Posted January 08, 2015
We were horribly disappointed with this school. It was a major "bait and switch". Our child witnessed many things, a child of his age, should not have. In addition, safety is a major concern. Several incidents of bullying (actual physical fights), and honestly I'm not the first one to say the Director herself is a bully! They do not fill out the state required incident reports. Many parents and teachers have left due to the new Director. Conflicts of interest are abundant, and the policies implemented, benefit the directors pocketbook directly! It's a shame that a school with such great potential, has fallen so low in less than a year. They are charging a discounted private school tuition for a public school education. The homework and material presented to the children is EXACTLY the same as the St. Lucie Public School system. Educated yourself on Common Core standards, and then you decide! Save yourself the heartache and frustration, look elsewhere!!!
29 people found this helpful

Posted January 02, 2015
We are by no means a virtual school. We have a few online resources, such as ThinkCentral and Mathletics, that we use to enhance our lessons in the classroom and at home. Students in high school may choose to take an occasional online course if they are interested in taking something that the school does not offer. By infusing technology into our teaching, we are preparing our students for the future.
6 people found this helpful

Posted December 21, 2014
This school has switched over to virtual classes at a private school tuition price which is owned by the current Head of Schools. Pural. Conflict of interest right there. Ask how many hours and classes your child will be taking virtual classes instead of with a full time teacher? Not just upper grades but lower grades as well. Free scholarships to increase student numbers this year does not make for a great academic education. Teacher turnover already this school year. Be careful, they sell you a product that just does not exist for a 21 century education except for new buildings which has nothing to do with education.
34 people found this helpful

Posted November 14, 2014
I would rate this school 0 stars if I could. As a former teacher at St. Andrew's I would advise to stay as far away as possible. The school and administration is sketchy. You do not want to work here and you do not want to send your kids here. The office/administration conveniently "misplaced" all of their former employee's info from their personnel files so that nothing could be recovered and sent to new employers. I also know that they never kept official, completed student records, so I'm sure these were also somehow "misplaced." Don't trust this school or what its staff is selling.
35 people found this helpful

Posted September 21, 2014
I am a new Upper School parent at St. Andrew's this year. My child enjoys going to school for the 1st time in his life. The students and teachers have been so kind and respectful. The class sizes are wonderful (between 12-18 students in each) so my child is no longer just a number like he was in the pubic school system. There is no other school (public or private) in St. Lucie County as great as this one.

Posted September 17, 2014
As a grandparent with two grandchildren in this school for 6 years I will agree that there has been turmoil and constant changing of head of school. However, we are very heartened by the new direction taken by the current Head of School. Mrs. Angelone has to date lived up to every expectation we have and more importantly the Teachers at St. Andrews were and continue to be amazing in their dedication to the students not just to their education but also to their feeling of selfworth and belonging. We had almost made the decision to leave the school after the last change in Head of School but are so glad that we waited. Good things are happening at St. Andrews and we are happy our Grandchildren can be a part of that.

Posted September 02, 2014
This school has been in turmoil for years! Anyone considering it needs to look beyond the surface to learn what is really going on here, and what you are getting for your money. There is no way this school deserves 4 stars. Parents & staff are encouraged to write in to give multiple stars so their rating goes up. They may be trying to develop program around the lagoon issues but the curriculum is weak. It is just a small public school except that religion is pushed on everyone, and not just christian values. Math scores are low and reading is barely above average, and only in 1-2 categories. Nobody talks about it to save their jobs and parents are afraid their options will be limited. Many classes have too few students. Some okay teachers but most are new since many left in droves. I couldn't wait to get out. The school is buying students with full scholarships to fill their new Upper School - too many IEP's! A new building is just that - a building. Think carefully before signing on and don't believe everything they tell you. The issues are not going away anytime soon.
26 people found this helpful

Posted July 22, 2014
My child is entering 10th grade next year at St. Andrew's. We recently met with the guidance counselor to sign up for classes and I am so excited! My child is going to have an opportunity to work closely with Smithsonian scientists, take sailing lessons, play sports, and get a top-notch college prep education. I would highly recommend that you check out this school if you haven't already.

Posted June 28, 2014
I am a teacher at St. Andrew's and the comments below are not at all true. Our new Head of School, Trina Angelone, is amazing! Our school is in a the most stable state that it has been in our 45-year history. Enrollment is higher than it ever has been before. We are by no means a virtual school. We have iPads and MacBooks that we use to teach the children about technology. The teachers at St. Andrew's are engaging and the children learn through hands-on learning. I would recommend that you to go visit the school so you can see just how wonderful it is.
6 people found this helpful

Posted June 07, 2014
The headmasters' at this school change yearly...like a revolving door...very unstable and inconsistent. Be very careful as to the quality of education your child will receive at this institution.
26 people found this helpful

St. Andrew's Episcopal Academy
210 S Indian River Dr, Fort Pierce, FL  34950
Last modified St. Andrew's Episcopal Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
St. Andrew's Episcopal Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top