664 students|Okaloosa

Bad
Good

Wright Elementary School 3

Posted September 29, 2014
There are many teachers at Wright that are amazing with the exception of very few. However, the office staff members always seem a bit frustrated every time I go in to ask a question. I try to avoid the front office if I can.

Posted November 20, 2013
This is by far the worst school ive ever delt with ! Lice year round rude teachers and staff . Teachers are temps or fill ins . Last year my daughter never had a real teacher . She has also contracted lice 6 times in 6 months . They cover this up and dont report them . She is being pulled out as of now ! If you value your childs education don't put them here !

Wright Elementary School 4

Posted August 05, 2013
Both of my children attended Wright, and I came to know many of the teachers personally. I disagree with previous comments. Fellow parents, you get what you give. Teachers are there to teach and help your child learn to his full potential. Children are there to learn. I have witnessed many who don't seem to get that. If a teacher tells you something you don't want to hear, you decide she's "rude," when it's just that you don't like what she's saying. What this school needs is more parents who care and send their kids to school with a positive attitude. Spend a day in the classroom to see what it's all about. These teachers do care about their students.

Posted August 05, 2013
My son went here and he was picked on and bullied the whole time that he there. He was attacked on the school bus and nobody would do anything about it. I talked to the bus driver and principal and neither one would do anything to help him feel safe. Nothing was done to the child that attacked my son. I pulled my son out of that school and put him into another and have had no more problems since. I do not like this school and would not recommend it to anyone.

Posted February 14, 2012
My son goes to Wright 2nd year there. I hate that school too many things to list.. Unprofessional staff ...maybe a new principal is what they need.

Posted September 07, 2011
I am very disappointed with this school. My son has been here since 1st grade and I have had problems out of all his teachers. They are rude and care nothing about the students and are more worried about how THEY look to the school board. I'm sorry, but that is not how it was when I was in school. The principal is just flat out rude. Told my son last year that she was gonna call the cops on him. (He was only 7) That is not how you conduct yourself as an adult let alone an elementary school principal. I have had to go to the school every yer my son has been there due to teachers making outrageous accusations and careless grading. I actually had to correct my son's grades on his hoework and send them back because the teacher graded it so poorly. Marking things wrong that weren't and not marking things wrong that should have been. Just all out pathetic.

Posted July 25, 2011
This school is not what it use to be. Ms. Hubeli has put this school in the ground, she does not care about your child at all. I don't know how she ever got to where she is now but I sure do hope that moves on soon. I wen't to this school many years ago and looked forward to my child going there but one year is all I can send her and moving her this year. I say good by to this head ache of a school and wish the best for the ones that stay.

Posted April 26, 2010
My family just moved here and the school my kids went to in Ky. was fantastic. I am extremely dissapointed in this school. The teacher my son has is unfriendly and even down right rude. I am ready to homeschool.

Posted January 08, 2010
Everyone is right about Mr. Woitt being a great principal. He was an excellent principal and the reason why I sent my child to wright in the first place. Ever since he left though, there has been nothing but problems. The new principal Ms. Hubeli is not what Wright needs. She does not want to help your child in any way and there have been several times that I feel that my child is not safe in that school and I am not the only parent that feels this way. I never had a problem with Wright Elementary when Mr. Woitt was principal. At least he would listen to your concerns and try to fix them. The new principal won't even take the time of day to call you back. There are some serious issues that need to be addressed at this school!

Wright Elementary School

Posted November 03, 2009
The teachers and administration go above and beyond to look out for the students of Wright Elementary. It is the Wright Elementary school in our community.

Wright Elementary School
305 Lang Road, Fort Walton Beach, FL  32547
Last modified Wright Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.