving. But yet while they are sitting in class they are marked absent! Get a clue this school sucks!!!!! There are some great teachers and great programs, but the school board needs to take a closer look at what is happening at this school! When you have a teacher 6 weeks into the 9 weeks send home a progress report with a 0%, average for the 9 weeks with no call from the teacher in all that time?? Really. The excuse, I was keeping it between me and the student!!

Posted September 20, 2012
i switched to to this school from treasure coast high school and this school is disgusting.i have been harassed by male students numerous times in the last month of me being there. everybody there is unfriendly unhelpful and rude.. im spending my senior year here by force if i could i would much rather drop out and attend irsc. the teachers are no help at all the students are up to no good at all. "some who think they are gangster" and terrorize people like me who are just there to get my diploma and leave.if you are think of send you child here, please do not send them as it will be a mistake.

Fort Pierce Westwood High School 2

Posted May 09, 2012
As a former student, I know the school very well. I hated going to Westwood, even though I played tennis and had straight A's, the level of education was very low. It forced me to skip senior year and go straight to IRSC, which I am very thankful for. I wish the other students had more class and self respect, as well as respect for the teachers (most of them were very good by the way). I did not care about the sports program at all, so I have nothing to say about that except that maybe the school & students should focus on studies first! I wish classes were more challenging and went to higher levels, I do not blame myself for switching out of Engineering and into Marketing, I blame Westwood for the poor education! After years of college I'm graduating with my bachelors this year, on time, thank God!

Posted April 05, 2011
I am an Advanced Placement and Gifted honors Social Studies 10th grade instructor new to FPWestwood and I am truly encouraged by the positive attitude of the students and teachers here. My students are bright and intelligent .Although many of them have not been exposed to any other part of the country. They have an appreciation of all cultures and the new administration is excellent. The administration ecourages new ideas and supports all new positives ideas by the students and staff. The school is increasing their advanced placement department in all subjects and more students are signing up. We have two academic teams, the Euro challenge, and compete in the History Fair,The National honor Society and Beta clubs are growing as well. If we continue on this positive track , then I have no doubt FPWestwood will soon be ranked a "A or B" school. More parents are volunteering as well. Our ROTC dept. is visiting the Wash, DC Pentagon this spring as well. Bravo Westwood, Good Job!!!!!

Fort Pierce Westwood High School 3

Posted June 28, 2010
Ft. Pierce Westwood high school is not a 'excellent' school to attend, however the MOA (Marine Oceanographic Academy) is an great program. It has an intense curriculum, but its worth it because students learn how to think on a more advance level. As far as the main campus (westwood), I can't say the same, but MOA is an awesome place for future marine biologist or any student that desires a higher education. Actually, I have no main interest in marine majors, but as I go through the program I realize that MOA not only prepares you for college, but it exposes you to many career opportunities for any major! Overall, Westwood isn't a 'Great' school, however they offer great programs for student (look on their website for other programs) like MOA.

Posted May 25, 2010
Westwood use to be a good school. Now, it is one of the worst school's, if not the worst school in St. Lucie County. They do not have control of their classroom's. The teacher's are scared of the students.The teacher's let the students talk, sleep, and they even curse the teacher's and students out. The only thing they might say is watch your mouth. They don't write them up or discipline them. The student's are so rude and out of control with the exception of some well mannered students that want to learn, but can't learn because the teacher refuses to teach because the students won't shut up. The principal's use to care, but not anymore. How can the principal do anything about it, if it is not being reported. The only thing the school is good for, is athletics. If you're an athlete, you are nobody at Westwood.

Posted October 27, 2009

Posted August 06, 2009

Posted May 09, 2009

Posted October 24, 2008

Fort Pierce Westwood High School
1801 Panther Lane, Fort Pierce, FL  34947
Last modified Fort Pierce Westwood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fort Pierce Westwood High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top