1,240 students|St. Lucie

Bad
Good

I hate this school I have been asulted 4 times by other students I am a A honor role student I don't deserve this

This school is so amazing! i learned 2 count!! i rate this scool 5 stars!!

Worst school in the district...I rated this school one star only because I had to...Otherwise they dont deserve any

I would like to take this opportunity to rave about Samuel Gaines. My child is in 6th grade and comes with an IEP for behavioral issues. When we originally moved to FL, he was zoned in Port St. Lucie and went to North Port.That school was so awful that I phsyically moved my residence in order to change his school since the school board offered me no help. Everyone told me how horrible the schools in Fort Pierce were, and if I wanted my child to have the education he needed, I would do better moving to Indian River or Martin. I chose Samuel Gaines because it was very close to my home, and one did not seem any better then the next. Samuel Gaines has by far been nothing short of amazing. The team of teachers my son has are outstanding. Mrs Lyshon is their team leader, and they all seem to have the same no nonsense attitude sprinkled with just enough empathy to make them understanding of some of our extenuating circumstances. I appreciate this school and what the special needs department to the resource officer has done for my family. Granted the other kids in this school have been an issue but nothing the staff hasnt addressed immediately. This school is working hard for our kids.

I like the teachers however the other students in this school are out of control there is a lot of bulllying. I was really concerned with my childs safety!! :(

The worst school ever!! There is bullying and no safety for students. If you want you're child safe, I would not recommended this school.

I gave this a one stary only because it wont let you give it a zero. This is by far the worst public school I have ever had to deal with. I have had children in school since 1999 and never had an experience as bad as this. The principal is more concerned with it looking like she had no discipline problems at the school than with the actual safety of the students. When I had to meet with the principal it was like talking to the wall. And my experience with most of the other staff was just as bad. I even had a teacher actually threaten bodily harm to my child. If there was anyway to prevent your child from going to this school I would certainly do it!!!

this is one of the best schools that i have been to i go to this school i am gonna be going to the 8th grade this year.

I had the opportunity to act as the field guide/naturalist on a 4-H sponsored wildlife boat tour of the Indian River with Ms. Collins 5th graders on April 30th. Ms Collins class was one of the best classes I have ever had the pleasure of having on the boat. They were well behaved to a fault, truly ladies and gentlemen. They had studied the 4-H material provided to them before the trip and were able to answer most of the questions I posed to them about the marine life, vegetation and other topics. This is no small feat and rare for any grade level. They were excited as we saw things of interest yet able to contain their excitement while I explained some facts not covered by the 4-H handouts. They were eager to learn and interested in most of the information provided. I was truly impressed by Ms Collins control and preparation of the class. I was also happy to have met the kids. all of them , particularly the young man who, with the Avenue D Boys Choir, had visited London, Paris and ,his favorite city, Motown. Please pass on my compliments to Ms collins, the kids and their parents...It was truly my pleasure to have met them all.

This school has to be the worst of them all. My daughter was totally looked over and I never got any clear answers to why no one recommended extra help due to her being disabled.All I got was the run a rounds and now she is being retained.Any idiot could have seen that my daughter needed this help. Still her teacher saw this and ignored what I had requested time and time again.Finally three weeks before school ended they got in contact with me and now it's to late.

Last modified Samuel S. Gaines Academy K-8 is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.