Freeport Elementary School

Public | PK-4 | 602 students

Posted February 1, 2013

My child has gone to this school for two years now and I've been nothing but impressed with her teachers. I love how involved I'm allowed to be and how welcome they make me feel. All the staff truly care for the students. This is a great school!

Posted November 1, 2012

Military family here chose beautiful master-planned Freeport community over overpriced Niceville/Bluewater neighborhoods, worried about what elementary school would be like...after 2 years, I feel this is a very decent school. It has a solid positive behavior system in place and an excellent reading program. My kids have had some amazing teachers although I have learned that as with any public school, you need to be proactive in requesting a teacher that is right for your child's personality (you cannot request specific teachers but you can request the characteristics your child needs). The gym/music/art/library teachers all seem to be enthusiastic, devoted educators. The school has a "sunshine math" program to challenge advanced students and a gifted/talented program. I toured Bluewater Bay Elementary at one point due to open enrollment possibilities; the environment seemed more crowded & stressful to me and I was not convinced that my kids would be happier there. FES is not without its flaws but overall I feel that my kids are receiving a very decent education and enjoying an incomparable lifestyle.

Posted February 6, 2012

Excellent school! I have nothing but praise for this school! Coming from a neighboring school (Butler Elementary) I was a bit nervous about my child's transition. I must say, I was so pleasantly surprised! The teachers and staff are so friendly, and welcoming. They keep me well informed on my children's progress, and if they need any help in any areas. They encourage reading and learning at all their events & activities. They know every child by name, and encourage parental participation and have an open door policy for parents any time. As a parent that lived in Santa Rosa Beach, I am so glad I tried the school, and did not allow people to discourage me from taking my children here! I have personally experienced both schools (Butler & Freeport) and find that we are having a much richer experience here in Freeport. So, for those parents that shuttle their children south of the bay, please give Freeport a try before making that decision. I am very happy I did!

Posted November 10, 2009

Our children have been in schools all around America. This is the first school our children have attended that have gone above and beyond when it comes to communicating with the parents. As our youngest is in K, we have not worked with the advanced programs yet. Regardless, this is one of the best elementary schools our children have attended.

Posted October 12, 2009

I would have to say that the school could work a bit harder at providing a challenge for those able to handle it. It appears that they are too worried about the 'FCAT' as most public school systems seem to be nowadays. The No Child Left Behind Act has created a school system that seems to only be concerned with 'making the grade' and not teaching a full robust curriculum. I can see a future that wonders why we let our brightest minds dim and die in the quagmire that is NCLBA.

Posted May 24, 2009

its o.k. but not that good with childrens behavior and the way people deal with that but very safe and excellent teachers!

Posted April 21, 2007

Our two boys are doing so well at Freeport Elementary that they are on the honor roll. They have excelled and exceeded our expectations, the teachers go above and beyond communicating with the parents. This is a school I very highly recommend for anyone's child. They make your child feel at home, know the kids by name, ensure your child's safety and provide an atmosphere for well being and learning. The building and facilities are in excellent condition, the media center is very well stocked for voracious readers and the Principal is a leader. Our kids are not only learning at Freeport Elementary, they are thriving. My only complaint is that it does not go all the way through College because the school is that good.

Posted April 17, 2007

I went to Freeport Elementary when I was a student. Now I have one child attending this year and another child starting next year. This school is an excellent elementary school. The teachers and staff care about each and every student. I am a very involved parent, and I see first hand the quality of education the children receive. The school also strives to keep the kids excited about what they're learning. The staff and PTO provide fun activities like a Fall Festival, T-shirt contest for the kids, and lots of extra events througout the school year. I feel very lucky that my children will and have attended this school.

Posted March 3, 2006

After losing our home to hurricane katrina we relocated to Freeport florida and enrolled our kids in Freeport Elementary. They made us feel so welcome and at ease knowing that our kids would be well taken care of. The kids love the school and have made lots of new friends. One of my sons has a severe allergy to ants and they staff has gone above and beyond to make his safety a priority. We love this school and have made Freeport our home.

Posted November 30, 2005

moving down here from New Orleans due to Katrina my daughter attended this school and loved it. I thought the principal was awesome! He was very motivating and positive and strived for hard work and setting goals. We lived about 30 minutes away so I don't know about after school avtivities. My daughter really enjoyed the music and art program. For the little while we were there I was very impressed with teachers, principal and staff.

Posted October 26, 2005

The teachers here are excellent and very kid friendly. I have to say that in my opinion the school is unprepared for children with medical needs. They do not have choices for children with food allergies, and offer little assistance for parents.

Posted March 15, 2005

My two girls have attended FES for the past 3 years. The teachers are above average and really go the extra mile to help our girls be successful in their endeavors. The support staff is encouraging and helpful in every manner possible. The learning environment is exceptional in encouragement and excitement. The ESE program at FES is above average. The ESE teachers really know how to motivate my girls into making the right choices. The resources FES makes available are outstanding. The student teacher ratio is appropriate. FES makes learning fun and challenging. The student's are very forgiving and equally accepting of other students and various disabilities. Overall, we love FES and the students and the staff!

Posted May 19, 2004

This is a great school, one of the better run schools in the County. They have great incentives for the kids to achieve their personal goals.

Posted March 5, 2004

The faculty and staff at this school hold extremely high standards for our children. We are very proud to say our children attend Freeport Elementary. I know they are getting the high education they need to succeed in life!

Posted March 5, 2004

Exceptional school with a friendly atmosphere. All staff promotes a positive learning environment where students feel safe. My children and I love Freeport Elementary School!

Posted March 5, 2004

I have a son in this school and I have one that has already graduated that went to this elementary school. These teachers work very hard and if more parents would volunteer they would see this. We may be a small community school, but we give every student as much if not more than any big city school could.This school cares about its students!

Posted March 5, 2004

We have two children who attend FES. We find that the staff keeps children first in every decision. It is a caring, nurturing environment where every child has the opportunity to reach their potential. Parents and/or Volunteers are very much a part of the school and are always welcome. In addition, to giving our children a first rate education, my husband and I appreciate the fact that the school stresses good citizenship, good behavior, and personal responsiblity. Our children love their school--everyone from their own teachers and the principal to the custodians!

Posted March 4, 2004

Freeport Elementary School is an excellent school, as evidenced by the overwhelming percentage of positive responses received on the annual parent survey. As an involved parent, I see wonderful things happening at this school every day. For a true review of the school, call or write for a copy of the annual report and the school will happily provide one.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

109 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

110 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Scale: % level 3, 4, or 5

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

116 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

116 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

112 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Scale: % level 3, 4, or 5

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

105 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "B".

Ethnicity This school

• MRS. PAMELA JONES
Fax number
  • (850) 892-1219

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now