St. Andrew's Episcopal Academy 2

Posted May 01, 2015
First, the many overly positive reviews are being posted by the same person . This was a wonderful school which went through it share of hard times, but always remained dedicated to the success of the students. The school has become a piggy bank and public venue for the headmaster to inflate both her ego and bank account. St. Andrews has become an expensive public school that you could get free in the county. Secondly the previously free tutoring services that set St. Andrews apart from other schools has become a funnel for student to pay the "2nd street School of Excellence" which the headmaster opened and I speculate pays her. Ultimately she is getting paid to be St. Andrews headmaster, for the programs the school uses, and for the students funneled to her tutoring company. The entire middle school was terminated last year, many of the lower school staff was let go or left of their on volition some this during year. The school needs a strong Christian leader and they have come up short. I invite you to question the headmaster and see if you get a straight honest answer. My intention was not to persuade anyone from attending the school, just ask questions.

Posted April 19, 2015
My 2 children have been at the school for almost 7 years. There have been just a few small bumps in the road, but the security and family atmosphere of the school has allowed my kids to grow and flourish with wonderful friends and loving teachers. They can learn because there are not the distractions you would find in other schools, kids are comfortable and happy here, and they can do great things. The lower school teachers are absolutely incredible and my high school age child has a very strong science curriculum with wonderful extra curricular activities like sailing, diving, and sports. If you are discouraged with local education, take a look at St Andrews.

Posted January 08, 2015
We were horribly disappointed with this school. It was a major "bait and switch". Our child witnessed many things, a child of his age, should not have. In addition, safety is a major concern. Several incidents of bullying (actual physical fights), and honestly I'm not the first one to say the Director herself is a bully! They do not fill out the state required incident reports. Many parents and teachers have left due to the new Director. Conflicts of interest are abundant, and the policies implemented, benefit the directors pocketbook directly! It's a shame that a school with such great potential, has fallen so low in less than a year. They are charging a discounted private school tuition for a public school education. The homework and material presented to the children is EXACTLY the same as the St. Lucie Public School system. Educated yourself on Common Core standards, and then you decide! Save yourself the heartache and frustration, look elsewhere!!!
34 people found this helpful

Posted January 02, 2015
We are by no means a virtual school. We have a few online resources, such as ThinkCentral and Mathletics, that we use to enhance our lessons in the classroom and at home. Students in high school may choose to take an occasional online course if they are interested in taking something that the school does not offer. By infusing technology into our teaching, we are preparing our students for the future.
6 people found this helpful

Posted December 21, 2014
This school has switched over to virtual classes at a private school tuition price which is owned by the current Head of Schools. Pural. Conflict of interest right there. Ask how many hours and classes your child will be taking virtual classes instead of with a full time teacher? Not just upper grades but lower grades as well. Free scholarships to increase student numbers this year does not make for a great academic education. Teacher turnover already this school year. Be careful, they sell you a product that just does not exist for a 21 century education except for new buildings which has nothing to do with education.
37 people found this helpful

Posted November 14, 2014
I would rate this school 0 stars if I could. As a former teacher at St. Andrew's I would advise to stay as far away as possible. The school and administration is sketchy. You do not want to work here and you do not want to send your kids here. The office/administration conveniently "misplaced" all of their former employee's info from their personnel files so that nothing could be recovered and sent to new employers. I also know that they never kept official, completed student records, so I'm sure these were also somehow "misplaced." Don't trust this school or what its staff is selling.
38 people found this helpful

Posted September 21, 2014
I am a new Upper School parent at St. Andrew's this year. My child enjoys going to school for the 1st time in his life. The students and teachers have been so kind and respectful. The class sizes are wonderful (between 12-18 students in each) so my child is no longer just a number like he was in the pubic school system. There is no other school (public or private) in St. Lucie County as great as this one.

Posted September 17, 2014
As a grandparent with two grandchildren in this school for 6 years I will agree that there has been turmoil and constant changing of head of school. However, we are very heartened by the new direction taken by the current Head of School. Mrs. Angelone has to date lived up to every expectation we have and more importantly the Teachers at St. Andrews were and continue to be amazing in their dedication to the students not just to their education but also to their feeling of selfworth and belonging. We had almost made the decision to leave the school after the last change in Head of School but are so glad that we waited. Good things are happening at St. Andrews and we are happy our Grandchildren can be a part of that.

Posted September 02, 2014
This school has been in turmoil for years! Anyone considering it needs to look beyond the surface to learn what is really going on here, and what you are getting for your money. There is no way this school deserves 4 stars. Parents & staff are encouraged to write in to give multiple stars so their rating goes up. They may be trying to develop program around the lagoon issues but the curriculum is weak. It is just a small public school except that religion is pushed on everyone, and not just christian values. Math scores are low and reading is barely above average, and only in 1-2 categories. Nobody talks about it to save their jobs and parents are afraid their options will be limited. Many classes have too few students. Some okay teachers but most are new since many left in droves. I couldn't wait to get out. The school is buying students with full scholarships to fill their new Upper School - too many IEP's! A new building is just that - a building. Think carefully before signing on and don't believe everything they tell you. The issues are not going away anytime soon.
29 people found this helpful

Posted July 22, 2014
My child is entering 10th grade next year at St. Andrew's. We recently met with the guidance counselor to sign up for classes and I am so excited! My child is going to have an opportunity to work closely with Smithsonian scientists, take sailing lessons, play sports, and get a top-notch college prep education. I would highly recommend that you check out this school if you haven't already.

St. Andrew's Episcopal Academy
210 S Indian River Dr, Fort Pierce, FL  34950
Last modified St. Andrew's Episcopal Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
St. Andrew's Episcopal Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top