PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

My son, in lower elementary has a "wheel of choice" for dealing with conflicts. The teachers try their best to have conflict/resolution be between the students; however, if need be, they are wonderful about talking it out, and resolving the problem effectively.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Children develop differently, and that's what Montessori is all about: follow the child, and not treat them all the same.

Develops character: Strongly agree

For Valentine's Day, my first grader brought home a heart chain. Every friend wrote affirmations about my son, and my son linked them together to form a chain. He felt so loved. They have class meetings where they get to contribute in the choices of the classroom which builds integrity, and friends are able to compliment each other and show thanks if a kind act was done and they want to share.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The amount of respect the teachers have for the children is incredible. They are all trained with the conscious discipline approach. The children have choices which makes them feel like they contribute to their community.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

My son is in lower elementary (first-third graders), and his only requirement for homework is 75 min of reading a week. I love this. Less stress for him, more time to be a kid, and more time for us to spend as a family. In school, he and his teachers create work plans together with goals, and throughout the year, he evaluates himself to see where he can improve. He loves math, so his work plan has a lot of math work, but also the cultural and language arts he needs as well.

I have three kids that attend SG: two boys and one girl ranging from 2-6.5years old. We have been part of this environment for about 5 years. I first enrolled my oldest because I wanted a learning environment and freedom of movement and not a daycare. We haven't looked back and it's been the best choice for them. My kids are all different, but they are the same in curiosity and desire to learn. SG Fuels this desire, and I love that.

Sun Grove Montessori is such a caring, supportive, nurturing environment for my 3 kids. I couldn't recommend them more highly for their commitment to quality, authentic Montessori and programs.

This is my daughter's first year attending Sun Grove Montessori. She is in the Primary class and we could not be happier with the teachers. They are kind, compassionate, gentle, guiding, patient and you can truly tell that they embody the Montessori Method. My daughter didn't want to go to school initially so it was tough to see her sad but in class (we were able to watch her from an observation room) we saw how kind the other students were to her as well as the teachers. Because they were all so caring as she began attending school, I think it helped her really open up. Now she loves going and talks about it all the time. She is learning very quickly and comes home and always has a new song about something she learned --- colors, counting, continents, weather, etc. It's wonderful! The school is so different from public schools and completely different from religious based schooling. This non-religious school teaches a comprehensive approach to education - starts bilingual education with 3 year olds, they do yoga, they learn about gardening, they have ample outdoor play time, they learn manners with food. You cannot find this kind of quality anywhere else!

It is a privilege to work at Sun Grove Montessori School where the focus is on each individual. I feel fortunate to work in a school that values life long learning and emphasizes independence, leadership and academic skills. We hear again and again how well prepared our graduates are for the various environments they enter. A Montessori education is preparation for life and I would encourage anyone to tour and find out more about our school.

Sun Grove Montessori School is a great preparation for life. My daughter attended through 8th grade and has made an excellent transition to High School. She was a little nervous going into a much larger environment, but she was very well prepared. Her father and I see her thriving socially, emotionally and academically in her new environment and we feel that her years at Sun Grove Montessori School were a great preparation for this transition and her continuing journey into adult life.

Last modified Sun Grove Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8