697 students|St. Lucie

Bad
Good

Lakewood Park Elementary School 1

Posted May 05, 2014
I just got off the phone with this school and I am horrified.I found out that there is no open door policy, meaning I need to make an appointment with a teacher in order to visit my child's classroom.I don't know but that is extremely fishy to me and I'd rather be able to walk in a class room to know whats going on at that time then to have things setup (meaning the element of surprise, I'd see the real going ons than what is setup) Use cation here!!

Posted February 09, 2014
I am a former sudent that went there since pre-k. Awesome school! doesnt really have programs... but you know, it has the basics. I loved the teachers there! they were so conserned about every student in the class. -nikki

Posted February 15, 2013
My son is in the Pre-K program this year, 2013, and he enjoys it. We moved to this area because this school was an A+ school a few years ago. I have no idea if it still is. The principal is great, staff is very friendly, my sons teachers are very sweet, and soft spoken. So soft spoken that I often wonder how they can control a room full of 4 and 5 year olds without yelling, but they do. After what happened at the school in Newtown, Connecticut, this school is more protected with the local sheriffs always very close by.

Posted September 10, 2012
We just started at Lakewood Park, and so far so good. The kids like their teachers, so far, and are doing well academically.

Lakewood Park Elementary School 2

Posted December 22, 2011
First words out of my kids' mouths when picked up on the first day "This school is a prison! They yell at you, threaten you." The school does look like a mini-prison and I believe in positive appearances for young children; a learning environment should look like fun and be inviting...not scary. As far as the teachers go, they do not really communicate with you on your child's progress or weaknesses until report card which is much too late. The classrooms are uninviting and dull. Something you would see in a 3rd world country at best. I will add that there are a few cream-of-the crop and you would be blessed to get one of these. I would not recommend sending your child here if you can avoid it. It is now a Title I school but they do not do well to adhere to the rules of communication with parents. They are back in time...I do not get emails on functions, staff does not smile at you, as a matter-of-fact, the receptionist lady behind the desk always has a sour face on. Not staying there another year...sorry my kids had to be there but I'll be one of those parents who are in line 5am to sign my kids out to another school...fast! Otherwise I'm removing them from the Education system.

Lakewood Park Elementary School 2

Posted February 13, 2010
My child has been in Lakewood Park Elementary for 5 years. I don't like the school for several reasons: 1) The report card sometimes has passing grades, but also says, 'below grade level', 2) They are haphazard in giving honor roll. My child was given honor roll and later we was told it was a mistake, 3) They practice social promotion over the wishes of the parent. 4) They will not answer all of the parents questions and 5) Sometimes they will not give you your child's records. I do not recommend the school. I will note there are some very good people working there, but I still cannot recommend the school.

Lakewood Park Elementary School 5

Posted October 16, 2009
my son has been going to lakewood park elementary school since kindergarden (he is now in 2nd grade). It is a great school! The teaching staff is exceptional....... he has had the best, most inventive teachers. For kindergarden he had Ms. Allen, For 1st grade Ms. Dayton, now for 2nd he has Ms. Cunningham. All great! The Office staff are wonderful too...... the school nurse, the cafeteria staff, very friendly! All around A++ school.

Posted January 07, 2008
I have an 11 year old son who attends Lakewood Park Elementary School. He has been going there since grade 1 and is now in 5th grade. I find this school to be a highly informative school when it comes to informing parents of all the events/happenings. Academically, it's also a pretty good school, however for some reason they don't teach the kids how to write in cursive writing! My son knows how to write cursive because I tought him. All in all though, it is a very good school and frankly I wish it was also a middle school.

Lakewood Park Elementary School
7800 Indrio Road, Fort Pierce, FL  34951
Last modified Lakewood Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.