Fort Pierce, FL

Weatherbee Elementary School 1

Posted May 27, 2014
I am extremely unsatisfied with this school. They are very disorganized to say the least. My son was hit by another student in the chest and then was co-erced into saying it happened at home. DCF was called instead of talking with us first. We have a THREE year relationship with staff there and this claim was ridiculous and unfounded. We are taking him out of weatherbee asap.

Weatherbee Elementary School 1

Posted July 22, 2013
I am very upset with Weatherbee Elementary. My daughter has been coming home upset and saying she is scared to go back because a girl in her class has been hitting her in the leg with her chair and she comes home with bruses on her leg and no one at the school did anything about it when her father and I reported it to her teacher and Mr. Hitsman. I am plaining on sending both of my kids to another school.

Posted November 03, 2011
this is a wonderful school,i am very pleased with all areas and staff and i must add that mr. hitsman the principal is the greatest,he truley cares for every child and their family's as well. I can not say enough about him he is so wonderful,and i am blessed my only son and two nieces have the opportunity to be under his and his staff's care, it is truly and honer. I can only wish my son ron will be as great of a man he is one day!! And his teacher ms. Barnet is the greatest as well she truly has impacted and is so very dedicated to all of her students!!!

Posted April 23, 2011
Teachers at this school are supported by great administrators! When the teachers are able to do their job, the quality of teaching is passed on to the students. The students are able to do such a great job because they are inspired by teachers who really care about their students. There is a real community spirit at Weatherbee Elementary.

Posted September 19, 2009
The teachers are the BEST. Every day they work with their students to encourage them to do their best.

Weatherbee Elementary School 0

Posted September 19, 2009
The teacher's at Weatherbee Elementary School care about the students. The students are eager and wanting to learn!

Posted May 30, 2008

Weatherbee Elementary School 4

Posted March 26, 2008
My daughter is in third grade in Mrs. Moores class. Finally, she is being challanged to do really good work. Before teachers would just let her be the helper because she was so smart. Now, her teacher teaches things to her that are on her level! She is use to getting staight As without working for them, now she actually has to work for them. Also, her teacher gives her stuff like projects and plays and really makes her love coming to school and learning. Sometimes, my daughter comes home and tells me things and I'm like - I didnt know that. Her teacher even gives the parents her cell phone number in case they have any questions when they are doing their homework. I have never had a teacher take such an interest in my child. I talk to other parents from her class and they all say the same!

Weatherbee Elementary School 3

Posted February 02, 2007
What parent envolvment. they wont even let you see the teachers You have to make an appointment.second there are no sports for the little kids if you want scoccer you have to go to the ymca. I know none of the kids he is in school with except the ones that are a parent pick up and non of the parents. I like weatherbee as far as my son learning he is an ESE student and has gone along way mrs stevens is a god send in her class there is no fighting , no bullys and all the kids love each other. the programs to help the children who need it are wonderful.

Posted June 09, 2006
This is a terrific school. My child was an ESE student at this school for 2 yrs.,and his disability has improved since he started going there. This school is just an all around great school with wonderful teachers who care and Mrs. Bornsen is one of them.

Weatherbee Elementary School
800 East Weatherbee Road, Fort Pierce, FL  34982
Last modified Weatherbee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Weatherbee Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top