Posted November 14, 2014
I would rate this school 0 stars if I could. As a former teacher at St. Andrew's I would advise to stay as far away as possible. The school and administration is sketchy. You do not want to work here and you do not want to send your kids here. The office/administration conveniently "misplaced" all of their former employee's info from their personnel files so that nothing could be recovered and sent to new employers. I also know that they never kept official, completed student records, so I'm sure these were also somehow "misplaced." Don't trust this school or what its staff is selling.

Posted September 21, 2014
I am a new Upper School parent at St. Andrew's this year. My child enjoys going to school for the 1st time in his life. The students and teachers have been so kind and respectful. The class sizes are wonderful (between 12-18 students in each) so my child is no longer just a number like he was in the pubic school system. There is no other school (public or private) in St. Lucie County as great as this one.

Posted September 17, 2014
As a grandparent with two grandchildren in this school for 6 years I will agree that there has been turmoil and constant changing of head of school. However, we are very heartened by the new direction taken by the current Head of School. Mrs. Angelone has to date lived up to every expectation we have and more importantly the Teachers at St. Andrews were and continue to be amazing in their dedication to the students not just to their education but also to their feeling of selfworth and belonging. We had almost made the decision to leave the school after the last change in Head of School but are so glad that we waited. Good things are happening at St. Andrews and we are happy our Grandchildren can be a part of that.

Posted September 02, 2014
This school has been in turmoil for years! Anyone considering it needs to look beyond the surface to learn what is really going on here, and what you are getting for your money. There is no way this school deserves 4 stars. Parents & staff are encouraged to write in to give multiple stars so their rating goes up. They may be trying to develop program around the lagoon issues but the curriculum is weak. It is just a small public school except that religion is pushed on everyone, and not just christian values. Math scores are low and reading is barely above average, and only in 1-2 categories. Nobody talks about it to save their jobs and parents are afraid their options will be limited. Many classes have too few students. Some okay teachers but most are new since many left in droves. I couldn't wait to get out. The school is buying students with full scholarships to fill their new Upper School - too many IEP's! A new building is just that - a building. Think carefully before signing on and don't believe everything they tell you. The issues are not going away anytime soon.

Posted July 22, 2014
My child is entering 10th grade next year at St. Andrew's. We recently met with the guidance counselor to sign up for classes and I am so excited! My child is going to have an opportunity to work closely with Smithsonian scientists, take sailing lessons, play sports, and get a top-notch college prep education. I would highly recommend that you check out this school if you haven't already.

Posted June 28, 2014
I am a teacher at St. Andrew's and the comments below are not at all true. Our new Head of School, Trina Angelone, is amazing! Our school is in a the most stable state that it has been in our 45-year history. Enrollment is higher than it ever has been before. We are by no means a virtual school. We have iPads and MacBooks that we use to teach the children about technology. The teachers at St. Andrew's are engaging and the children learn through hands-on learning. I would recommend that you to go visit the school so you can see just how wonderful it is.

Posted June 13, 2014
Why pay for tuition at this private school which is like a public virtual school, when a student can do this at home for free. This once promising school has sold out to a public/virtual education going forward. Ask what your paying for in extra's such as tutoring, sports and any additional classes and how many hours your child will have instruction from a teacher not a computer. Horrible year at this school, would not recommend. Four Headmasters this year. . New Headmaster has a principal/vested interest in the Virtual program they are using going forward.

Posted June 07, 2014
The headmasters' at this school change yearly...like a revolving door...very unstable and inconsistent. Be very careful as to the quality of education your child will receive at this institution.

St. Andrew's Episcopal Academy 2

Posted June 07, 2014
It's a shame this school has changed from a very promising Christian independent school with caring teachers and staff into what appears to be a public virtual school. I suggest that you get a definitive answer from the administration on how many hours a week you student will be receiving instruction from a teacher and how many hours they spend sitting in front of a computer listing to videos. What a shame :(
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 04, 2014
St. Andrew's is a wonderful school! The teachers and new Head of School are amazing! I encourage you to visit the school to learn more about all of the exciting things that are taking place in 2014-2015.

St. Andrew's Episcopal Academy
210 S Indian River Dr, Fort Pierce, FL  34950
Last modified St. Andrew's Episcopal Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
St. Andrew's Episcopal Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top