Posted June 03, 2015
Can't believe it is the last day of school of our sons freshman year. We all took a leap of faith going to a brand new high school. What a blessing it has been! Rowing, Sailing, Dive Certification ! Cross Country, Basketball, & Baseball. AP/Honors Classes, Virtual School, Dual Enrollment, and all with a 4.0 the entire year! Thank You @St. Andrew's Episcopal Academy, Trina Angelone, and Staff! Looking forward to next year!

St. Andrew's Episcopal Academy
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 03, 2015
It is a Christian based Episcopal K-12 school. With its small size and close knit student body, the older kids not only mentor the younger ones, but treat them like family members.

Posted June 03, 2015
I have been in Law Enforcement for over two decades in this community and have a great understanding of the school system and what occurs on a daily basis. Citizens never get this information and think their kids are in a safe setting because the school is an "A" school! Look at crime data and do your real homework! I also know that I want my child to have the best learning experience that he can possibly get, both in the classroom and out. There is a reason that my child is in this school. It is an incredible learning environment with an incredible staff that make you feel part of the family. The staff encourages you to participate and be involved. Try that at the other high schools were your kid is just a number. Some may whine because the Head of School is tough and demanding of them and the students, but isn't that what you want, the best. She also provides education that other schools can not dream of! The virtual school is utilized to further the educational experience, not replace it. With the school located in downtown Fort Pierce, the high school has an open campus and allows high schoolers to go downtown for lunch at chosen participating restaurants. This along with other activities downtown, further stimulates the downtown economy and teaches the kids lifetime lessons. PE classes are held at Anytime Fitness, cooking with the Cupcake Lady, sailing at the Treasure Coast Sailing Center, SCUBA Certification with Dive Odyssea, Science tours with Captain "Chop" and the Indian River Lagoon and Swampland Boat Tours, Marine Science in the City Marina and on the school's own private beach. If your child is interested in the marine sciences, this is the spot. JV and Varsity Sports programs: Rowing, Sailing, SCUBA, Cross Country, Volleyball, Basketball, Baseball, Cheerleading. The Upper School was just a dream 1 year ago and of course there were some hurdles to clear and some bumps along the way. With the first year behind us it looks pretty bright ahead and you will find us on the St. Andrew's Episcopal Academy Team!

Posted May 08, 2015
My son is a student/athlete in 10th grade at St. A's and notice I said student first because that's is what is instilled in the students. I have read some of the other comments and can only attest to what my family has expierenced this year 2014-2015. This school is wonderful. They provide exposure to things out of the ordinary. From the administration to teachers to the coaches to the support staff....this school is top notch. We couldn't ask for anything more from anyone. Our son absolutely loves it here!! Thank you to everyone at St. A's for helping our son to succeed. I'll even go as far as to say this... most teenagers would love to miss a day of school here and there.....but not mine. He absolutely dislikes missing school and makes every effort to get to school after a scheduled doctors appointment. So clearly what Saint Andrew's has to offer is better than staying home and playing XBOX all day. -Evangelina

Posted April 19, 2015
My 2 children have been at the school for almost 7 years. There have been just a few small bumps in the road, but the security and family atmosphere of the school has allowed my kids to grow and flourish with wonderful friends and loving teachers. They can learn because there are not the distractions you would find in other schools, kids are comfortable and happy here, and they can do great things. The lower school teachers are absolutely incredible and my high school age child has a very strong science curriculum with wonderful extra curricular activities like sailing, diving, and sports. If you are discouraged with local education, take a look at St Andrews.

Posted January 08, 2015
We were horribly disappointed with this school. It was a major "bait and switch". Our child witnessed many things, a child of his age, should not have. In addition, safety is a major concern. Several incidents of bullying (actual physical fights), and honestly I'm not the first one to say the Director herself is a bully! They do not fill out the state required incident reports. Many parents and teachers have left due to the new Director. Conflicts of interest are abundant, and the policies implemented, benefit the directors pocketbook directly! It's a shame that a school with such great potential, has fallen so low in less than a year. They are charging a discounted private school tuition for a public school education. The homework and material presented to the children is EXACTLY the same as the St. Lucie Public School system. Educated yourself on Common Core standards, and then you decide! Save yourself the heartache and frustration, look elsewhere!!!
20 people found this helpful

Posted January 02, 2015
We are by no means a virtual school. We have a few online resources, such as ThinkCentral and Mathletics, that we use to enhance our lessons in the classroom and at home. Students in high school may choose to take an occasional online course if they are interested in taking something that the school does not offer. By infusing technology into our teaching, we are preparing our students for the future.

Posted December 21, 2014
This school has switched over to virtual classes at a private school tuition price which is owned by the current Head of Schools. Pural. Conflict of interest right there. Ask how many hours and classes your child will be taking virtual classes instead of with a full time teacher? Not just upper grades but lower grades as well. Free scholarships to increase student numbers this year does not make for a great academic education. Teacher turnover already this school year. Be careful, they sell you a product that just does not exist for a 21 century education except for new buildings which has nothing to do with education.
19 people found this helpful

Posted November 14, 2014
I would rate this school 0 stars if I could. As a former teacher at St. Andrew's I would advise to stay as far away as possible. The school and administration is sketchy. You do not want to work here and you do not want to send your kids here. The office/administration conveniently "misplaced" all of their former employee's info from their personnel files so that nothing could be recovered and sent to new employers. I also know that they never kept official, completed student records, so I'm sure these were also somehow "misplaced." Don't trust this school or what its staff is selling.
19 people found this helpful

Posted September 21, 2014
I am a new Upper School parent at St. Andrew's this year. My child enjoys going to school for the 1st time in his life. The students and teachers have been so kind and respectful. The class sizes are wonderful (between 12-18 students in each) so my child is no longer just a number like he was in the pubic school system. There is no other school (public or private) in St. Lucie County as great as this one.

St. Andrew's Episcopal Academy
210 S Indian River Dr, Fort Pierce, FL  34950
Last modified St. Andrew's Episcopal Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
St. Andrew's Episcopal Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top