Fort Walton Beach, FL

Calvary Christian Academy 1

Posted August 23, 2014
My daughter attended this school for the 2013-2014 school year as a kindergartener. First let me state that this is a VERY strict school. It was one of the things we initially liked about it. We now realize how important it is to have an environment that is slightly more relaxed. I truly believe it's more conducive to learning. The younger kids aren't t even allowed to talk at lunch. This school also lacks balance with the religious and educational aspect. We had hoped that our daughter would come away with more in the educational department but that was not the case at all. My daughter came home very scared about the "lake of fire" and not wanting to go there if she didn't "praise God enough". She also informed me that a beloved pet that we recently had to put down was NOT in doggy heaven, but in the lake of fire because he didn't praise God enough according to her teacher. Really? I don't consider that appropriate for anyone to be telling my 5 year old. The real clincher for me was shortly after Christmas when my daughter asked me if "I have a baby in belly and I'm not married, will I be stoned to death"? Seriously, who tells a classroom of 5 year old's something like that???

Posted April 19, 2014
Great, loving, Christian environment. Students really learn about the truth's of God's Word. So thankful for CCA.

Posted April 13, 2014
I agree WHOLE HEARTEDLY with the post from Jan. 12, 2014!! With 2 children in Calvary and close to 4 years in the school my family and I could not be happier! Each teacher, even teachers that have never had my children in class, and staff members somehow know my children by name, they know that my husband and I are their parents and I love that! ANY time I have had any concern or questions about something the teachers have been extremely prompt in answering me and have offered to meet with me at my convenience. I love Calvary and feel that my children have been blessed to have the opportunity to attend this school. The staff at Calvary love the Lord and love these kids, no doubt about it!

Posted April 13, 2014
Calvary is a wonderful school! A top notch education taught by great teachers and supported by a staff who all put in 100%! They teach the kids about the love of God through their words and their actions!

Posted April 12, 2014
I love Calvary Christian Academy. It has a caring staff and faculty and I feel my son is secure there. We have been with Calvary for over a decade and feel blesses for it.

Posted April 11, 2014
My kid's school is a wonderful Christian school that focuses on Christ, teaching His Word in every subject and helping us as parents to raise our children in the care and admonition of the Lord. Our children have been there for several years now and we are extremely pleased with the teachers, the staff, the instruction, and all of what this school does for us and our kids. We look forward to many more years in partnership with Calvary.

Posted April 11, 2014
My Children have attended Calvary since K-5. I love the Phonics base beginning that they received, it has made them both great readers and spellers. The staff is a loving and helpful group of people who love their job and the children they work with. They make you feel that they care about your child and they want them to do well as much as you do. they are willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.

Calvary Christian Academy 1

Posted February 06, 2014
The first year my child attended was great; his teacher made learning fun and worked with students' particular ways of learning (visual, tactile, auditory, etc.). My child's second year was horrible. The teacher handed out conduct marks - which can lead to detentions, and in turn a suspension, if they rack up - like candy for *very* inane things (i.e. letting her know someone else could have a turn). She ignored me most of the time when I asked about the specifics behind the multiple conduct marks. Attempts to find a compromise in meetings with teacher and principle (who is the teacher's husband) were unfruitful. This school does not allow in-classroom observation, even if it is requested by a therapist. His teacher did not allow the boys and girls to play together at recess. A VERY legalistic Christian school. Apparently some of the parents agreed with me about the conduct marks but because I was the only one who consistently voiced my concern (and frustration), even though I was civil about it, I was abruptly told to remove my child from the school.

Posted February 01, 2013
We are so absolutely blessed to have found CCA. From the moment we stepped foot into the school we felt that it was the perfect place for our daughter. Not only is she receiving a wonderful education and learning how to stand proud with Jesus she is able to participate in numerous after school activities-this is huge as many smaller schools can't offer them. Amazing parent communication & involvement, NO bullying, NO students left behind, and most importantly your children are EXPECTED to succeed-therefore they do! Helpful and encouraging staff, administration, teachers---everyone! If you are considering any other school -STOP! Pick CCA. You will NOT regret it! We are having to move in a few months, and I am heartbroken and still unable to find a school I think is any where near the caliber of CCA. Amazing. Just look in the faces of their students, that will speak louder than any words I say!

Posted February 18, 2012
This school is one of the best in FWB, FL. The teachers are well educated, some with numerous degrees and many years of teaching education. They give your child one on one attention. The teachers care and their goal is to teach your child and make sure that child learns. The Teachers, Principle and staff at CCA are all very knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and enjoy their jobs. The students are well mannered, polite, open & hold doors open for you. And are better acting then most students we have been around There is NO BULLYING going on at this school. No NAME CALLING, ETC. Students here are nice to each other. If you believe in learning about God, while getting a great education in a Christian environment, then Calvary Christain Academy is the school for you.

Calvary Christian Academy
535 Clifford Street, Fort Walton Beach, FL  32547
Last modified Calvary Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Calvary Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top